• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its strange because Arteta's shape is meant to compliment our team and hide its weaknesses but our two best strikers have to play wide left in his system. Also, people like Tierney, Saka and Pepe either have to play out of position or dont get enough game time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Its strange because Arteta's shape is meant to compliment our team and hide its weaknesses but our two best strikers have to play wide left in his system. Also, people like Tierney, Saka and Pepe either have to play out of position or dont get enough game time.
Think the only players it’s complimenting right now are the defenders. Bellerin looks as good as he’s ever been (although that might just be him shaking off the injury) and Tierney/Saka were benefiting from the left wing overloads before teams clocked on to that.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was only a brief period until he got injured in training. You can’t say “Arteta doesn’t fancy Martinelli” based on that.
Well, when everyone was fully fit, Arteta didn't start Martinelli. So it's safe to say Arteta doesn't fancy him. Not as much as much as the likes of Nketiah at least.

He's arguably our second best attacker but his unpredictability is the antithesis of what Arteta is trying to implement.

Manberg

Predator
Well, when everyone was fully fit, Arteta didn't start Martinelli. So it's safe to say Arteta doesn't fancy him. Not as much as much as the likes of Nketiah at least.

He's arguably our second best attacker but his unpredictability is the antithesis of what Arteta is trying to implement.

Again, small sample size of games.

Edit: Auba’s first game back was Burnley and Arteta started a front three of Auba, Laca and Martinelli. He played 90 minutes. It was a 0-0 draw.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
When Auba returned he was dropped and Nketiah was starting games.

After Auba got a red against Palace he started the next 3 games. Scoring in 2 of them, including that solo goal from inside his own half against Chelsea. He didn't get a minute of game time in the league after that for a month, which included 5 PL games, where he just sat on the bench.

Manberg

Predator
After Auba got a red against Palace he started the next 3 games. Scoring in 2 of them, including that solo goal from inside his own half against Chelsea. He didn't get a minute of game time in the league after that for a month, which included 5 PL games, where he just sat on the bench.

@Oxeki

burnley-v-arsenal--premier-league-matchday-25--02-01-2020---official-line-ups--besoccer.png

After Auba's suspension. Martinelli played the full match. Game finished 0-0.
Martinelli also started the first leg against Olympiakos.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
@Oxeki

burnley-v-arsenal--premier-league-matchday-25--02-01-2020---official-line-ups--besoccer.png

After Auba's suspension. Martinelli played the full match. Game finished 0-0.
Martinelli also started the first leg against Olympiakos.

The Burnley game was included in the 3 games I said he started. Scoring 2 goals. After that he didn't get a single minute in the league, not even getting off the bench. He did get 58 minutes in the first leg against olympiakos but by then it was clear Arteta somehow didn't trust him as he should have. Likes of Nketiah were clearly rated higher by him.

Manberg

Predator
The Burnley game was included in the 3 games I said he started. Scoring 2 goals. After that he didn't get a single minute in the league, not even getting off the bench. He did get 58 minutes in the first leg against olympiakos but by then it was clear Arteta somehow didn't trust him as he should have. Likes of Nketiah were clearly rated higher by him.

He played the full 90 of the FA Cup tie against Portsmouth. In the league he was named on the bench. We only had 3 league games after Burnley. It wasn't a huge amount of games that it looked like Martinelli was dropped for Nketiah. Besides, he wasn't dropped for Nketiah. Arteta used Martinelli on either the left or right wing, because Martinelli's not a striker. Emery used Martinelli on the left too.

Arteta likes Martinelli. When fit (likely to be in January), he will return to the squad.

Multipass

No one is saying he is already a star but he has that Suarez style tenacity coupled with speed that no one else in our forward three has. Us fans are a predictable bunch. Win or lose we want to see the effort until the final whistle. I don’t care if we are 3-0 down with two minutes to go, I want to see you chase, close down the defender and keeper with the ball and put in your all. That’s what this boy has. That’s why we get so frustrated at the privileged academy products that believe their own hype and think they've done enough in their career but making it to the first europa team.
Looking forward to his return.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Zero hold up ability in that front three

I feel we are better at counter attacking anyway, so I like it...can't quite decide what the rest of the team/formation should be behind it though.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I feel we are better at counter attacking anyway, so I like it...can't quite decide what the rest of the team/formation should be behind it though.

You still need hold up ability even when counter attacking. No good counter attacking team goes simply straight behind the lines ffs! Might as well hire Steve Bruce as our manager if that's what you're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom