• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Boycotting Arsenal

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you true supporter rich you'll can't boycott you may watch the game but feel horrible this been me since like 2017 i never enjoyed a game we play apart from handful of games.

Reactions: Kav

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
No way could I ever boycott them. You take the good times with the bad, that's what being a fan is. Look at clubs like Villa and Leeds, huge clubs back in the day, they've had it a lot worse than us recently. Even Pool didn't win a title for 30 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can’t imagine Rich 1990 with a guitar. :lol:

N27E62O6KZAQJBZKAZI3DYUG64.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol: Got a guitar sitting by me now, nearly smashed the laptop with it. I've tried the hobby thing multiple times and i've always slipped back into old habits. With the internationals now, it's probably time to give it a real bash. I do have hobbies that i can commit more time too. Think i'll avoid having a political mind though, tbh.
If it makes you feel any better, I've had a guitar for the last 3 years and never bothered to learn it either :lol:. Piano is easier for me - less callouses!

Breezy

I used to watch football regularly. I’d be intrigued watching Getafe vs Osasuna. These days I struggle to sit through the Classico or some of the big prem games. Bores me.

It’s only the Arsenal games left that still holds a vested interest, and even that isn’t anywhere near what it was.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Real thing i don't like is how it turns you into an arsehole. Not like one of those douches that turn violent but just someone whose not very pleasant to be with. A bit like Riou just not 24/7.

I'll probably follow games on here without watching and invest myself in History studies.

Kav

Established Member
This is going to sound melodramatic and even more so coming from me. But i've genuinely had enough of this ****e. I said i'd boycott after Leicester and failed which has done me **** all favours. I'd appreciate some advice on ignoring the club for the foreseeable as i'm not willing to get angry over such turgid ****e.

I too am very close to this tipping point. It is like watching a very dear friend constantly messing up and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You try to be there for them but they keep spiraling out of control. What to do?

I am going to take up a new hobby to free myself of my Arsenal dependency. I don't know yet. Might start going back to the gym. Might take up jogging.

The point is, none of the above will bring me the same levels of emotional distress that supporting Arsenal has done for the last 24 years.

The worst part is when we were good, i took it for granted and expected us to be better than everyone except Man U/ Real/Bayern/Barcelona as I was confident that we would win our domestic matches. Now I just suffer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm so apathetic to it all now, but for some people perhaps it would genuinely be better if they did truly disassociate themselves from it especially if it wasn't giving them much joy.

I'm lucky I now just watch Arsenal out of habit more than anything else, defeats don't really get to me that much. It used to be different because under Wenger I was obviously way more invested in it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm so apathetic to it all now, but for some people perhaps it would genuinely be better if they did truly disassociate themselves from it especially if it wasn't giving them much joy.

I'm lucky I now just watch Arsenal out of habit more than anything else, defeats don't really get to me that much. It used to be different because under Wenger I was obviously way more invested in it.
Bit like WWE. I've been watching it since I was like 8 and I still watch it even though 9/10 the show is garbage (even NXT isn't as good anymore).

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

You're asking for trouble with that second sentence.
I could have you all doing the splits in 30 days 100%. But honestly, you probably aren’t as bad as you think. Only a problem if you go into full meltdown mode (outside of online stuff). Most of my friends don’t even know I’m into arsenal lol. Sometimes I laugh the most when we lose cos you guys are funny/dramatic. We will win the CL in the next 15 years and it’ll be worth it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Look at Arsenal now, Arteta is fighting just like Wenger. Everything is against these Arsenal managers.

We’re a “plucky” club amongst monsters.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then when you boil it down, Arsenal is just a business. Stan cares about numbers, atleast Roman is invested in the football journey. Buy your shirts, pay for your tickets.

I don’t go to matches anymore and haven’t brought a shirt for 4/5 years. The last shirt was a birthday present.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was less invested under Emery than probably any time previously. Due to lockdown and nothing going on I’ve become way more interested in us again.

Watching local non league games and the like isn’t an option right now so I have time for us. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get the love I once had for the club back even if we turn the corner.

I used to feel a connection to the likes of Fabregas, Kolo and Van Persie which just got worse with all the painful losses and betrayals.

Hard to feel much with a club that once was renowned for its class and values when its laid off so many employees, freezes out it’s players, hands out dodgy backhanders to agents and even kicks the mascot to the curb.

If I do stop caring completely I might just go and support a non league team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was less invested under Emery than probably any time previously. Due to lockdown and nothing going on I’ve become way more interested in us again.

Watching local non league games and the like isn’t an option right now so I have time for us. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get the love I once had for the club back even if we turn the corner.

I used to feel a connection to the likes of Fabregas, Kolo and Van Persie which just got worse with all the painful losses and betrayals.

Hard to feel much with a club that once was renowned for its class and values when its laid off so many employees, freezes out it’s players, hands out dodgy backhanders to agents and even kicks the mascot to the curb.
Same. Think many would relate to this.

Top Bottom