• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My armchair manager analysis would be to make the guys who can run hard, run hard and rotate them if necessary. I’d tell Auba to track back if he feels the team needs him to but if he doesn’t then I want to see him providing an option if we do win the ball.

Elneny has an engine, let’s use him as a crap version of Ramsey and get bodies in the box we don’t need him hanging back all the time, he’s got the legs to truly play box to box.

Let Partey cover the forward runs of Bellerin and Tierney but we need to get them running up and down and they both can from what I know of them.

Get Willian coming in off the left or starting in the midfield and playing triangles with Pepe and Bellerin on the right, Auba and a midfielder in the middle or Saka and Tierney on the left. Long story short, just get our attackers closer together.

The biggest one for me is for the on ball players to take more risks in possession and the off ball players to make better runs.

First I would promise Auba, Saka, Pepe, Bellerin and Tierney that if they make high intensity runs in behind and someone doesn’t try to find them at least half of the time then they’re within their rights to give their teammates a bollocking. At the same time I’d tell my midfielders to demand that same movement from the front line and the fullbacks.

If I see us camped around their box and we go ten passes without someone making a run in behind then they’re not doing what is required and I’d scream at them. Besides that I’d be quiet for the most part, only speaking to remind them of the general game plan.

I’d tell Auba, Laca and Pepe to shoot from anywhere in the box whenever they want and if anyone has a problem with that then they come to me and I’ll slap em.

I’d tell Pepe, Nelson etc. to take on their man as many times as you want, I’d encourage it even but on the condition that you take them on with conviction and make an effort to win it back if you do lose it.

We’ve played with such defensive structure that I think we can start to take some of the above risks and hope that Partey + our back line can protect us.

Kysus

This forum is hilarious sometimes, first it's "let's play 433 with player x and y that will fix things"
After it obviously didn't change anything "ok how about 442 with player z and player Ä?

You guys realize that where the players end up on the pitch is due to tactics and not some magical numbers players are lined up to on your screen pre-match, right?
So the question should be what do change about the tactics and not "where to place players on the team sheet" ffs.

Issues:
-Few triangles in the attacking third
-Striker isolated in the centre(no triangles in the attacking third)
-Our goal threats are far too wide, basically hugging the touchline which some experts already call the Artetaline(therefore no triangles in the attacking third)
-Because our FBs are usually underlapping which makes no sense with our players
-Our front 3 is tracking back into our own box all the time, against every single team. That's ridiculous. Makes counterattacking almost impossible.

Fixes:
-Get at least one of the CMs closer to the striker
-Get our wide forwards closer to the striker/more central/closer to goal
-Width via Fullbacks and not WFs
-Let forwards stay forward, 11 behind the ball at all times is ridiculous, cowardice and not in line with "We are Arsenal FC" philosophy that Arteta is using all the time.
You will always struggle to score like that.

If you want your numbers it would be a fairly classic 433

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We care too much about formations and over complicate things.

I just want the hand brake off a little bit, to go for it when we’re against weaker opposition or 1 goal down like against City. We’re not and this is solely on Arteta and his weak approach to games despite what anyone tries to say.

It makes me sad seeing Auba and Laca at the halfway line putting in tackles. People defend this sh*t and call them bad players cause they aren’t dribbling the length of the pitch and scoring. Some minor adjustments is all that’s needed until we can upgrade in summer.

He’s made the entire front line look bad. On top of it so far anyone struggling or in need of coaching he’s cast aside so far, it’s just poor and not what I expected at all when he came in.

Everything is just governed by fear and he needs to snap out of it or he’s not gonna last.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We care too much about formations and over complicate things.

I just want the hand brake off a little bit, to go for it when we’re against weaker opposition or 1 goal down like against City. We’re not and this is solely on Arteta and his weak approach to games despite what anyone tries to say.

It makes me sad seeing Auba and Laca at the halfway line putting in tackles. People defend this sh*t and call them bad players cause they aren’t dribbling the length of the pitch and scoring. Some minor adjustments is all that’s needed until we can upgrade in summer.

He’s made the entire front line look bad. On top of it so far anyone struggling or in need of coaching he’s cast aside so far, it’s just poor and not what I expected at all when he came in.

Everything is just governed by fear and he needs to snap out of it or he’s not gonna last.
Would you think it will solve the problem to have players like these in the squad? (Not necessarily these 3 players, it could be other players with more experience but with similar playing style. And I’m not talking about the goals/assists they have contributed, it could be someone else with better stats but playing in the same style.)

You have mentioned that Arteta has to change his approach. But do you think that Arteta is forced to set up this way BECAUSE our players are too shxt, especially technical-wise and creative-wise, so that we are not able to play attacking/possession/entertaining football?

We have to sign attacking players with similar playing style that I’ve posted above. We also need a few more Aouar in the midfield. If we have more technical players, we are allowed to play in a more attacking/possession based system.

I’m glad that unlike the previous youth intakes in the past 10 years, the current u23, and especially u18 are packed with technically sound players. In a few years time, don’t cry if we have a squad of Ronaldinhos/Iniestas and we played the most entertaining football in the world. Don’t cry when we have get rid of all of our walcotts/chamberlains and not play boring direct football anymore.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This forum is hilarious sometimes, first it's "let's play 433 with player x and y that will fix things"
After it obviously didn't change anything "ok how about 442 with player z and player Ä?

You guys realize that where the players end up on the pitch is due to tactics and not some magical numbers players are lined up to on your screen pre-match, right?
So the question should be what do change about the tactics and not "where to place players on the team sheet" ffs.

Issues:
-Few triangles in the attacking third
-Striker isolated in the centre(no triangles in the attacking third)
-Our goal threats are far too wide, basically hugging the touchline which some experts already call the Artetaline(therefore no triangles in the attacking third)
-Because our FBs are usually underlapping which makes no sense with our players
-Our front 3 is tracking back into our own box all the time, against every single team. That's ridiculous. Makes counterattacking almost impossible.

Fixes:
-Get at least one of the CMs closer to the striker
-Get our wide forwards closer to the striker/more central/closer to goal
-Width via Fullbacks and not WFs
-Let forwards stay forward, 11 behind the ball at all times is ridiculous, cowardice and not in line with "We are Arsenal FC" philosophy that Arteta is using all the time.
You will always struggle to score like that.

If you want your numbers it would be a fairly classic 433

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on here.

Everyone thinks they'd be excellent at managing one of the biggest football clubs in world football because they've tinkered with the tactics on football manager.

Vast majority of your points are untrue.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Will be hand Folarin his firat start?

Seems he is all talk on the press conferences about wanting to work with young players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
On top of it so far anyone struggling or in need of coaching he’s cast aside so far, it’s just poor and not what I expected at all when he came in.

Who has Arteta cast aside? Only guys I can think of is Guendouzi + Torreira, both who are to a certain degree vastly overrated by Arsenal fans, and Özil + Sokratis who both should have been shown to the door by our previous manager. If you expect him to play _____ every game and not drop him then you need to start realizing that there isn't a single player in our squad who is playing at a level that makes him undroppable. That Arteta is not going to be rewarded by persisting on players that have a clear ceiling to their potential. If anything Arteta is in his mess right now because he is not ruthless enough, and giving too much chances to certain players that should not have their playing spot secure.

Kysus

One of the worst posts I've ever seen on here.

Everyone thinks they'd be excellent at managing one of the biggest football clubs in world football because they've tinkered with the tactics on football manager.

Vast majority of your points are untrue.

Coming from someone who is always wrong on everything that's a huge compliment.
Appreciate it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Coming from someone who is always wrong on everything that's a huge compliment.
Appreciate it.

Did I tickle a nerve?

Bro you basically said that when we are attacking a low block we haven't got anyone in the opposition half. Are you broken? The whole point in needing better personal centrally to break down low blokes is very valid.

I'll once again come back to Bruno Fernandes and how he's drastically changed United's fortunes going forward. Up until Bruno arrived United had worse chance creation stats than us.

Its not just about the signing itself, theres so many other factors. It frees up other players who may need more space to operate, it allows you to create and score more from central areas and it gives a boost to the players around you when you know you have someone that can create something from nothing.

These aren't wrong or invalid points.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Did I tickle a nerve?

Bro you basically said that when we are attacking a low block we haven't got anyone in the opposition half. Are you broken? The whole point in needing better personal centrally to break down low blokes is very valid.

I'll once again come back to Bruno Fernandes and how he's drastically changed United's fortunes going forward. Up until Bruno arrived United had worse chance creation stats than us.

Its not just about the signing itself, theres so many other factors. It frees up other players who may need more space to operate, it allows you to create and score more from central areas and it gives a boost to the players around you when you know you have someone that can create something from nothing.

These aren't wrong or invalid points.
Our formation doesn't even allow for a central playmaker so there's that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our formation doesn't even allow for a central playmaker so there's that.

Because we don't have any and our main creative players are wider. When Arteta first joined he was playing 4231 with Özil in the hole. I'm sure if we had that one creative signing he would revert back to 4231 or play 433 with Aouar at the 8 drifting into the role.

If we signed Bruno or someone like Dybala for example tomorrow we would play 4231 with them in the hole.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta needs some long sessions with Wenger, he's lacking some skills that Wenger excelled at. Loading his own stress onto the players with too much intensity is counter productive. All that continual shouting and gesticulating inhibits expression and creativity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta needs some long sessions with Wenger, he's lacking some skills that Wenger excelled at. Loading his own stress onto the players with too much intensity is counter productive. All that continual shouting and gesticulating inhibits expression and creativity.

Yeah because that worked for Arsène when we were 8-2 down against United and 6-0 down to Chelsea.

"Well errrr its okay lads errrrr, we errrrr tried our best errrr lets go beat Norwich tika taka next week errrrr 4TH ERRR FOURTHHHHH ERRRRR"

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah because that worked for Arsène when we were 8-2 down against United and 6-0 down to Chelsea.

"Well errrr its okay lads errrrr, we errrrr tried our best errrr lets go beat Norwich tika taka next week errrrr 4TH ERRR FOURTHHHHH ERRRRR"
Nobody likes a micro-manager unless the results justify it, even then the results have to really justify the behaviour.

That’s not a football thing, just a life thing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody likes a micro-manager unless the results justify it, even then the results have to really justify the behaviour.

That’s not a football thing, just a life thing.

We don't know what he does on the training pitch. Everyone was saying how incredible he is at the club and I doubt a few bad results will change that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Posting two results out of 1235 matches, just shows your bias. Wenger won the vast majority of his matches scoring 2298 goals with some big wins. Even Ferguson had some bad defeats, losing 6-1 to City, 5-0 to Newcastle, 5-0 to Chelsea etc with all his money. Hell, Klopp lost 5-0 to City and 7-2 to Villa.

These days we're losing 3-0 to Villa, just about in the Europa league (by FA Cup route having finished 8th), and currently in the bottom half of the table . . . . and you're still posting disrespectful nonsense about the greatest manager this club has ever seen. :lol::lol::lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Posting two results out of 1235 matches, just shows your bias. Wenger won the vast majority of his matches scoring 2298 goals with some big wins. Even Ferguson had some bad defeats, losing 6-1 to City, 5-0 to Newcastle, 5-0 to Chelsea etc with all his money. Hell, Klopp lost 5-0 to City and 7-2 to Villa.

These days we're losing 3-0 to Villa, just about in the Europa league (by FA Cup route having finished 8th), and currently in the bottom half of the table . . . . and you're still posting disrespectful nonsense about the greatest manager this club has ever seen. :lol::lol::lol:

What you cant seem to accept is how poor he was in his final 5 years. Yes Fergie lost the odd one off game badly, as will Klopp. But they still managed to go and beat a big team away from home fairly regularly as well. Wenger? Nah fam, Wenger dont do that, he's too good for that. Needs to lose all big away games, legend status. Bottom of the barrel stuff from you.

All you ever do is take his entire 1235 matches and the early success and put it into one. Which isn't how it works i'm afraid.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What you cant seem to accept is how poor he was in his final 5 years. Yes Fergie lost the odd one off game badly, as will Klopp. But they still managed to go and beat a big team away from home fairly regularly as well. Wenger? Nah fam, Wenger dont do that, he's too good for that. Needs to lose all big away games, legend status. Bottom of the barrel stuff from you.

All you ever do is take his entire 1235 matches and the early success and put it into one. Which isn't how it works i'm afraid.
Poor? I suggest you watch this 2016 compilation to remind yourself of the breath taking moves and compare it to the drivel we're watching now. This was his final year before the fans shat on him, and we finished 2nd I might add, not 8th, with the best defensive stats in the league. I'd forgotten just how good it was. A beautiful creative art form. Watch the move at 1 min 13s . . Jesus!

Last edited:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We all love Wenger but let’s not forget he got himself sacked by awful signings and poor performances. He left us marooned in 6th place. Pochettino and Klopp retired Wenger by replacing us in the top 4 on a lower spend.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom