• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

football-is-an-art-like-dancing-is-an-art-but-only-when-its-well-done-does-it-become-an-art-quote-1.jpg

Thread dedicated purely to the aesthetic side of football. So a great player/team with an ugly game doesn't belong here. Stats, work ethic, passion; none of that nonsense either, only thing that matters here is skill level, technical ability and being easy on the eyes. Basically what kids on the streets everywhere look up to.

I'll start it off with:

Probably the most aesthetically pleasing player ever. I spent countless hours growing up trying to emulate his skills :lol:
If Ronaldinho came through in a later era he would be one of the most devastating wingers to have ever played. The technical ability he had combined with raw pace and strength would have been terrifying.

Would have been like Neymar on steroids.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I remember as a kid seeing a 17-18 year old Ronaldo ripping it up at PSV. It was like watching an alien.

Maybe it's rose tinted glasses but I don't believe I've ever seen a player with a better combination of technical and physical attributes than him.

19-20 year old Ronaldo I'd take over any player I've ever seen. You probably can't put him in the conversation for GOAT based on longevity but for pure peak ability I haven't seen anyone better.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember as a kid seeing a 17-18 year old Ronaldo ripping it up at PSV. It was like watching an alien.

Maybe it's rose tinted glasses but I don't believe I've ever seen a player with a better combination of technical and physical attributes than him.

19-20 year old Ronaldo I'd take over any player I've ever seen. You probably can't put him in the conversation for GOAT based on longevity but for pure peak ability I haven't seen anyone better.

I think he would have been universally considered the absolute best ever, if it wasn't for his injuries at Inter.

Even after that at Real Madrid, he was still the 2nd best striker in the world to a peak Thierry Henry, ridiculous player...if I think about football, the first player I think about is Ronaldo, he's the GOAT for me.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I think he would have been universally considered the absolute best ever, if it wasn't for his injuries at Inter.

Even after that at Real Madrid, he was still the 2nd best striker in the world to a peak Thierry Henry, ridiculous player...if I think about football, the first player I think about is Ronaldo, he's the GOAT for me.

It's weird whenever I hear anyone talking about Ronaldo in relation to being the GOAT, I always assume they're talking about the Brazilian one but 90% of the time it's the Portuguese one they're talking about :facepalm:

I guess it's a generation thing but at least we know how good the original Ronaldo was :)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

It's weird whenever I hear anyone talking about Ronaldo in relation to being the GOAT, I always assume they're talking about the Brazilian one but 90% of the time it's the Portuguese one they're talking about :facepalm:

I guess it's a generation thing but at least we know how good the original Ronaldo was :)

ronaldo-kleberson-a5922b91c0971e7a.jpg

...you have to be the one true GOAT to have this haircut, but also make all the kids around the world in summer 2002 want to have it to0!

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Man, you come on a thread to talk about football purists only to hear the breaking news that Diego Maradona has just died.

One of the all time greats, I hope he's finally found the inner peace that seemed to elude him in life.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There'll never be anything like him again. It shouldn't be understated the status he has among Napoli and Argentina supporters, they've literally deified him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Three of the most underrated Arsenal goals. Goosebumps with the commentary.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mid-chat, Wenger takes a moment to consider, slightly more seriously, the concept of football in heaven. Here is a chance to redesign the game in its most perfect state. If he were given carte blanche to reset, keeping all the best bits and obliterating all the aspects that frustrate or disappoint him, what would football look like?

“The dream is that everybody has exceptional skill,” he muses. “The ball has to be the friend of everybody. No matter where it comes from it has to be welcomed. So once everybody has that mastery of the technical level then you can express your qualities. At the moment we are far from that, believe me. I watch the Premier League and it has become more physical, not more technical.”
^ Arsène Wenger.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I remember we had one game per week on Norwegian telly from England, apart from that it was the Norwegian league.

Then the World Cup in 1982 came along....and everything just changed...it was like watching something from a completely different planet.

4:43 for some Argentinian DNA - and sadly no happy ending...

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Watched this the other night, don't know about rankings but their can't have been many better finishers than Romario. Some of the lobs here are insane. Only time I can remember watching him live was when Gary Neville gave him a couple of assists at the Club World Cup I'm 2000.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom