• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

musoke

Of course modern managers are wrong you see now nobody plays with number 10 it seem everyone copying what other manager do mostly managers play 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3 you see Everton they stick James in wide position in 4-4-2 formation. De Bruyne play mostly as advanced central midfielder and he originally a number 10 i blame bald pep for this everyone copying him.
Football evolves. Players evolve.
Everything in life evolves.
Virus mutate and evolve.
Our morality evolves.
Managers evolve.
Technology evolves.
Our dress sense evolve.
Languages change and evolve.
Our planet keeps evolving.
Our Universe keeps evolving.
Humans grow from fetus to adult to death etc.. And we are still evolving as a species.

I don’t see why people can’t accept reality and try to adapt to each changing situation as much as possible.
Life / time does not wait for anyone. Anyone that is a revisionist, or just romanticises about the past will always be left behind or will be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

Football is now about results, it about tactic, “How do I stop the other team from scoring? How do I neutralise my opponents formation, system and most dangerous player? Etc”. A manager has 6 bad results and loses his job.

Naive wengerball became stale, it became predictable, it had become very easy to neutralise and play against. That is why we had become the weeping boys against the other Top 4 teams in the EPL and Europe (6-3, 6-1, 5-1, 5-2, 10-2, 8-2, score lines against us).
That is why the likes of Stoke City, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc had become bogies teams for us.

Wenger had a good first 10 years and then refused to EVOLVE / ADAPT to the ever changing world of football. That is why he went from fighting for the title to fighting for Top 3, to fighting for 4th place, to finishing 5th to finishing 6th before being sacked. It was a very steady decline while wenger himself had become stagnant, stubborn, arrogant and immune to criticism of his dinosaur ways.

Wenger had nearly 20 years where he ran everything. But he failed to challenge for the title after the invincibles. 10 years of just making up numbers in the EPL and CL.

It’s better to think with our head rather than our heart (emotions). We seem to use too much emotions.

I was a “Arsène Knows Best” but i had to accept that it was time for him to go, he had over stayed. I just had to accept the reality wenger was finished and it was time to move on.

I give the same advice to the Özil Superfans, they need to just accept reality, Özil is long finished, he is done, he has had more second chances than any other player at Arsenal in my opinion. But every time he is reintroduced he disappoints and we always end up back to the same old “Blame everyone and everything else but Ozi. But but look at the quality of players around him. Look at the formation, look at the system, don’t ask Özil to press, don’t ask Özil to defend, don’t ask Özil to trackback, don’t expect Özil to score goals, don’t expect Özil to run or dominates games, but but so and so is not making the runs Özil thrives on blah blah”.

I think it’s Time to move on, Özil has failed to evolve, adjust, adapt to the ever changing world of football. We can’t keep deluding ourself that he will all of a sudden make a difference this time ( at 32 years old) when he has consistently failed for the majority of his time at Arsenal. A 28 year old Özil has been a joke, all of a sudden a 32 year old Özil will be different? How many second chances does he get as compared to other players?

Look, Wenger had become stagnant, stale, predictable etc. He had gotten into his comfort zone. Wanted the world of football to remain the same or change for him instead of him changing with it.
Same with Özil, stagnant, stale, predictable. Very comfortable where he is. Not willing to change but hoping the world of football remains the same or change for him. These 2 let their massive EGOS dictate while football left them behind.

I think it’s Time to move on from the emotional attachment towards Özil for his fans like some of us had to with the great Wenger.

Sorry for the long winded Rant / Article I just published.:) :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Again, no swipes at Luiz for missing a game for his baby like there were for Özil?

Interesting ay @freeglennhelder2 ?

In terms of absence/pulling sickies Luiz has lot of good will banked. Özil has zero in the bank in this area so I guess people were quick to jump on his back, unfair as it may be.

Did I have a pop at him about this? Don't recall, I hope not. You never know whats going on in a pregnancy.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Football evolves. Players evolve.
Everything in life evolves.
Virus mutate and evolve.
Our morality evolves.
Managers evolve.
Technology evolves.
Our dress sense evolve.
Languages change and evolve.
Our planet keeps evolving.
Our Universe keeps evolving.
Humans grow from fetus to adult to death etc.. And we are still evolving as a species.

I don’t see why people can’t accept reality and try to adapt to each changing situation as much as possible.
Life / time does not wait for anyone. Anyone that is a revisionist, or just romanticises about the past will always be left behind or will be dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

Football is now about results, it about tactic, “How do I stop the other team from scoring? How do I neutralise my opponents formation, system and most dangerous player? Etc”. A manager has 6 bad results and loses his job.

Naive wengerball became stale, it became predictable, it had become very easy to neutralise and play against. That is why we had become the weeping boys against the other Top 4 teams in the EPL and Europe (6-3, 6-1, 5-1, 5-2, 10-2, 8-2, score lines against us).
That is why the likes of Stoke City, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc had become bogies teams for us.

Wenger had a good first 10 years and then refused to EVOLVE / ADAPT to the ever changing world of football. That is why he went from fighting for the title to fighting for Top 3, to fighting for 4th place, to finishing 5th to finishing 6th before being sacked. It was a very steady decline while wenger himself had become stagnant, stubborn, arrogant and immune to criticism of his dinosaur ways.

Wenger had nearly 20 years where he ran everything. But he failed to challenge for the title after the invincibles. 10 years of just making up numbers in the EPL and CL.

It’s better to think with our head rather than our heart (emotions). We seem to use too much emotions.

I was a “Arsène Knows Best” but i had to accept that it was time for him to go, he had over stayed. I just had to accept the reality wenger was finished and it was time to move on.

I give the same advice to the Özil Superfans, they need to just accept reality, Özil is long finished, he is done, he has had more second chances than any other player at Arsenal in my opinion. But every time he is reintroduced he disappoints and we always end up back to the same old “Blame everyone and everything else but Ozi. But but look at the quality of players around him. Look at the formation, look at the system, don’t ask Özil to press, don’t ask Özil to defend, don’t ask Özil to trackback, don’t expect Özil to score goals, don’t expect Özil to run or dominates games, but but so and so is not making the runs Özil thrives on blah blah”.

I think it’s Time to move on, Özil has failed to evolve, adjust, adapt to the ever changing world of football. We can’t keep deluding ourself that he will all of a sudden make a difference this time ( at 32 years old) when he has consistently failed for the majority of his time at Arsenal. A 28 year old Özil has been a joke, all of a sudden a 32 year old Özil will be different? How many second chances does he get as compared to other players?

Look, Wenger had become stagnant, stale, predictable etc. He had gotten into his comfort zone. Wanted the world of football to remain the same or change for him instead of him changing with it.
Same with Özil, stagnant, stale, predictable. Very comfortable where he is. Not willing to change but hoping the world of football remains the same or change for him. These 2 let their massive EGOS dictate while football left them behind.

I think it’s Time to move on from the emotional attachment towards Özil for his fans like some of us had to with the great Wenger.

Sorry for the long winded Rant / Article I just published.:) :lol:

Unfortunately his hardcore base won't move on from him. They're fixated on him. He could shoot someone at point blank range for no reason and somehow his acolytes would twist it to be the clubs fault.

I used to think that next summer when he's left his supporters would let it go, they won't though it'll still be the same 'I wish Özil was still here' when we lose or play poorly next season.

It's easier just to ignore them now.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Unfortunately his hardcore base won't move on from Özil. They're fixated on him. I used to think that next summer when he's left his supporters would let it go, they won't though it'll still be the same 'We could have done with Özil' when we lose or play poorly next season.

God knows how the club will possibly survive without Mr 4 assists in 2 years, at the club anymore :lol:
I haven’t seen ANYBODY suggest he be given a new contract, here or on social media, various platforms etc, so I don’t see why people would talk about him next season, we’ll have new signings and people like Willian to talk about.

There has been the odd post here about him maybe being useful currently, but surely you can understand that considering our dreadful form with creating and scoring.

Btw, even while being banished, he’s created the most chances per 90 since the start of last season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In terms of absence/pulling sickies Luiz has lot of good will banked. Özil has zero in the bank in this area so I guess people were quick to jump on his back, unfair as it may be.

Did I have a pop at him about this? Don't recall, I hope not. You never know whats going on in a pregnancy.
That Luiz, good will banked is abit of bollocks. What good will? Dreadful player, here to collect his last pay cheque, washed up Chelsea player etc.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I haven’t seen ANYBODY suggest he be given a new contract, here or on social media, various platforms etc, so I don’t see why people would talk about him next season, we’ll have new signings and people like Willian to talk about.

There has been the odd post here about him maybe being useful currently, but surely you can understand that considering our dreadful form with creating and scoring.

Btw, even while being banished, he’s created the most chances per 90 since the start of last season.

I'm not saying that Özil isn't still a relatively creative player but that chances per 90 minutes stat was dubious to me. I'd like to know how they defined chance. He got 2 assists last season.

Pepe wasn't too far behind him in chance creation % either If I'm thinking of the right stats and he's generally been considered poor so far.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This “sickie” narrative around Özil is very vague and questionable and peddled by his detractors.

Nothing to suggest such stuff. Maybe Wenger did rest him though, maybe he needed it, that comes under man management.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s just interesting we malign and attack a guy who has played here for years, given us good service, nearly broke our season assist record, would’ve contributed to a potential title win had we a better striker than Giroud etc, after his baby absence, but we don’t have the same energy for some washed up Chelsea legend.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hate Luiz and Willian btw, these aren’t Arsenal players. We’re finishing 7/8th with them anyway, finished 8th last season.

Play some kids. Clubs go nowhere with these types of signings. This forum was mocking Luiz when he was at his peak, but got down to its knees when he came here.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This “sickie” narrative around Özil is very vague and questionable and peddled by his detractors.

Nothing to suggest such stuff. Maybe Wenger did rest him though, maybe he needed it, that comes under man management.

22 FEB 2018

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has said that star German midfielder Mesut Özil's illness this week has lead to a drop in his immunity system which could be a problem for the team in the upcoming matches.

Özil has definitely been ruled out of Thursday's Europa league encounter against Ostersund after he reportedly spent the beginning of this week in sickness and Wenger said that Özil would have been rested anyway for the Europa league even if he was fit.

The thing to notice here is that this is the fourth time in a year that Özil has suffered from illness. He missed four games with sickness in the 2016-17 season as well as this season in November, Özil missed two games against Huddersfield and Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom