• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going overboard is saying Arteta Out.

What's not going overboard is judging his team selections, subs and overall performance to date and saying I dont think it's good enough.

And if we get beat by Leeds today and have a first 9 games with 5 loses and 4 wins what kind of progress would that be showing?

Team selections? Only thing I dislike is Laca playing ahead of Pepe. Other than that he's dropped xhaka from the team which most people wanted and is utilising what he has at his disposal. We play 433 when we attack which is what everyone wants as well.

You're misguided.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wenger bought Özil when we had Cazorla, Rosicky, Wilshere and Ramsey. I swear one of the biggest complaints about Wenger is that he'd bring in players in areas that we were already strong in while neglecting other areas.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wenger bought Özil when we had Cazorla, Rosicky, Wilshere and Ramsey. I swear one of the biggest complaints about Wenger is that he'd bring in players in areas that we were already strong in while neglecting other areas.

Yeah thats what he did. But Arteta hasn't done that so far. He bought Willian whilst massively bolstering our defence and midfield with Gabriel and Partey?

If Arteta could im sure he would've got a creative mid as well but you cant fix everything in one window. Wenger was sensationally poor in the market.

Tir Na Nog

Yeah thats what he did. But Arteta hasn't done that so far. He bought Willian whilst massively bolstering our defence and midfield with Gabriel and Partey?

If Arteta could im sure he would've got a creative mid as well but you cant fix everything in one window. Wenger was sensationally poor in the market.

We definitely needed another wide player/forward I don't think people can question that. We left ourselves massively short in that regard last season after selling Iwobi without a replacement.

I'd go along with the rest, we signed players that we needed, I don't think we can really criticise Arteta in that regard at all.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We definitely needed another wide player/forward I don't think people can question that. We left ourselves massively short in that regard last season after selling Iwobi without a replacement.

I'd go along with the rest, we signed players that we needed, I don't think we can really criticise Arteta in that regard at all.

A wide man/striker, creative midfielder in the next year and he would've fixed all problems in two windows.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wenger brought Sagna when everyone thought Eboue was going to be the best right back in the world........... he brought Auba after buying Laca and didn't want to play both of them together. You are vastly underestimating Wenger if you think he's a fanboy who doesn't make difficult squad decisions. He is slow to make them but he would have when necessary.
If you see Auba, you buy him. If you see (the present version of)Willian, you walk the other way.

He sold OG when we bought Auba, so you cannot accuse him of keeping a better player on the bench while playing an inferior player.

He said himself that if you have a deal like an Auba, Özil or Alexis, you take it.

Edit: Eboue was a crackpot. You wouldn't expect anyone to count on Eoue.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Team selections? Only thing I dislike is Laca playing ahead of Pepe. Other than that he's dropped xhaka from the team which most people wanted and is utilising what he has at his disposal. We play 433 when we attack which is what everyone wants as well.

You're misguided.

Nope not misguided at all. You believe that everything you think is correct and anyone who challenges that or disagrees is wrong.

If your saying Pepe instead of Laca who's playing CF? Auba or Pepe?

Tir Na Nog

If you see Auba, you buy him. If you see (the present version of)Willian, you walk the other way.

He sold OG when we bought Auba, so you cannot accuse him of keeping a better player on the bench while playing an inferior player.

He said himself that if you have a deal like an Auba, Özil or Alexis, you take it.

We brought back an aging Flamini and kept him for 3 seasons and he was pretty much useless for all those seasons. Arteta was already 31 at the time too. Only for the emergence of Coquelin half-way through we could have been massively stuck in that area because of the signing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He probably had very little choice anyway. Also, not havig Özil has contributed a lot to Willian's bad performances.

But would you play Wliian over Pepe, though?

Tir Na Nog

He probably had very little choice anyway. Also, not havig Özil has contributed a lot to Willian's bad performances.

But would you play Wliian over Pepe, though?

I've not seen a lot from Pepe to warrant him starting in recent times tbh. Personally I'd go with Willian-Auba-Pepe but I'm not a manager. Also Willian is a different profile of player to Pepe in any case so in a tactical sense you'd have different reasons for playing either player. Pepe is purely end product, Willian is a bit more involved in the phase before you get to the final pass or the shot.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nope not misguided at all. You believe that everything you think is correct and anyone who challenges that or disagrees is wrong.

If your saying Pepe instead of Laca who's playing CF? Auba or Pepe?

Auba obviously. Willian - Auba - Pepe would be fine for example. But the rest of the team Arteta is picking well. You cant deny that...

scytheavatar

Established Member

Yet we brought Mkhitaryan under Wenger........... and it is debatable if Mkhitaryan is ever a better player than Willian.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So your saying that you think Arteta is playing Auba in the wrong position?

I dont think hes playing him in the wrong position I just think Lacazette and Eddie are both abysmal for Arsenal. So naturally you must play Auba CF. Which then naturally allows Pepe to play.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yet we brought Mkhitaryan under Wenger........... and it is debatable if Mkhitaryan is ever a better player than Willian.
he was forced onto us. He had a stellar record just a season ago with Dortmund.

We brought back an aging Flamini and kept him for 3 seasons and he was pretty much useless for all those seasons. Arteta was already 31 at the time too. Only for the emergence of Coquelin half-way through we could have been massively stuck in that area because of the signing.
Flamini was not a complete dud. He was barely 30 years when he returned IIRC. He started every game basically until his last season with us. Even then he scored against Sp**s.

Arteta had converted to a DM by that time, and speed wasn't really his thing.

Reiss Nelson was starting regularly for Wenger before his loan. Even Frimpong played a fair few games.

In short, Wenger used the players he had. Which is where i am concerned about Arteta.

I've not seen a lot from Pepe to warrant him starting in recent times tbh. Personally I'd go with Willian-Auba-Pepe but I'm not a manager. Also Willian is a different profile of player to Pepe in any case so in a tactical sense you'd have different reasons for playing either player. Pepe is purely end product, Willian is a bit more involved in the phase before you get to the final pass or the shot.
Pepe has scored, Willian hasn't. If you can give Willian 7 -8 starts in the first team, I would think Nelson deserves at least 1.

By your own comparison, Willian role is to mentor the young guys, and occasionally start.

I am not trying to bash Arteta, but you cannot ignore so many clear indications that the selections and formations have not been helping the team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I dont think hes playing him in the wrong position I just think Lacazette and Eddie are both abysmal for Arsenal. So naturally you must play Auba CF. Which then naturally allows Pepe to play.

I would play Auba striker but Arteta looks too proud to change. I think he will go Auba Laca and Pepe. I want to put Auba through the middle.

Also I dont see how Arteta can choose Willian today. He basically went on holiday during a pandemic which is stupid. Theres no genuine reason why he goes to Dubai othet than to have fun. Not professional in my opinion.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I would play Auba striker but Arteta looks too proud to change. I think he will go Auba Laca and Pepe. I want to put Auba through the middle.

Also I dont see how Arteta can choose Willian today. He basically went on holiday during a pandemic which is stupid. Theres no genuine reason why he goes to Dubai othet than to have fun. Not professional in my opinion.

Or relax in a warm country...?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That I agree with. I'm sort of defending Emery. Mainly because as a Brit I moved to spain and seen the difficulties communicating. I think he was an honest hardworking manager but just couldnt inspire the players.

I don't think Emery was ever going to be suitable for the Premier League and his communications skills were obviously an issue to some degree but he's a good manager for a Spanish club and a decent guy.

The way the media and supposedly elements of the squad made fun of his English language skills was a disgrace as far as I'm concerned.

Fans were as bad. Spanish people struggling to pronounce the letter V in English shouldn't be funny to anyone over 5 years of age.

Takes a lot of guts to come out and do press briefings in a language you're only just learning. I wouldn't have the balls to do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom