• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leeds United v Arsenal | November 22 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
People won't like this but Willian has to play imo. He is the one of the only players that can play between the lines. Id go Saka-Willian-Pepe behind Auba, although its likely Saka will get a rest. If that's the case, Nelson/Eddie should come in.

Both Pepe and Willian need players to combine with, they don't do well when they're isolated. Want to see both playing.

Think we will bounce back, its been the story of our season.
If it's him as a number 10 of sorts then yes, it could be good, like for that brief period versus Sheffield.

Mohamed7

If I see another 5 at the back, Elneny and Partley, I am done.

Arteta is turning into an extremely negative coach.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has to is a very, very strong word. If we need Willian to play the way we do and the way we're playing isn't working, then we need to adjust the way we play.

What does this phrase mean?

Are the guys above Arteta going to ask him about his team selection and tell him who to pick? No, we're Arsenal not Real Madrid and most of them don't have a clue about football anyway.

Is it January, where asking questions will allow a discussion on purchasing new players? No

What questions could possibly be asked at this stage that will change our season?

It is, but I stand by it. Who else can play between the lines? Our best spell of football in the league came against Shef U where Willian played more centrally and could combine with Pepe and Saka in particular.

When he is stuck out on the right he is far to isolated, especially with Lacazette at 9.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well, looks like there’s going to be a lot of pissed off people when Willian is named in the 11.

What are the alternatives? Who else can play between the lines?

In an ideal world Willian is a squad player, but he is the only player in the squad that can play this role.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

So after this we have wolves, then the lily white cocks. Losing to Leeds could mean an unprecedented losing streak. Must win today.

Olivier_Giroud

This is the game where everything unravels. The game where we will be officially this premier league season's laughing stock; now that Man Utd has been winning lately under Ole.

'I know a lot about his methods!': Mikel Arteta hopes his secret dossier on Marcelo Bielsa can lead Arsenal back to winning ways against Leeds

Expect a 6 - 1 bollocking from Leeds.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What are the alternatives? Who else can play between the lines?

In an ideal world Willian is a squad player, but he is the only player in the squad that can play this role.
Since Fulham I haven’t seen him play between the lines, on the lines, under the lines or even know his lines.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since Fulham I’ve seen him play between the lines, on the lines, under the lines or even know his lines.

Hes been stuck out on the right basically every game other than the second half against Sheffield United where he actually played quite well.

He's been underwhelming (as all of our forwards have been) but we are not setting up to get the best out of him.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Leno
Bellerin
Luiz
Gabriel
Tierney
Partey
Xhaka
Ceballos
Willian
Aubameyang
Saka

Hopefully.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
This is the game where everything unravels. The game where we will be officially this premier league season's laughing stock; now that Man Utd has been winning lately under Ole.

'I know a lot about his methods!': Mikel Arteta hopes his secret dossier on Marcelo Bielsa can lead Arsenal back to winning ways against Leeds

Expect a 6 - 1 bollocking from Leeds.
seriously arteta needs to just zip it and focus on playing. He seems to think everyone is hanging on to hear his words of wisdom.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arteta has no identity. Ffs...stop talking about how the opposing team will play, and figure out a dominating style of play that we do. Let other teams try to change their normal tactics vs us changing ours to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom