• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Boycotting Arsenal

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I actually hated the early emirates era, always have. The players, the way we played, everything.
Adams era then Paddy's era was definitely more my cup of tea. I couldn't relate to Hleb and them at all.

The early emirates era was better than now though even with all those weak midgets, at least they had some skill and technique about them with a great manager. Also they had the cheap underdog thing going for them, now we're just expensive and poor with a bunch of players that like to dance and be silly without actually earning it.

But curious what does it take to relate to players for you? Can you relate to these lot more than the early emirates team?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The early emirates era was better than now though even with all those weak midgets, at least they had some skill and technique about them with a great manager. Also they had the cheap underdog thing going for them, now we're just expensive and poor with a bunch of players that like to dance and be silly without actually earning it.

But curious what does it take to relate to players for you? Can you relate to these lot more than the early emirates team?
We have a Ghanaian starter for the first time in, ever really if we're talking about starting 11.
I am a big Auba fan also, he smiles on the pitch a lot similar to Ian Wright and to me, Auba is world class.
I like confident and positive characters and I am drawn to them so in some ways, so yes I definitely can relate to this team a lot more than some of our previous teams.

Adams was an inspirational captain I could get behind. Bergkamp had the perfect blend of sublime technique and steeliness.

Those Emirates lot were weak, overrated and just moist in general. Not only did they create this soft perception we had until Arteta, Arsenal were just a stepping stone for many of them (in my opinion) or cast offs like Gallas. So, no I didn't relate to them as much.

BigPoppaPump

We have a Ghanaian starter for the first time in, ever really if we're talking about starting 11.
I am a big Auba fan also, he smiles on the pitch a lot similar to Ian Wright and to me, Auba is world class.
I like confident and positive characters and I am drawn to them so in some ways, so yes I definitely can relate to this team a lot more than some of our previous teams.

Adams was an inspirational captain I could get behind. Bergkamp had the perfect blend of sublime technique and steeliness.

Those Emirates lot were weak, overrated and just moist in general. Not only did they create this soft perception we had until Arteta, Arsenal were just a stepping stone for many of them (in my opinion) or cast offs like Gallas. So, no I didn't relate to them as much.

I prefer quality players over ones I can relate to tbh. I like Fabregas, RVP and Sagna more than anyone on our team now. That team were way too injury prone too but back then you could kick us and refs wouldn't care. I miss when we actually had quality forwards.

But at least now I see why you like Laca and Pepe so much :D

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I prefer quality players over ones I can relate to tbh. I like Fabregas, RVP and Sagna more than anyone on our team now. That team were way too injury prone too but back then you could kick us and refs wouldn't care. I miss when we actually had quality forwards.

But at least now I see why you like Laca and Pepe so much :D
Never said anything about Laca or Pepe tbh, I prefer Pepe but Laca I just don't hate or blame him for everything like you do.

In this current team the only ones I genuinely care about is Partey and Aubameyang the rest are literally sidemen like your boi Holding and Tierney etc.

I was a massive fan of Özil too until his second contract - I genuinely thought we would win the league when we signed him.

I have seen genuine top class in my time, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Paddy, Adams, Petit, Overmars - so you can keep your Fabregas and RvP they mean absolutely nothing to me.

BigPoppaPump

Never said anything about Laca or Pepe tbh, I prefer Pepe but Laca I just don't hate or blame him for everything like you do.

In this current team the only ones I genuinely care about is Partey and Aubameyang the rest are literally sidemen like your boi Holding and Tierney etc.

I was a massive fan of Özil too until his second contract - I genuinely thought we would win the league when we signed him.

I have seen genuine top class in my time, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Paddy, Adams, Petit, Overmars - so you can keep your Fabregas and RvP they mean absolutely nothing to me.

Fabregas and RVP were genuinely top class more than Petit and Overmars for sure. It doesn't matter what they mean to you these isn't about feelings and emotions lol.

say yes

forum master baiter
We're the FA Champions and won in the league at Old Trafford for the first time in 13 years last week.

Grow up.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also I felt with those early Emirates teams they had a great underdog vibe. Teams assembled on a shoestring that could still play beautiful football and do well.

You had unheralded nobodies like Adebayor becoming great, Kolo who was an out of position midfielder who became one of the league’s best CBs.

Van Persie who was ran out of Holland as a problem youngster, Diaby with his injury battles etc.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Fabregas and RVP were genuinely top class more than Petit and Overmars for sure. It doesn't matter what they mean to you these isn't about feelings and emotions lol.
But Petit and Overmars won stuff here? what's emotions got to do with it?

Cesc and VP were developed here but we didn't really get much from that in the end did we. 50 mil combined and some highlight reels?

BigPoppaPump

Also I felt with those early Emirates teams they had a great underdog vibe. Teams assembled on a shoestring that could still play beautiful football and do well.

You had unheralded nobodies like Adebayor becoming great, Kolo who was an out of position midfielder who became one of the league’s best CBs.

Van Persie who was ran out of Holland as a problem youngster, Diaby with his injury battles etc.

Yeah I can't stand this current lot that cost like 50 60 70 million but do nothing on the pitch but are always smiling and dancing on snapchat and sh*t. They seem really immature and not taking it seriously.

Moah

I for one blame Wenger.

He spoiled me with his football and now nothing excites me anymore. Players capable of magical moments are being shaped into workhorses at every club in the world. Even Messi is getting shat on for not running enough, ffs.

None of these iPad managers can bring the football of old days, where we can see identities on the field rather than some robotic dead football. Football is now more about winning than pleasure.

I now can cope with the anger I used to feel as I feel absolutely nothing now. Wins don't give me much joy and losses no longer bug me like they used to. I think its time for many of us to look for a more interesting and soul pleasing hobby than football.

BigPoppaPump

But Petit and Overmars won stuff here? what's emotions got to do with it?

Cesc and VP were developed here but we didn't really get much from that in the end did we. 50 mil combined and some highlight reels?

I mean quality of players, a lot of these players you call sidemen have won 3/4 FA Cups and I still don't rate them.

I dunno who I'd choose out of Auba and RVP though, RVP was the better player but Auba doesn't really get injured so that puts him ahead.

Tbh there's just too much competition for good players these days, 6/7 teams on our level or above and a whole bunch of other teams that can afford quality now.

Moah

Are they though? Yeah it’s not a perfect team but look at some of the players.
  • Full England international
  • World class CM signing
  • Recent international keeper for Germany
  • Main creative player for a top 4 rival last year
  • 18/19 Ligue 1 POTY runner up
  • 25M left back signing

Yes there’s gaps in the squad but getting battered like that is inexcusable. Some of these guys looked like they’d never kicked a ball before today.
I understand the point that you wanted to make and agree with pretty much everything you said but don't sneak that ****ing impostor who is a waste of space into anything good happening currently.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I understand the point that you wanted to make and agree with pretty much everything you said but don't sneak that ****ing impostor who is a waste of space into anything good happening currently.

Yes he’s been f*cking appalling but he was Chelsea’s best player post lockdown.

I refuse to think he’s gone off a cliff in the space of a month between seasons. He looks totally lost out there.

Moah

Yes he’s been f*cking appalling but he was Chelsea’s best player post lockdown.

I refuse to think he’s gone off a cliff in the space of a month between seasons. He looks totally lost out there.
I also think he is better than what he's actually showing and I still believe its the system that is more to blame than the players. But I just can't stand him right now, all I see is a Chelsea reject, sticking on the club like a leech.

GoonerJay24

The problems with football in general right now are players getting paid too much and lack that motivation of maximising their performances consistently.

It should be the norm that players get paid per performances, because what's happening now is ruining the passion of the game. But as usual this will only happen if the people (fans) come out collectively in supporting this.

BigPoppaPump

Are they though? Yeah it’s not a perfect team but look at some of the players.

• Ligue 1 team of the season CB
  • Golden boot winning striker
  • A usual one goal in three striker
  • Full England international
  • World class CM signing
  • Recent international keeper for Germany
  • Main creative player for a top 4 rival last year
  • 18/19 Ligue 1 POTY runner up
  • 25M left back signing

Yes there’s gaps in the squad but getting battered like that is inexcusable. Some of these guys looked like they’d never kicked a ball before today.

That's all semantics though, what does it actually mean? Mustafi is an ex-world cup winner, Xhaka an international captain, Lacazette our former POTY that cost us 50 million.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I for one blame Wenger.

He spoiled me with his football and now nothing excites me anymore. Players capable of magical moments are being shaped into workhorses at every club in the world. Even Messi is getting shat on for not running enough, ffs.

None of these iPad managers can bring the football of old days, where we can see identities on the field rather than some robotic dead football. Football is now more about winning than pleasure.

I now can cope with the anger I used to feel as I feel absolutely nothing now. Wins don't give me much joy and losses no longer bug me like they used to. I think its time for many of us to look for a more interesting and soul pleasing hobby than football.

wenger made us feel we were part of something bigger and beautiful. what an amazing boss he was

Kysus

Bit unfomfortable with this reply. I'll just take it as you thinking this is entirely about the football which is fair enough. But the reality is people are mentally broken at the moment outside of football and the question is should people feel like it's what it should be - a break from reality - or does it actually make it worse? Each person is different.

getting broken is the best thing that can happen to you, there is no better facilitator to find yourSelf.

I have been there a few years back and while it may be hard in the beginning inquiring into the brokenness without trying to set it back together will set you free if you commit to it.
Commit to finding truth and staying open to everything that comes up.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"
All the best on your journey my friend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom