• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's done under Mikel, there's no point wondering if he can do it here he's just not.

I wouldn't be against selling him but it's a shame as he's just a baby in midfield years.

His attitude seems like too much of a barrier though and I'd actually give it time in Hertha before we start pining for him again, he started very strongly here too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's done under Mikel, there's no point wondering if he can do it here he's just not.

I wouldn't be against selling him but it's a shame as he's just a baby in midfield years.

His attitude seems like too much of a barrier though and I'd actually give it time in Hertha before we start pining for him again, he started very strongly here too.
Nothing is done this loan was needed his attitude was awful Germany are very good educating young players if it's didn't work then there no hopes on him he'll be new balotelli

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nothing is done this loan was needed his attitude was awful Germany are very good educating young players if it's didn't work then there no hopes on him he'll be new balotelli
Nah, pretty sure he's done here mate. Feel free to pull up this post if he returns and plays for us though, but yeah he's Özil tier for sure.

I think a few others will follow him too tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nah, pretty sure he's done here mate. Feel free to pull up this post if he returns and plays for us though, but yeah he's Özil tier for sure.

I think a few others will follow him too tbh.
I think the situation is different than mesut i hope if he have good loan he'll force Artera to give him another chance

GDeep™

League is very weak
@Macho is right, he’s done here. Where we might disagree is why, others might question his ability or attitude but I think he’s done here because he didn’t get on his knees to Arteta.

Clearly a great young player with a phenomenal attitude. He fights for the shirt.

His face doesn’t fit though, so must be sold.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
France U21 captain too. That’s a big accomplishment, the French youth ranks are no joke.

Arteta thought let's make an example. And maybe it was justifiable and maybe it wasnt we will never know. What we do know is Guendouzi is talented. That isnt in question. And sometimes talented players need a different form of tough love.

What i do know is we bought a player for 8m who was at one point worth 30-35m. Who despite not setting the world alight played over 50 games for the club. You dont play 50 games for a PL club if you are complete rubbish. Especially at 19/20. That said player will if we are lucky fetch us 10m. That in itself is poor management.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So what happens if Douzi does have an amazing season? Does Arteta beg him to sign a new contract or we're gonna lose him for nothing because Arteta is too big for that?

It's gonna be a funny situation me thinks :D

novar

Instead of being exiled he should have been fined heavily and get his wages docked so he could learn some humility.

Don't follow Bundesliga so no clue how he's doing but at his best he was fun to watch and he certainly always looked better than most of our youth prospects bar Saka.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
You know what, at least he would have tried to make something happen yesterday and taken responsibility(even if it worked out or not). I realise I used to be too harsh on him, I'll take Guendouzi having no positional sense at all over whatever the hell Xhaka and Ceballos are doing out there.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Promising player, Arteta/the club handled the situation terribly. Hertha have a bit of money behind them dont they? Maybe they make us a decent offer in January.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Had he apologized, he'd be playing week in and week out with our current crop. Just a disappointment on all parties, including Matteo. Clearly a very talented player.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Matteo does well, then Edu steps in and sorts any friction between him and Arteta. Per rest him and played a part in this loan. We need to keep decent players if only to oust the bums

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Always said he was a top talent while bums were celebrating their bum ring leader xhaka staying & apparently winning the war while we finished eighth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom