• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibra

Established Member
To those that rate Eddie, what do you see him apart from his youth scoring record? I've genuinely never seen understood the hype

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not happy from what i'm seeing we want someone who give Laca comptition and he doing worse than Laca still young but we either he not ready or just this is his ability

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

You want to give them a chance and we can still sell if he doesn't perform on a required level. What's the issue with that?

Most reasonable approach really.

Was poor today but we can't just suddenly write him off after one bad game/good game for Balogun.

In my gut though I feel like he doesn't have the versatility to make it, hopefully he proves me wrong.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Slightly worried he hasn’t scored for us in awhile. I think Balogun scoring today is actually good for Eddie. He’ll be even more determined to grab a goal. I know he’s not everyone’s cup pot tea but I love his mentality. He never seems to be satisfied with his goals and he always wants more. He’s not a Lacazette, he knows he needs to do better and he will.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not happening for him at the moment but he had a goal wrongly disallowed at home to Molde and one that was an extremely close call today, in addition to some other big chances.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I think he is a player, where a loan could really help.

And not talking about Championsship or Premier League. A loan to France or Germany would be fine, he needs to produce his quality from youth football into a Top League and this will only work with games every week.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Slightly worried he hasn’t scored for us in awhile. I think Balogun scoring today is actually good for Eddie. He’ll be even more determined to grab a goal. I know he’s not everyone’s cup pot tea but I love his mentality. He never seems to be satisfied with his goals and he always wants more. He’s not a Lacazette, he knows he needs to do better and he will.
Was a night to forget for him, but he gets a bit too much stick for sure.

He sticks away that header that changes the discussion, he probably will always be that type of player maybe.

He should have gotten way more minutes than he has had so far really, it’s a shame.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He sticks away that header that changes the discussion, he probably will always be that type of player maybe.

He should have gotten way more minutes than he has had so far really, it’s a shame.
Definitely. Eddie lives and dies on his goals, he's all about the onion bag. Very similar to Auba in that regard in fact.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think all round game is okay there some good first touch hold up play sometimes strikers get drought he'll rediscover his goal scoring form

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think all round game is okay there some good first touch hold up play sometimes strikers get drought he'll rediscover his goal scoring form
It's definitely passable. I think a good ceiling for Nketiah IMO is a Vardy-type. He has the aggression and he is a lot quicker than given credit. I see Nketiah being a very good PL level striker - his main attributes of positioning and movement is very good and I feel his finishing will improve. I think some of his dribbling has been good in the past so I think that will also improve as he gets older. I don't think this guy is a write off at all. I think we can afford to let him go if we're all in on someone like Balogun but it would take a very decent sized offer for me to even consider that an easy sale. Nketiah will have a great career IMO, either at Arsenal or somewhere else.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nketiah will have a great career IMO, either at Arsenal or somewhere else.
I feel a bit sorry for him, cause I get annoyed when people act like headed goals are sitters cause they are really not - but admittedly Eddie scores that everyday in the U21'swith his eyes closed.

Eddie another player starved of opportunities and trying too much. Balogun comes on against a tired team and scores and gets all sorts of praise and Eddie's 90 mins is immediately erased :lol:

Balogun is the better all round player I think it's safe to say? but that doesn't mean Eddie won't be a good player - I think he can with trust and unconditional game time.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing with me regarding Eddie is I see no real stand-out attributes. With Balogun you can instantly see he has athletic size about him and seems to have raw pace. He also seems very capable of finishing on both feet.

With Eddie I see no explosive attributes and he isn't the best at dribbling or passing either. I'm not sure if he's a get in behind striker, hold up striker or something else.

His contract is up in just over a years time so a decision will have to be made soon.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing with me regarding Eddie is I see no real stand-out attributes. With Balogun you can instantly see he has athletic size about him and seems to have raw pace. He also seems very capable of finishing on both feet.

With Eddie I see no explosive attributes and he isn't the best at dribbling or passing either. I'm not sure if he's a get in behind striker, hold up striker or something else.

His contract is up in just over a years time so a decision will have to be made soon.
they will renew him even if he doesnt get another goal this season. He is england u21 main striker

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

That's my issue, not being given enough minutes to prove himself. Give him a decent run in PL at CF, its not like anyone else is banging in goals.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hes similar to the rest of the recently academy players other than Saka. He will be a decent Premier league player in the future, but is he really ever going to cut it at the top level? I highly doubt it.

If we had a proper squad he'd be out on loan somewhere then we'd sell him in the summer for 20odd million.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Hes similar to the rest of the recently academy players other than Saka.
There are one or two more Saka's in there and plenty of other academies. Where do they get the unconditional game time at high level though?

If we didn't lose both Tierney and Kolasinac last season or if Chelsea got to spend in the transfer market - you don't get a Saka, simple as.

This is why we didn't get our Gnabry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom