• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We'll definitely need a CB next summer tho, Holding surely isn't seen as a starter and Luiz will be gone.

Not sure if it's the number 1 priority but it'll need to be addressed.

Saliba/Holding - Gabriel/Mari. Chambers still in the squad, Mavropanos future/injuries in doubt. I would rather give Luiz a new 1-year contract, who can play both positions, than signing another CB for a lot of money.

And if we are signing anoter CB before even giving Saliba a chance this season, there is really no help for this club anymore.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
We'll definitely need a CB next summer tho, Holding surely isn't seen as a starter and Luiz will be gone.

Not sure if it's the number 1 priority but it'll need to be addressed.

It would have been perfect time if your manager actually wants to give Saliba chances for first team experience or your board is willing to let him go on loan without other teams paying his loan fees or wages, it would have been perfect for him to gain experience and would be in the situation ready to replace Luiz next season without trying to spend on another centre back.

Poor man management from Arsenal not to let him go on loan.

Creativity should be number 1 priority. If there is protection in midfield, defense can and will improve.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Edu's reaction when he see's the team not creating chances and Arteta tells him to get him another CB in January
source.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Damn maybe it's 2013 and i don't know Eriksen Willian Wilshere. Maybe we'll link with Ramsey next.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Spending big money on a proven attacker is worth it as long as you can replicate the conditions that made them proven in the first place.

I think the sentiment of this post is really good. You need to have a plan for a player. For example, do you see something in a player which suits your system.

Wijnaldum and Sissoko at Sp**s are examples of players playing as 10s at a smaller club because they were good enough to do it, but at a bigger club, the functional defensive side comes out a lot more. Fully adapted to the league, able to play defensively and offensively with athleticism, these are simply signings we do not make.

We bought Torreira. A player who has had particular success covering small distances at the base of a diamond for club and country. We played him in a double pivot and as a 10 covering large distances? Thats not smart. It's incredibly stupid.

So if we look at someone like Goretzka who was a flair player, playing as an advanced midfield at Schalke and who is now a double pivot phyical monster. Could Szoboszlai be a Ramsey like midfielder in a double pivot who breaks to shoot from the edge? Rather than a wide forward who drifts inside.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So if we look at someone like Goretzka who was a flair player, playing as an advanced midfield at Schalke and who is now a double pivot phyical monster. Could Szoboszlai be a Ramsey like midfielder in a double pivot who breaks to shoot from the edge? Rather than a wide forward who drifts inside.
Definitely trickier when you're planning to change the players role or position. For now that's something we as a club don't need to worry about imo, plenty of CMs out there who are ready made for us.

We might have to get creative with our next number 9 though, that looks like an attacking mid conversion waiting to happen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Before thinking about buying players we desperately need to sell and trim the squad more. Özil Sokratis Luiz and Mustafi all can sign pre-contracts with thier new clubs in January.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I would love for us to get Dendoncker - he can play perfectly along side Partey and slot in at CB if need be.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So are those Aouar issues a big deal and it might be back on for January for either Juve/us, or is it just small a dispute ?

Would be ironic if we go for Aouar considering he refused to train because he didn't come off the bench. I mean. That is pretty damn extreme and if any if our players did that, I am pretty sure they would be exiled like Guendouzi.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would be ironic if we go for Aouar considering he refused to train because he didn't come off the bench. I mean. That is pretty damn extreme and if any if our players did that, I am pretty sure they would be exiled like Guendouzi.

Kinda agree there, but still haven't got that one type of player I wanted the most and he really fits the bill, so.. we already paid a big price for not getting that kind of player by now.

Gotta fix it soon

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kinda agree there, but still haven't got that one type of player I wanted the most and he really fits the bill, so.. we already paid a big price for not getting that kind of player by now.

Gotta fix it soon

Interestingly, Soumare isn't getting much game time, Aouar is acting up, Szoboszlai has a release clause. There are players out there.

I watched the Bayern vs Salzburg game and Szoboszlai didn't really do much. A player who caught my eye was Camara. 20 year old box to box midfielder who seemed really comfortable as a right 8. He stood out for me.

Breezy

I hope the club are keeping a close eye on young Blackburn forward Adam Armstrong. Looks too good for the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom