• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
Giroud has had a great career, way better than Laca's...how many forwards in our history have had a better career than Giroud though, not too many...he definitely squeezed everything he could out of his time as a football player, you have to respect that.
Exactly hes done the best he could in every team or situation he was.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Exactly hes done the best he could in every team or situation he was.

Really hope he doesn't break Thierry's French goal record, though at this point it's looking 99% likely he will...Olivier Giroud, top scorer in French football history...mental :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Neither Ade nor Giroud became POTS for us. Laca did.

This is a horrendous reach. Firstly Ade and Giroud were competing with the likes of prime RVP, Alexis, Cesc and Cazorla. Laca was competing against?

Secondly it’s an online fan poll. If you saw how volatile opinions are on AM, you’d know how much salt to take that with.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ade at Utd, when we beat them I think, after Cesc assisted him, is one of the great CF performances by a young striker in the PL. Knew then Wenger has found another one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol:

@Macho liked this too.
It’s true though? It’s fashionable to hate on the guy now but he was actually doing well that season.

Ade was better but you were the same guys sh*tting all over him aswell, I had to explain daily why he wasn’t sh*t also.

There’s also posts of me doing the same for Giroud as well, even though I didn’t rate him.

Pretty much whoever our main striker is, it’s the same stuff and same people essentially, unless they are RvP.

You and @BigPoppaPump should check Kronke thread anyways, loads of reading but I reckon you’ll like it though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think when all said is done people will look at Arsenal under Wenger and Arsenal post-wenger and realise that it wasn't a place for forward players to shine.

Giroud v Laca is a comparison that can't really be made as there are so many other variables.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think when all said is done people will look at Arsenal under Wenger and Arsenal post-wenger and realise that it wasn't a place for forward players to shine.

Giroud v Laca is a comparison that can't really be made as there are so many other variables.
A friend of mine said being a striker in Arteta’s team is like being a defender in Wenger’s team I actually couldn’t agree more.

The only thing for me that disproves this is we still don’t know what an Arteta team looks like. This squad isn’t his and maybe players with different skill sets would be able to make more of this current situation work. An argument Laca/Auba/Pepe haters tend to lean on.

I personally think constructing an attack is the hardest thing to do in football, that’s why Wenger should have got more respect than he did. He didn’t use that excuse and stuck to his guns.

Arteta a fledgling manager probably needs to rely on individual brilliance and rigid systems a lot more.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I personally think constructing an attack is the hardest thing to do in football
I realise this now, especially without world class attackers.

Wenger could create attacks out of peanuts (ignoring the latter years to an extent) what he should have done more is relied more on individual brilliance at the back. You’d almost want the board to force a VVD type on him because you know he’d make the attack work even with cheap players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A friend of mine said being a striker in Arteta’s team is like being a defender in Wenger’s team I actually couldn’t agree more.

Didn't Squillaci say something like this when he left...kept saying he was a good defender and was blaming Big Wengz' system and not himself, when he was doing **** like this for us regularly...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Didn't Squillaci say something like this when he left...kept saying he was a good defender and was blaming Big Wengz' system and not himself, when he was doing **** like this for us regularly...

You’re paraphrasing, but yeah he did say being a defender for Arsenal during that period was a traumatic experience.

He didn’t talk himself up at all though, just acknowledged that it came down to one on one defending and confirming Wenger gave the attacking players a lot of license which is well known. The interview here for context.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ays-former-centreback-squillaci-a3226121.html

GDeep™

League is very weak

Said this myself in defence of our attackers. Especially Pepe.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Will this sack of Sh1te start as usual on Sunday? If he does, I've had it with Arteta. I want to see Saka Auba Pepe lead our attack.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Will this sack of Sh1te start as usual on Sunday? If he does, I've had it with Arteta. I want to see Saka Auba Pepe lead our attack.
but they will look like sack's of sh*t also though?

I give this forum 5 mins from kick off before they start calling for Pepe and etc to be benched anyways, I'd rather Arteta started Willian tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom