• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: Dream signing or NightMari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tim Vickery is a legend, used to listen to his BBC radio football show years ago at like 2AM or something ffs, when I was a football nerd.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We were getting them in on loan and telling the players in question before KSE that we were going to make them permanent.

I believe Willian will be last of the KIA boys cause none have been amazing, Luiz has been ok at best.

Saying that, we’ve seen too little of Mari to suggest he’s bad. The only thing that suggests he’s not great is his age and the amount of time he’s spent outside of Europe. He’s rated highly over at Brazil though (maybe someone can confirm?)

It was obviously a scam signing by Raul and Kia, we sign a new CB every window where will this guy fit in when he returns? It's a mess.

I don't get why guys were going so hard for him in this thread, it's like just cos a few guys didn't rate him others felt they had to go extra hard in convincing us it's a good signing.

say yes

forum master baiter
I can’t take anyone seriously who says he’s a great or awful signing at this point. We’ve not seen anywhere near enough of him.

At the moment all one can really say is that he’s dirt cheap and fits the profile Arteta wanted in defence. Conclusions as to his quality will have to wait until he actually plays for us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I can’t take anyone seriously who says he’s a great or awful signing at this point. We’ve not seen anywhere near enough of him.

At the moment all one can really say is that he’s dirt cheap and fits the profile Arteta wanted in defence. Conclusions as to his quality will have to wait until he actually plays for us.

Have a feeling that's going to be very little, which could be fine if he's not a total trainwreck.

He was cheap and would likely just play backup to Gabriel or Tierney on the LCB ball playing position.

Saliba is a much more worrysome use of money, given he's fit and not even registered.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arteta worked with him at City. This is not simply a Kia, brown paper bag signing. Good back up for Gabriel, but I don't see how the two play together unless we keep the back 3.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Must have seen this terrible defender play against City. He was about to be getting trared apart by City before his injury. Lucky fellah.

Yeah, he really didn't look very good on first glance. Massive lack of pace and was loosing the runs of the City players constantly.

This signing made no sense at the time and makes no sense now. Its just more deadwood occupying NHG spots in the squad.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nice game today. Good to see him back and a nice header for one of the goals. Very encouraging that we have him coming back. With him, Gabriel and Holding we finally have some taller CBs that can head balls in the box and on long balls.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he done well this is his first competitive game for a while there were many misplaced passing at 1st half. he could be useful squad option.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hr had a steady game and seems a playmaker like Luiz but no as good. There was a moment where his lack of pace was really evident but he didn't really get exposed tonight. For £4m, he's not bad but we're awash with lesser players and he's one I'd move on if he doesn't hit beast mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom