• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

PressResistance

To the naked eye, Billy has more talent than Roberto Baldini.

To Arteta, this means he'll **** him around because he wants to know what he gets from a player, even though the product is a turd he's intent on polishing it than plucking a possible diamond sitting right here.

Whatever his tragedy was, he'd have handled it better if he was shown a bit more faith and allowed to play to keep himself going to a dark place.

Insted he's being mugged off by the manager and unintentionally by his friend. Arteta acting like Stalin, Luiz and Willian can do no wrong whilst Saliba, ESR, Özil and attacking football have been sent to the gulag, Guendo to Hertha.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta is a criminal, thanks god last season we had Emery who had started playing Saka & Martinelli straight away without all the nonsense.
In all fairness, Emery lost both Kolasinac and Tierney when Saka was shoe-horned into LB.

I reckon a similar travesty would have to happen with Saliba. Fofana got his chance after Soyuncu got injured, he didn't exactly walk into the team.

I raised the point of the Chelsea youngers from last season in another thread. In the premiership young players getting the chance is a means to an end rather than choice. Wenger's reliance on youth early in Emirates move also furthers this.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
In all fairness, Emery lost both Kolasinac and Tierney when Saka was shoe-horned into LB.

I reckon a similar travesty would have to happen with Saliba. Fofana got his chance after Soyuncu got injured, he didn't exactly walk into the team.

I raised the point of the Chelsea youngers from last season in another thread. In the premiership young players getting the chance is a means to an end rather than choice. Wenger's reliance on youth early in Emirates move also furthers this.

But Fofana wasnt bought to be transitioned. He was bought under the impression he would be ready when called upon. Hes been maybe called upon earlier than expected but they clearly did their homework on him. As they have been proven right. Leciester also dont spend 30m on a player they believe they will have to send to the under 23s for a year or two.

Leciester were in the market for various centre halves. Tarkowski was one but that was too expensive.

Either way whatever Fofana did in those first few weeks in training clearly impressed. Hes fitted in at Leciester with relative ease. That indicates he was bought ready.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We might go two seasons without seeing apparently a top young CB kick a ball for us.

My expectations were he’ll feature, have shaky moments as he’s young but build himself up for the coming years.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
We might go two seasons without seeing apparently a top young CB kick a ball for us.

My expectations were he’ll feature, have shaky moments as he’s young but build himself up for the coming years.
I think he's gonna play in Carabeo Cup games

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When your in the situation we are in every signing you make has to improve your squad now. And clearly Saliba doesnt improve our squad at this current moment. Or he does and Arteta is just messing him about because he has bigger loyalties to Mari who he signed, Mustafi who he offered a new contract and Luiz who he offered a new contract.

A 19 year old who's moved to a new country and is watching his so called inferior CB partner sitting at the top of the league will soon become disillusion playing with Sokratis in the under 23s. I honestly dont think Arteta could have played this any worse. Have him in the squad just to make him feel part of the first team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta is a criminal, thanks god last season we had Emery who had started playing Saka & Martinelli straight away without all the nonsense.
Yeah with arteta saka would be in the u23. Luckily for us this fraud is gone soon

PressResistance

When your in the situation we are in every signing you make has to improve your squad now. And clearly Saliba doesnt improve our squad at this current moment. Or he does and Arteta is just messing him about because he has bigger loyalties to Mari who he signed, Mustafi who he offered a new contract and Luiz who he offered a new contract.

A 19 year old who's moved to a new country and is watching his so called inferior CB partner sitting at the top of the league will soon become disillusion playing with Sokratis in the under 23s. I honestly dont think Arteta could have played this any worse. Have him in the squad just to make him feel part of the first team.

Arteta put 3 guys on the roster, at CB, who were all injured at the time ( Mustafi being the first to recover, Mari and Chambers haven't even gotten a minute ), whilst he had a 30 million young CB who has played 2 seasons of senior football healthy and was lauded as one of the best prospects in the world.

His roster management is infuriating.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta put 3 guys on the roster, at CB, who were all injured at the time ( Mustafi being the first to recover, Mari and Chambers haven't even gotten a minute ), whilst he had a 30 million young CB who has played 2 seasons of senior football healthy and was lauded as one of the best prospects in the world.

His roster management is infuriating.
its an inexcusable decision.....its one of those decision where you simply cant defend unless Arteta think the guy is absolutely trash and think hey even if those guys dont come back I rather play xhaka or tierney in defence. Hell even bellerin if I have to.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We have two of the biggest prospects of the current world Champions - France. Guendouzi has been banished out on loan to probably being lost on a free transfer (he was being quoted as being a 40m plus players a year ago) and 30m 'Mbappe of defending' Saliba gets sporadic appearances for the under 23s.

Trust the process.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missing in action W Saliba, M Özil, S Papastathopoulas RIP

Tom349

But Fofana wasnt bought to be transitioned. He was bought under the impression he would be ready when called upon. Hes been maybe called upon earlier than expected but they clearly did their homework on him. As they have been proven right. Leciester also dont spend 30m on a player they believe they will have to send to the under 23s for a year or two.

Leciester were in the market for various centre halves. Tarkowski was one but that was too expensive.

Either way whatever Fofana did in those first few weeks in training clearly impressed. Hes fitted in at Leciester with relative ease. That indicates he was bought ready.

They spent similar on Soyuncu who played only the six games in his first season.

Top Bottom