• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he looked quite confident with the ball at his feet. Normally he's hesitant and just passes to the closest person but he definitely tried to be more progressive. Well done Leno

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Watching the highlights from that game not sure what Emi could have done on those goals unless he was Superman. Those were some pretty decent goals.

I think it was slightly tongue in cheek. After all the Leno bashers were very quick to bring up the fact Villa conceded very little early on. It was apparently because Emi brings a calmness to the whole defence and is particularly good with dealing with high balls into the box. Leno we were told is the opposite.

So it is bemusing to see the reactions of those same people when right now Emi is conceding for fun. Not particularly dealing well with balls into the box judging by the Soton game. Also considering the absolute belters Leno got for parrying a shot that was fired at him at close range to the wrong area. Apparently it is something we wouldn't have to worry if we still had Martinez. Cue Emi doing the same against Leeds but in this case from a shot from quite a distance away.

I'm not here to bash Emi, good luck to him but like any sane person would have predicted Emi so far couldn't maintain his incredible form he displayed for us in his last few matches. So next time people want to criticise Leno do it without using the Emi in super mode benchmark.

Leno is far from perfect but it would be a nice change when he makes a minor mistake and you don't see a dozen of posts saying 'Martinez would never' and demanding we upgrade on him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Apart from no fans being allowed inside the stadium this fixture is at the Emirates. You will have to wait until 6 February for the return fixture at Villa Park to cheer on Emi and Villa. Hope your boy Grealish isn't in the mood to spoil our party.
:lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think it was slightly tongue in cheek. After all the Leno bashers were very quick to bring up the fact Villa conceded very little early on. It was apparently because Emi brings a calmness to the whole defence and is particularly good with dealing with high balls into the box. Leno we were told is the opposite.

So it is bemusing to see the reactions of those same people when right now Emi is conceding for fun. Not particularly dealing well with balls into the box judging by the Soton game. Also considering the absolute belters Leno got for parrying a shot that was fired at him at close range to the wrong area. Apparently it is something we wouldn't have to worry if we still had Martinez. Cue Emi doing the same against Leeds but in this case from a shot from quite a distance away.

I'm not here to bash Emi, good luck to him but like any sane person would have predicted Emi so far couldn't maintain his incredible form he displayed for us in his last few matches. So next time people want to criticise Leno do it without using the Emi in super mode benchmark.

Leno is far from perfect but it would be a nice change when he makes a minor mistake and you don't see a dozen of posts saying 'Martinez would never' and demanding we upgrade on him.
I'm with you mate! I don't understand why bashing Leno and raising Emi to the skies makes any sense. When Emi took over many predicted absolute doom, then he played much better than expected and all of a sudden he is God and Leno absolute rubbish. Just don't get many posters here. Black or white, great or absolute rubbish and nothing in between. That seems the motto for many.

I for one hope Emi does well (except against us) and has a good career. He will have good and bad games I am sure. The couple of months he played for us were not enough to replace Leno.

REWB

I swear he should have done better for the second goal? overall awful. *Sign* we finally get a solid keeper and we sell him....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Word on the roads is Martinez has more cleansheets at the Emirates than Leno this season .

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There's not a top class keeper on earth built like Olive Oyl. What a disaster counting on him.

Manberg

Predator
The Villa game reminded me that Leno’s distribution is not very good. One of the Villa goals came from Martinez’s long kick which put our defence under all sorts of pressure. And I remember us doing that to Man City in the FA cup, through Martinez’s balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom