• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I just don't understand why anyone rated him in the first place, think it was just forcing themselves to cos of his price tag. But all those shots when he's in front of goal and just boots it to row Z? Wtf is that about?

I remember watching an Iwobi compilation and he would have got so many more assists if it wasn't for this useless guy either losing the ball or booting it so far.

This era of Laca, Mustafi, Xhaka etc has been brutal even with the FA Cup wins.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I just don't understand why anyone rated him in the first place, think it was just forcing themselves to cos of his price tag. But all those shots when he's in front of goal and just boots it to row Z? Wtf is that about?

I remember watching an Iwobi compilation and he would have got so many more assists if it wasn't for this useless guy either losing the ball or booting it so far.

This era of Laca, Mustafi, Xhaka etc has been brutal even with the FA Cup wins.

He was a perceived big game player. In spite of the fact he missed chances in big games in his first season like vs United, Chelsea, late in the NLD to get a draw, missed a few chances vs Atletico. But still for some reason he had a reputation for being a big game player. Granted he scored a few important goals but there's just as many if not far more big games where he went completely missing or bottled the chances he got. He's mid-table standard, if he was playing for Newcastle or West Ham you would even think much of him. You'd lump him in with the likes of Maupay, Antonio, Wilson, etc. But because he cost 55 million, because he's played for Arsenal for so long now, people will try and kid themselves about his actual level.

He's simply a constant reminder of the failure of our transfers during that period, wasting so much money on transfer fees and wages.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rumours that we had a chance to sign him for €35m the season before and Wenger wasn't keen. I was surprised when we signed him a year later for more. My hope was that we'd found another hidden gem or a real monster waiting to be unleashed. So many said he was good. I wish we'd bought Auba, kept Giroud and moved this fella to Dortmund. Giroud warming the bench looks fitter and faster and would compliment Auba and Pepe much better. I genuinely believe that all our expensive signings from 2016, apart from Auba, were made by the CEO/DOF and not the manager or coach. The almost total failure of every one of them cant be coincidence.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Out of interest, when Arteta finally gets around to dropping Lacazette, starts Aubameyang in the middle and our best and only chance in 90 mins is still a solitary cross from Tierney, which may or may not be a goal..

What are you gonna say then? I’d actually like to know.
@BigPoppaPump @Tir Na Nog @Mrs Bergkamp @Ash10

Tir Na Nog

Out of interest, when Arteta finally gets around to dropping Lacazette, starts Aubameyang in the middle and our best and only chance in 90 mins is still a solitary cross from Tierney, which may or may not be a goal..

Not sure what point you're trying to making, it wasn't trying to excuse our lack of chance creation, it was more that Lacazette is incredibly wasteful. A lot of the clips weren't even from Arteta's time. Not sure Arteta can be blamed for Laca missing loads of chances under Wenger or Emery, as much as you'd like to blame him for it to excuse Laca.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not sure what point you're trying to making, it wasn't trying to excuse our lack of chance creation, it was more that Lacazette is incredibly wasteful. A lot of the clips weren't even from Arteta's time. Not sure Arteta can be blamed for Laca missing loads of chances under Wenger or Emery, as much as you'd like to blame him for it to excuse Laca.
Lol you know what point I’m making and you haven’t even answered my question.

Pepe’s been dropped so you can’t blame him for our league form anymore. Unless you wanna argue that his 15 min cameos are the reason for our L’s (which wouldn’t surprise me tbh).

Willian was performing for Chelsea.

Please tell me what will you say if Lacazette is also dropped and our chance creation and goals scored remain low?

Tir Na Nog

This sums it all up, even tho bizarrely the person who tweeted this is using this poor record as a way to back him.

For £55 million as a striker at a club like Arsenal, to have that sort of record is really really poor.

Tir Na Nog

Lol you know what point I’m making and you haven’t even answered my question.

Pepe’s been dropped so you can’t blame him for our league form anymore. Unless you wanna argue that his 15 min cameos are the reason for our L’s (which wouldn’t surprise me tbh).

Willian was performing for Chelsea.

Please tell me what will you say if Lacazette is also dropped and our chance creation and goals scored remain low?

This isn't about Arteta, most of us have been talking about Lacazette being wasteful over his entire time here. You're absolutely obsessed with making everything into a discussion about how Arteta's failing the attack. Lacazette was failing prior to Arteta and he'll continue to fail. We can talk about it in the Arteta thread or the other thread you felt necessary to create in order to talk about the exact same thing.

Tir Na Nog

That’s great but,

Again this isn't about our chance creation issues which are evident enough, relax fam. We all know we're terrible at creating chances, you don't need to bang the same drum in absolutely every thread.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Again this isn't about our chance creation issues which are evident enough, relax fam. We all know we're terrible at creating chances, you don't need to bang the same drum in absolutely every thread.
I just asked a question who mentioned Arteta? I certainly didn’t.

I don’t recall banging that drum in the Özil, Reiss Nelson, Bellerin, Ceballos, Elneny or Gunnersaurus thread, I’m certainly not the angry one.

Tir Na Nog

I just asked a question who mentioned Arteta? I certainly didn’t.

I don’t recall blaming Arteta in the Özil, Reiss Nelson, Bellerin, Ceballos, Elneny or Gunnersaurus thread, I’m certainly not the angry one.

I don't understand why you started talking about our current chance creation issues. I wasn't talking about Lacazette not taking chances recently, it's more about his overall time here. You then asked what I'd say if we weren't creating chances for Auba which is completely different conversation altogether. I don't get why it's even brought up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't understand why you started talking about our current chance creation issues. I wasn't talking about Lacazette not taking chances recently, it's more about his overall time here. You then asked what I'd say if we weren't creating chances for Auba which is completely different conversation altogether. I don't get why it's even brought up.
Fair enough dude.

BigPoppaPump

I'd be mad we weren't creating enough chances but the silver lining is it would be worse with Lacazette up there. But this isn't going to happen anyway.

You didn't really catch me out with this question like you hoped, I've been saying the same thing about Lacazette for years.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'd be mad we weren't creating enough chances but the silver lining is it would be worse with Lacazette up there. But this isn't going to happen anyway.

You didn't really catch me out with this question like you hoped, I've been saying the same thing about Lacazette for years.
I’ll be honest, your hate is consistent and Mrs Bergie genuinely has had enough. You guys are miserable unless the player is World Class.

I feel like everyone else hates on him to fit in or seem edgy though. None of our forwards are performing, I’m not sure how you could single him out alone when he’s scored the most so far.

BigPoppaPump

I’ll be honest, your hate is consistent and Mrs Bergie genuinely has had enough. You guys are miserable unless the player is World Class.

I feel like everyone else hates on him to fit in or seem edgy though. None of our forwards are performing, I’m not sure how you could single him out alone when he’s scored the most so far.

Sad thing is he's gotten even worse from when I never use to rate him so now I feel kind of sorry for him rather than hate but it comes out every now and again.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I wasn’t trying to catch anybody out anyways it was a genuine question.

People associated with the club are never as bad as some make out. You see it with Wenger, Emery, Giroud etc.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I will probably say damn. I think one of my previous posts suggested using Pepe centrally, not Auba with Nelson wide right. If Arteta keeps playing 5 at and treading the same path as Emery, it won't make any difference who plays there. The real issue is that Laca is deficient in every department to play there and his confidence is shot and always is, because he isn't very good and with hindsight, never has been.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I also meant to add that I don't think Arteta will drop Laca whilst the fans are out of the stadium

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Just to be clear, I don't hate Laca and acknowledge you didn't say I did. I'm just very disappointed as what appears to be a massive outlay (transfer fee is mot Laca's fault) for a player who overall isn't more effective than Giroud. He's scored the most in a dire season performance wise, but unlike Auba and Pepe, I don't see an upside for him at his very best. Auba we know can score for fun and even though I doubt Pepe, I can't deny that if he fires, he'll be great. Laca has never had that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom