• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

When should Arsène Wenger have left ??

Godwin1

Very well-known
You say that, but what evidence are you giving. He finished 2nd, he had the most clean sheets in the league, he got 71 points and his goal difference was 29 . . very much in line with previous seasons if not better.

I can take that comment from some posters because that's just something to say, because they were caught up in the hype without thought. But not from you.
He couldn't get us over the line, which we were in a position to do so, despite all our rivals having a disastrous campaign and in the proceeding seasons we fell out of the top 4. He was well and truly a spent force at that point.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He couldn't get us over the line, which we were in a position to do so, despite all our rivals having a disastrous campaign and in the proceeding seasons we fell out of the top 4. He was well and truly a spent force at that point.
He had the worst injury record in the league and we lost our best player early on. All teams had problems.

I ask again, where's your actual evidence of decline up to 2015/16. I'm not being confrontational, because you and I normally have some good discussions.

Post 2015/16 I agree Wenger lost his 20 year form. But that's another story and the fans had a big part to play in that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I keep telling you, but you won't listen. You can't build a squad in 2 years. By 2015/16 the fans were already sick of him, even though he went from 4th to 3rd to 2nd.

Where are we now?

Klopp built a title winning squad in 2 years and got to the CL final in his second season. From 2013 when we bought Mesut Özil Wenger should've been able to create a title winning squad in the 5 years he had after that.

But the fact is he started buying players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Lucas Perez, Chambers and such. Btec players who aren't even Europa league worthy.

The other point would be in the two years you're talking about you need to show signs of pushing hard for a title against the big guns. Which he didn't at all. It was very poor.

GDeep™

League is very weak
To an extent, he did accept second best. All he had to do was find value in the market. We did have the magnet then, so most unknown talented players would be easily lured. Instead, he chose to sign Kalstrom, Chamack, Park, Squillaci, Sylvester:facepalm: and company. Let's not begin to act like he was Jesus.
You named 5 players that cost us 11m? Doesn’t that tell you something? Half the players you mentioned were free.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He had the worst injury record in the league and we lost our best player early on. All teams had problems.

I ask again, where's your actual evidence of decline up to 2015/16. I'm not being confrontational, because you and I normally have some good discussions.

Post 2015/16 I agree Wenger lost his 20 year form. But that's another story and the fans had a big part to play in that.

13/14 - 4th, 79 points
14/15 - 3rd, 75 points
15/16 - 2nd, 71 points

Whatever way you sugar coat it with league position there is no doubt that there's a big regression in point tallies. Which for me is way more important, because year on year to win the title you need your points tally to go UP, not down.

After finishing on 79 points in 13/14 Arsène Wenger spent £107M in the transfer market. £70M of which went on Gabriel, Welbeck, Debuchy, Ospina and Chambers. A quite horrendous window aside from the excellent signing of Alexis.

After spending £107M our point tally went down to 75 points, no big players left the club. And if Sanchez hadn't signed we would've finished on even less points as he contributed to 16 goals and 8 assists in the league from a wide position. A match winning player joins, but we regress?

These are clear facts you cannot ignore.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Klopp built a title winning squad in 2 years and got to the CL final in his second season. From 2013 when we bought Mesut Özil Wenger should've been able to create a title winning squad in the 5 years he had after that.

But the fact is he started buying players like Xhaka, Mustafi, Lucas Perez, Chambers and such. Btec players who aren't even Europa league worthy.

The other point would be in the two years you're talking about you need to show signs of pushing hard for a title against the big guns. Which he didn't at all. It was very poor.
Klopp did not build a title winning squad in 2 years ffs. He came 8th, 4th and 4th in his first 3 years. And he didn't win the league until his squad broke into the top 3 for squad investment 2 years after that.

And he didn't have to contend with all those planes flying overhead, boycotts, protests and rants with the team spending 5th, 2 places below him.

Arteta and Emery are spending 5th. How are they doing?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

13/14 - 4th, 79 points
14/15 - 3rd, 75 points
15/16 - 2nd, 71 points

Whatever way you sugar coat it with league position there is no doubt that there's a big regression in point tallies. Which for me is way more important, because year on year to win the title you need your points tally to go UP, not down.

After finishing on 79 points in 13/14 Arsène Wenger spent £107M in the transfer market. £70M of which went on Gabriel, Welbeck, Debuchy, Ospina and Chambers. A quite horrendous window aside from the excellent signing of Alexis.

After spending £107M our point tally went down to 75 points, no big players left the club. And if Sanchez hadn't signed we would've finished on even less points as he contributed to 16 goals and 8 assists in the league from a wide position. A match winning player joins, but we regress?

These are clear facts you cannot ignore.
No they are not clear facts. 2004 to 2014 during the stadium build Wenger average around 73 points. 75 was just above and 71 just below his average, only deviating by less than 3%. And the 2015/16 season he had terrible injury problems. It does not show decline, it shows ridiculous consistency that you don't see at other clubs, and a manager striving to overcome difficulties.

I ask you this. What motive do you have for trying your best to rubbish an exceptional manager in the club you say you are a supporter of? As I've shown you are bending the truth to do this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’ll encourage people not to get into Wenger debates anymore, not relevant anymore. Let’s talk about our owner, current regimes etc.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I’ll encourage people not to get into Wenger debates anymore, not relevant anymore. Let’s talk about our owner, current regimes etc.
Why is there such a driving force for people to slag him off though. What's the motive. Guilt? Just wondering if you could throw any light on it mate.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You don't understand how football works. Simple as. Wenger had the worst injury record in the league, yet the other teams 'downed tools'. lmao.
Not really. I understand football far better and easier than you. I don't feel this weird desperation to prove bullshit theories or rather apparently simple ideas as some sort of great discovery and shove it down people's throat on constant basis for years and years.

You should probably get help honestly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No they are not clear facts. 2004 to 2014 during the stadium build Wenger average around 73 points. 75 was just above and 71 just below his average, only deviating by less than 3%. And the 2015/16 season he had terrible injury problems. It does not show decline, it shows ridiculous consistency that you don't see at other clubs, and a manager striving to overcome difficulties.

I ask you this. What motive do you have for trying your best to rubbish an exceptional manager in the club you say you are a supporter of? As I've shown you are bending the truth to do this.

The issue with you is you do not take any notice of very valid points. I've just said to you that after getting 79 points Wenger spent £107M and we started LOSING POINTS. Why is that? If he was such an elite manager towards the end of his tenure? Alexis Sanchez was bailing him out left right and centre after he joined.

I don't have a motive, I clearly said to you that what Wenger did between 2004-2014 was quite incredible. Nobody can really argue with that. I'm not bending the truth either. i've given you straight factual evidence of the decline after 2014 after we started spending good amounts of money.

Just answer the question.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why is there such a driving force for people to slag him off though. What's the motive. Guilt? Just wondering if you could throw any light on it mate.

Probably because of pillocks like you sidestepping facts from fellow fans and beating this very odd drum. Every thread I go into you harp on about Wenger and net spend, its so boring.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not really. I understand football far better and easier than you. I don't feel this weird desperation to prove bullshit theories or rather apparently simple ideas as some sort of great discovery and shove it down people's throat on constant basis for years and years.

You should probably get help honestly.
Here's another one. Both aggressive and desperate to big up managers from other clubs and disparage our own. A boaster too! :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Probably because of pillocks like you sidestepping facts from fellow fans and beating this very odd drum. Every thread I go into you harp on about Wenger and net spend, its so boring.
Pillock? OK we're onto insults now. That's it :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Neuroses in fanaticism is rather common.
I'm an 3rd generation Arsenal supporter, who went to Highbury as a kid with my dad. I love Arsène Wenger and think he was an amazing manager and a quality human being. And yes I hate the injustice of people making up stuff, just to disparage him. If that's fanaticism, I'm guilty. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom