• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
but they will look like sack's of sh*t also though?

I give this forum 5 mins from kick off before they start calling for Pepe and etc to be benched anyways, I'd rather Arteta started Willian tbh.

We wont know until we try it. Our attack has been poor for a while, we have to try something different and Auba is the best CF at the club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We wont know until we try it. Our attack has been poor for a while, we have to try something different and Auba is the best CF at the club.
What’s Auba gonna do with Tierney crosses though?
Probably more than Laca but not by much he’s also not Giroud.

Relying on Auba to convert our one/two clear cut chances might work against Leeds but it won’t work across the 29 other league matches.

It’s not a personnel problem, we have two strikers (yes including Lacazette) who are capable of tucking away half their chances. If you look at our season so far this is exactly what has happened you can even look this stuff up.

I am aware I am sounding like a broken record nowadays though.

Laca isn’t good enough at the moment anyways, the front 3 does need freshening up I just don’t think it’s the long term answer.

You’ll all be screaming for Pepe to get benched or sold again by the end of this weekend anyways, so all these calls for him to start is amusing to me.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It’s true though? It’s fashionable to hate on the guy now but he was actually doing well that season.

Yeah looks like he's losing the popularity contest now, people think i'm trolling when I saw people like players for other reasons than what they do on the pitch. He's declined physically though so that's probably what turned a lot of people.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn't Squillaci say something like this when he left...kept saying he was a good defender and was blaming Big Wengz' system and not himself, when he was doing **** like this for us regularly...

:lol:
I'm guessing this was before the automatic stoppage for head injuries?:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Said this myself in defence of our attackers. Especially Pepe.
Yeah I won't make a case for someone like Laca but Pepe gives me vibes of someone that would explode under Wenger.
Compare him to guys like Theo and Gervinho, look at the chances and positions they'd get in and it's hard to argue that Pepe wouldn't be hitting 20 goals under a season under Wenger.

akhil

Yeah I won't make a case for someone like Laca but Pepe gives me vibes of someone that would explode under Wenger.
Compare him to guys like Theo and Gervinho, look at the chances and positions they'd get in and it's hard to argue that Pepe wouldn't be hitting 20 goals under a season under Wenger.

Wenger would've moved Pepe upfront by now. He's already more mobile and stronger than Laca. Probably better back to goal as well.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It’s not a personnel problem, we have two strikers (yes including Lacazette) who are capable of tucking away half their chances. If you look at our season so far this is exactly what has happened you can even look this stuff up.

Pretty much this. I am a strong proponent for Auba up front but hand on heart, him playing there or us switching to four at the back won't make much difference if we don't change the way we're actually attacking.

We're too slow and cautious in build up, move it to the wings too early and don't look to get our wide and most talented players into dangerous areas enough.

In short we're a disaster when we attack. If that's sorted Laca probably looks a lot better.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah looks like he's losing the popularity contest now, people think i'm trolling when I saw people like players for other reasons than what they do on the pitch. He's declined physically though so that's probably what turned a lot of people.

I dont understand this declined physically argument people seem to make. He has always been a slug and has always tired after 60 odd minutes.

Wenger used to take him off all the time because of this.

sdotzdot

Established Member
He’s been absolutely disgraceful the past few games, honestly the worst he’s ever been.

All the focus was on Willian but he should be ashamed, he should be no where near the starting spot anymore, he’s had chance upon chance and fails to deliver.

Keep Auba up top like today, or start Nketiah. I don’t want to see him anywhere near the starting team in the PL again.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Out of interest, when Arteta finally gets around to dropping Lacazette, starts Aubameyang in the middle and our best and only chance in 90 mins is still a solitary cross from Tierney, which may or may not be a goal..

What are you gonna say then? I’d actually like to know.

200.gif

Serious question though, do we have a prob?

Reactions: A_G

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Lowkey Lacazette’s stock has gone up just a notch. Still a God awful striker but at least those accusations that he’s the reason our attack is so bad can be laid to rest. He’s terrible and he should be moved on but things aren’t going to drastically improve until we have a serious look at ourselves.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Remember when he went on that really bad no goal run and Aubameyang had to donate him a penalty :lol: can't believe you lot rated him back then.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Remember when he went on that really bad no goal run and Aubameyang had to donate him a penalty :lol: can't believe you lot rated him back then.
It wasn't a "really bad no goal run". He was out for nearly two months after a knee operation, and Auba gave him a penalty in his first game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom