• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Boycotting Arsenal

Rival forums are gonna love this. :lol:

Enjoy the ride guys, if you don’t laugh you’ll cry. Our manager is learning on the job, our defenders and more defensive midfielders will shine under Arteta. Our attackers won’t, we’re going to be a bit boring going forwards for a bit. Is what it is.

Let’s hope he does learn on the job rather than turn out to be the Spanish Pulis. Hopefully we can grow into the season and win the Europa.

Do you have faith we can turn our attacking play around under Arteta?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if that’s going to make a huge difference. We’ve been the laughing stock of rival fans for a while now.

You know it’s bad when some rival fans have actually started feeling sorry for us.

:lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is going to sound melodramatic and even more so coming from me. But i've genuinely had enough of this ****e. I said i'd boycott after Leicester and failed which has done me **** all favours. I'd appreciate some advice on ignoring the club for the foreseeable as i'm not willing to get angry over such turgid ****e.

Have you tried
tumblr_mibrynYsVI1s3gpmno8_500.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Do you have faith we can turn our attacking play around under Arteta?
I think so, but I have absolutely nothing to base that on.

My logic is that, if he can pay this much attention to detail to our defence then he might be able to do the same thing to our attack.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Again, has nothing to do with Kroenke, our management is incompetent, especially the guys working on contracts/transfers.
I'm sure Kroenke is not the guy who is happy to throw millions on deadwood as our manager is, but Kroenke gets the blame when things don't work out
Have to agree, it's not like I love Kroenke but it's not really like we haven't spent.

Our poor spending and incompetence in most areas of football at the club have/are killing us.

I’d heard about the Kroenke defense brigade, but I hadn’t seen them with my own eyes. Waddup dudes?

There has been a clear trend since Kroenke took a lead role at the club in 2007. No league title and progressively worse league position. They’ve hired the personnel to manage the club and are responsible for enabling their success. They’ve failed. He’ll run this club into the ground and line his pockets with our money while he does it.

I think so, but I have absolutely nothing to base that on.

My logic is that, if he can pay this much attention to detail to our defence then he might be able to do the same thing to our attack.

I've seen a couple of posters suggest that maybe Arteta is overthinking it with the attack, he wants the attacker to execute each pass after his thinking on the practice ground...

If that is true I would disagree with Arteta. I think the defense should be drilled to bits but the attack should be a bit more fluid and free flowing.

There is a saying in chess you should open like a book, play the middle game like a magician, and the endgame like the engine. Something similar should be for football. Play the defense like the book and the engine and the attack like a magician!

The problem you see in football with managers is that they can be very stubborn with their own ideas. Arteta is very early in his career and he can still admit that things are not working the way he wants too and hopefully he changes something up during the break!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Enjoy the ride guys, if you don’t laugh you’ll cry. Our manager is learning on the job, our defenders and more defensive midfielders will shine under Arteta. Our attackers won’t, we’re going to be a bit boring going forwards for a bit. Is what it is.

Let’s hope he does learn on the job rather than turn out to be the Spanish Pulis. Hopefully we can grow into the season and win the Europa.
This. It's going to take time. We've made **** player investments for years, and it shows with our current attacking options being crap. Days like today are going to happen right now unfortunately.

Arteta will get us there.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
This. It's going to take time. We've made **** player investments for years, and it shows with our current attacking options being crap. Days like today are going to happen right now unfortunately.

Arteta will get us there.

We did make some good transfer decisions this year. Excellent actually.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I've seen a couple of posters suggest that maybe Arteta is overthinking it with the attack, he wants the attacker to execute each pass after his thinking on the practice ground...

If that is true I would disagree with Arteta. I think the defense should be drilled to bits but the attack should be a bit more fluid and free flowing.

There is a saying in chess you should open like a book, play the middle game like a magician, and the endgame like the engine. Something similar should be for football. Play the defense like the book and the engine and the attack like a magician!

The problem you see in football with managers is that they can be very stubborn with their own ideas. Arteta is very early in his career and he can still admit that things are not working the way he wants too and hopefully he changes something up during the break!
Basically you are describing Germany. Arteta should.be pointing to that kind of football if he is that really methodic. A misconception of methods is the structure of them is actually very flexible. If they were rigid you could not adapt them to real life.

Arteta is suffering of that. He is being so rigid and stubborn he is blocking the teams growth. You need more more flexibility at the attack and change the formation because is not working at the long run. You want to play 3 at the back then play counterattack. You want possession then put an extra man in midfield. Is not that hard.

GoonerBoy19

Football is a funny game, 20 years ago we were beating teams like villa, Bolton, Blackburn with swagger. Now we play like Bolton of 2005 and it shows how much this club has regressed in last 15 years, such a shame. When you see Tottenham in top3 of the table along with us playing dull and useless football you tend to hate the game.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We did make some good transfer decisions this year. Excellent actually.
I agree, but not in attack. While I trust Arteta, I wasn't excited about Willian. It's the main area where we need the next overhaul. Continue getting rid of the dross and make some touch ups in defense and midfield, then focus the most of our next spending on attack.

The reality is we need better quality across the entire front.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

**** me people need to get a grip. We’ve been in much worse positions than this.

its 8 games into the season ffs

Bit unfomfortable with this reply. I'll just take it as you thinking this is entirely about the football which is fair enough. But the reality is people are mentally broken at the moment outside of football and the question is should people feel like it's what it should be - a break from reality - or does it actually make it worse? Each person is different.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

@rich 1990 I'm planning on not watching if Willian plays as he makes me the most angry. Maybe even if Laca plays to be honest.

I'm starting the #WillianOnTellyOff movement. I want it trending

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They all hurt mate tbh.

Cole going to Chelsea hurt. Flamini to Milan. Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy and Kolo to City. Hleb to Barca was a killer as well.

Even the way Sol left first time round was brutal and that’s not even mentioning the big two of RVP and Cesc.

Every time we seemed to be building and getting ready to compete we’d lose somebody.
I didn't feel that way about none of them :lol:

Sol was weird and told Wenger he was going abroad then showed up at Portsmouth or something, but that seemed more natural anyways. Kolo was a shame cause we picked Gallas over him which was bizarre. The rest I shrugged off honestly.

I actually hated the early emirates era, always have. The players, the way we played, everything.
Adams era then Paddy's era was definitely more my cup of tea. I couldn't relate to Hleb and them at all.

Top Bottom