• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
In my opinion its probably the 7th best when you consider everything, which is where we will probably finish give ot take a place.

So basically we wont have improved. That doesnt bode well. Klopp was able to improve team little by little.

He had the team he was left. Made a few signings. Improved. Made a few more. Improved again. Made a few more improved. You could argue it wasnt until he had Van Dijk and Allison that his building was complete. However they were playing CL football long before signing those 2.

Arteta doesnt have 3-4 transfer windows to improve us. Hes had 2. That needs to start happening. We are not asking for top 4. We are asking to be at least top 6 with improvements in performance. We are currently 11th, playing some of the worst football I have witnessed and those players who are better than what they are showing look lost. Who's job is to improve that? 5 new players? Nope. That's on the manager.

Manberg

Predator
I predicted top 6 at the start of the season and I see no reason why we can’t achieve it. Top 6 would be progress.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I predicted top 6 at the start of the season and I see no reason why we can’t achieve it. Top 6 would be progress.

What do you see that makes you think we will get top 6.

Where has the progress been from where we were say 1 year ago?

Manberg

Predator
What do you see that makes you think we will get top 6.

Where has the progress been from where we were say 1 year ago?

Too early to judge this season’s league form. We’ve had tough fixtures. Things have been up and down. We’ve been pretty unlucky too. If Pepe didn’t do what he did we win today in my opinion.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So basically we wont have improved. That doesnt bode well. Klopp was able to improve team little by little.

He had the team he was left. Made a few signings. Improved. Made a few more. Improved again. Made a few more improved. You could argue it wasnt until he had Van Dijk and Allison that his building was complete. However they were playing CL football long before signing those 2.

Arteta doesnt have 3-4 transfer windows to improve us. Hes had 2. That needs to start happening. We are not asking for top 4. We are asking to be at least top 6 with improvements in performance. We are currently 11th, playing some of the worst football I have witnessed and those players who are better than what they are showing look lost. Who's job is to improve that? 5 new players? Nope. That's on the manager.

Look I have reservations about Arteta, but we are 9 games into a season in which we have played 3 of the top 6 away as well Leicester at home. We aren't going to away to those sides and play expansive football. We played well in the Leicester game as well I thought, had a goal wrongly disallowed as well as our center forward missing sitters. Villa and today was bad.

Klopp is a generational manager that was backed with quality players over a period of 3 years, as you say. Arteta hasn't had that yet.

I'm not advocating blind faith in Arteta, but wanting him gone at this stage is very reactionary imo.

Blaziken

Look I have reservations about Arteta, but we are 9 games into a season in which we have played 3 of the top 6 away as well Leicester at home. We aren't going to away to those sides and play expansive football. We played well in the Leicester game as well I thought, had a goal wrongly disallowed as well as our center forward missing sitters. Villa and today was bad.

Klopp is a generational manager that was backed with quality players over a period of 3 years, as you say. Arteta hasn't had that yet.

I'm not advocating blind faith in Arteta, but wanting him gone at this stage is very reactionary imo.
no its not

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Too early to judge this season’s league form. We’ve had tough fixtures. Things have been up and down. We’ve been pretty unlucky too. If Pepe didn’t do what he did we win today in my opinion.

But what have you seen so far in these 9 games that indicates we are progressing? Wheres the bright points? The positives?

Manberg

Predator
But what have you seen so far in these 9 games that indicates we are progressing? Wheres the bright points? The positives?

Aside from Aston Villa, the improvement in defence is very encouraging. It’s a good foundation to start with. Building on it is going to take time. I’m talking multiple transfer windows and financial backing, not a few weeks.

As you saw today with the change of formation, tactics and shifting Auba around, there is no magical fix.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Away from home counts for nothing this season. We cant say oh we had x or y away from home. 44% or thereabouts of wins have came away from home. So it isnt a disadvantage.

Klopp made improvements year on year. In his first full season he got top 4. That would be like Arteta getting it this season. Maybe now the league is more competitive so we can say 6th would be ok. But we are miles of 6th. And going the wrong direction.

What I am looking for is where there is progress. What individual player has improved under Arteta. What is Artetas plan? Possession football? Counter attack? Where is he going. Back 5s back 4s. Fullbacks cutting in. Wide players stuck on the chalk. I dont see an identity.

In his report he said he sees Auba as a wide left forward. If so why play him through the centre today? If he truly believes Auba is better wide stick to your guns. It appears hes just chopping and changing and hasnt really an idea and the result show that.

Manberg

Predator
Fans were crying for Arteta to start Auba centrally because fans thinks they know best. Not giving in to fans demands is something I’m happy for him to learn about on the job.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Aside from Aston Villa, the improvement in defence is very encouraging. It’s a good foundation to start with. Building on it is going to take time. I’m talking multiple transfer windows and financial backing, not a few weeks.

As you saw today with the change of formation, tactics and shifting Auba around, there is no magical fix.

But is the defence improving at the expense of attack? Anyone can improve a defence if all you tell your team to do is defend. There is no surprise that our creation has become non existent since the defence has looked better.

It's like playing 3 striker and 3 creative midfielders and telling them just attack like crazy. Your gonna score goals but concede them. If Arteta cant improve the defence and still have us able to create something that is worrying.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Away from home counts for nothing this season. We cant say oh we had x or y away from home. 44% or thereabouts of wins have came away from home. So it isnt a disadvantage.

Klopp made improvements year on year. In his first full season he got top 4. That would be like Arteta getting it this season. Maybe now the league is more competitive so we can say 6th would be ok. But we are miles of 6th. And going the wrong direction.

What I am looking for is where there is progress. What individual player has improved under Arteta. What is Artetas plan? Possession football? Counter attack? Where is he going. Back 5s back 4s. Fullbacks cutting in. Wide players stuck on the chalk. I dont see an identity.

In his report he said he sees Auba as a wide left forward. If so why play him through the centre today? If he truly believes Auba is better wide stick to your guns. It appears hes just chopping and changing and hasnt really an idea and the result show that.

Fine, even still we have played 4 teams that finished miles ahead of us last season.

Klopp had a front 3 of Mane,Firmino and coutinho after a season with Henderson and Wijndum in midfield. They had far superior attacking players compared to what we have now.

I'd say Holding, Xhaka, ElNeny, Ceballos, Saka have all improved under Arteta.

Manberg

Predator
But is the defence improving at the expense of attack? Anyone can improve a defence if all you tell your team to do is defend. There is no surprise that our creation has become non existent since the defence has looked better.

It's like playing 3 striker and 3 creative midfielders and telling them just attack like crazy. Your gonna score goals but concede them. If Arteta cant improve the defence and still have us able to create something that is worrying.

I disagree. If defending was as simple as sitting back then we would have been a lot more successful under Wenger and not failed to win so many times from being in winning positions.

The improvement in defence starts in the training ground and learning through video analysis.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fans were crying for Arteta to start Auba centrally because fans thinks they know best. Not giving in to fans demands is something I’m happy for him to learn about on the job.

I'm happy with Auba central but if your not allowing your creative players to actually attack and leave their defensive responsibilities to defensive players how is anything gonna change.

Manberg

Predator
I'm happy with Auba central but if your not allowing your creative players to actually attack and leave their defensive responsibilities to defensive players how is anything gonna change.

All creative players must defend. Watch Liverpool and tell me that Salah or Mane don’t drop back like Auba is doing. I watched Sp**s yesterday. Son spent most of the game defending close to his own box.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fine, even still we have played 4 teams that finished miles ahead of us last season.

Klopp had a front 3 of Mane,Firmino and coutinho after a season with Henderson and Wijndum in midfield. They had far superior attacking players compared to what we have now.

I'd say Holding, Xhaka, ElNeny, Ceballos, Saka have all improved under Arteta.

How have Xhaka and Ceballos improved? They're on the bench normally. Saka has improved but how much of that is down to Arteta and how much natural development at 18-19. Holding does look better. But in general we are poor. Its poor ugly depressing football and Emery.

Artetas supporters are good saying now are squad isnt good enough but the same fans where saying that we should be able to challenge for top 4 maybe missing out narrowly at the start of the season. Now their tune has changed.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
All creative players must defend. Watch Liverpool and tell me that Salah or Mane don’t drop back like Auba is doing. I watched Sp**s yesterday. Son spent most of the game defending close to his own box.

Yes of course they have to but when they attack they attack. They dont attack with the handbrake on. Worried about having to run back 40 yards after.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom