• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
You’ll simply be ignored or told that the vice-president isn’t the president and his word shouldn’t be taken as gospel.
@GDeep™ trying to process those figures:

73-F559-FE-7597-4064-A540-C0797-D8-C52-E9.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’ll simply be ignored or told that the vice-president isn’t the president and his word shouldn’t be taken as gospel.
It’s still an expensive deal, loan fee, that transfer fee and the 4 year contract. For a 27 year old who has done nothing in Europe.

Just like Willian and Cedric are expensive deals for free deals.

Why doesn’t nobody talk about the Amy Lawrence article on Luiz though? Or Raul the criminal getting pushed out?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s still an expensive deal, loan fee, that transfer fee and the 4 year contract. For a 27 year old who has done nothing in Europe.

Why doesn’t nobody talk about the Amy Lawrence article on Luiz though? Or Raul the criminal getting pushed out?

I talk about crooked Raul all the time. The Luiz deal was a rip off. This however looks to be not bad now.

It's ok to be wrong based on wrong information, just accept it. This is not an expensive deal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As a back up the jury is still out on if he’s a crap player.

As things stand we know he’s cheap so that’s one thing we can tick off. Next step is to see how good/bad he is before calling him a crap transfer.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Remember Amy Laurence posted that rubbish that Luiz had costed 30m for 1 season and the usual suspects fell for it?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Shock horror!

Almost like @GDeep™ and his merry band of ****s had no idea what they were talking about again.
They actually don’t know what they are talking about and repeatedly state things as facts.

People actually take it on board too instead of looking into things themselves.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll admit this is a bit in the past but I'll ask anyway, is Mari now a permanent player or still just another loaned player for this year? How many years if he's permanent?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Terrible signing. TERRIBLE!

8 defenders at the club... This signing made zero sense.
There was concern about the situation regarding David Luiz’s signing a contract extension. It is understood that the player had only wanted to leave Chelsea for a two-year deal. At the time, Arsenal were not thought to be in a position to offer him that, so they proposed one year with an option of an additional 12 months. However, Luiz is thought to have been assured of the second year. For some at Arsenal, the option was not known to be quite such a formality, leading to some very tense conversations culminating in Luiz’s post-match interview after the defeat at Manchester City on June 17. “I should have taken a different decision in the last two months but I didn’t,” he told Sky Sports. “All about my contract, if I stay here or not. I have 14 days to be here and that’s it. I should have tried to decide my future as early as possible, but I didn’t.”

There was a similar degree of confusion surrounding the January deals for Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares. These were ostensibly loans, but there has been conjecture within the club about whether they were struck with the clear intention of being turned into permanent transfers, with similar assurances made to the players. In each instance, the owners backed their executives and went through with the deals — but it did begin to raise questions. There were also rumblings of discontent over the degree to which agent Kia Joorabchian felt able to comment on Arsenal’s inner workings in the media.

We were getting them in on loan and telling the players in question before KSE that we were going to make them permanent.

I believe Willian will be last of the KIA boys cause none have been amazing, Luiz has been ok at best.

Saying that, we’ve seen too little of Mari to suggest he’s bad. The only thing that suggests he’s not great is his age and the amount of time he’s spent outside of Europe. He’s rated highly over at Brazil though (maybe someone can confirm?)

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saying that, we’ve seen too little of Mari to suggest he’s bad. The only thing that suggests he’s not great is his age and the amount of time he’s spent outside of Europe. He’s rated highly over at Brazil though (maybe someone can confirm?)

Pablo has Tim Vickery's backing at least, and he's a highly respected journalist on Brazilian football...in Arteta's low block Mari might not be the worst option to have, as that will stop his lack of pace being a massive issue.

Still a weird signing though, it really felt like it should have been him or Luiz and not both of them getting new deals...plus with Gabriel being signed, I really don't see were Pablo fits in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom