• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
"These were the years without a real top striker"

Failed attempt at Vardy, abysmally stupid offer for Suarez, spending £120M on Xhaka, Mustafi and Lacazette. Its not just Wengers fault for not getting us a striker, its the clubs fault as a whole. But Wenger wasted so much money considering he was in charge of almost everything on that front. You cannot sit there and tell me we couldn't get someone outside of Higuain, Benzema, Suarez etc that would've actually joined and won us the title.

Now you're saying that the reason why we finished TEN POINTS behind Leicester in that season is because the ref's gave Leicester penalties :lol::lol::lol: ffs man.

We had a poor season, we finished 2nd because Sp**s bottled it as well, lets not forget that. We completely failed that season, it was embarrassing.

as I said .. dumb.

How do you compete without a full squad. Leciester had Kante, Mahrez, Vardy so its not like they were pushovers. The premier league was looking to give the illusion that its not a fixed reality show and Leceister were willing to play.

Arsenal never had a full squad and still dont. We have been trying to pay off debt and run without investment from owners.

Whatever your point is, no one knows, but spare us the dumb comments based on a less than 5% variation of points over 4 seasons.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I was pro Wenger till the end but you could clearly see he was on the decline as a manager in the last couple of years. I don't see the point in anyone denying it, beyond blind hero worship.

Saying it isn't heresy, the game was starting to pass Wenger by. There's no shame in that, it happens to every manager that's stuck around that long.

If anything the fact he managed to survive so long at the same club to reach his managerial decline is a testament to the man.

This is one the finest backhanded compliments I read in a while lol.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t buy that the game passed Wenger btw, anymore. You watch the PL now and the standards are pretty low. The football is generally poor, teams can’t defend etc.

Wenger got old, he’s pushing 80. The man got tired and stale, but what really damaged him more than anything was lack of finances.

We’re finishing 8th without him now, Raul spent the most ever in our history the other summer too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ole is at Utd, Lampard at Chelsea, Pep at City, all cheque book managers :lol:

Lampard/Ole won’t get top 8 if they had Arsenal budgets.

What “game”?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
as I said .. dumb.

How do you compete without a full squad. Leciester had Kante, Mahrez, Vardy so its not like they were pushovers. The premier league was looking to give the illusion that its not a fixed reality show and Leceister were willing to play.

Arsenal never had a full squad and still dont. We have been trying to pay off debt and run without investment from owners.

Whatever your point is, no one knows, but spare us the dumb comments based on a less than 5% variation of points over 4 seasons.

Without a full squad? What are you on about. We had the money to build a full squad :lol: We've spent close to £700M on footballers since 2014. Are you telling me we couldn't have built a decent enough squad by now with that spend?

There's no dumb comments, i'm just talking to some thick as a plank spacker.

kash2

Without a full squad? What are you on about. We had the money to build a full squad :lol: We've spent close to £700M on footballers since 2014. Are you telling me we couldn't have built a decent enough squad by now with that spend?

There's no dumb comments, i'm just talking to some thick as a plank spacker.

ask the owners that. even when we got a good player, they treated us as a stepping stone to go somewhere where they could get more money. It was tough to retain what we had, forget about augmenting.

Again spare me the dumb arguments. Talk real facts and go troll somewhere else if thats all you want.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The more money we had at the Emirates the worse our team got, we spent £100 million-ish on a team that finished 2nd and dropped down to 5th ffs :lol:

What Arsène really lacked was a savvy guy like Dein working with him in the end.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don’t buy that the game passed Wenger btw, anymore. You watch the PL now and the standards are pretty low. The football is generally poor, teams can’t defend etc.

Wenger got old, he’s pushing 80. The man got tired and stale, but what really damaged him more than anything was lack of finances.

We’re finishing 8th without him now, Raul spent the most ever in our history the other summer too.

I'm not sure that the fact we're now finishing 8th is evidence that letting Arsène go was a bad decision though.

I'd argue the bigger issue is that we didn't get a good replacement for him and the higher up's at the club don't really seem to know what they're doing a lot of the time.

kash2

Arsenal's fortunes are inversely proportional to the control by the Kroenke's over the years. Mikel is literally the hail mary move. We have nothing else left and are just hoping hoping Mikel turns out to be a boy wonder genius.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ask the owners that. even when we got a good player, they treated us as a stepping stone to go somewhere where they could get more money. It was tough to retain what we had, forget about augmenting.

Again spare me the dumb arguments. Talk real facts and go troll somewhere else if thats all you want.

I am giving you real facts :lol: Since 2014 we have spent £700M on players. This isn't dumb trolling this is a fact. Also since that point I think only Alexis has "used us" as a stepping stone, and he ultimately left because the team wasn't going anywhere. We allow players to have wages

If you're going to react to facts by saying its trolling, simply because it doesn't fit your bs agenda, then what is the point?

Again, I'll ask you the question. Could we not have built a very, very good squad with £700M?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arsenal's fortunes are inversely proportional to the control by the Kroenke's over the years. Mikel is literally the hail mary move. We have nothing else left and are just hoping hoping Mikel turns out to be a boy wonder genius.

How can you sit there and say that with the wage bill we have, the amount that individual players earn at the club and also the amount we've spent in the past 6 years? Its honestly baffling.

The outlay on players and wages is that of a club going for a title.

kash2

How can you sit there and say that with the wage bill we have, the amount that individual players earn at the club and also the amount we've spent in the past 6 years? Its honestly baffling.

The outlay on players and wages is that of a club going for a title.
stop this PR for kroenke...its gettting nauseating

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal have the 3rd highest net spend in the last 5 years btw. The argument that we haven't spent enough has no substance anymore. Reality is since we came into a bit of money post 2013, the recruitment has been awful. Maybe the club got complacent in their scouting, who knows.

Gabriel feels like the first hidden gem we've signed thats gone straight into the starting 11 since Nasri. We used to make signings like that every season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal have the 3rd highest net spend in the last 5 years btw. The argument that we haven't spent enough has no substance anymore. Reality is since we came into a bit of money post 2013, the recruitment has been awful. Maybe the club got complacent in their scouting, who knows.

Gabriel feels like the first hidden gem we've signed thats gone straight into the starting 11 since Nasri. We used to make signings like that every season.
Nasri was always highly rated tbh, certainly wasn't a hidden gem.

Gabriel hadn't had that much football before Lille I don't think, so he counts as a hidden gem probably.

Around Nasri times we were one of the few clubs that did it, it was kinda easier back then. Fast forward to today we had to fend off a couple of clubs for Gabriel. I'd say it's harder now.

You've also forgotten Martinelli.

Breezy

Nasri wasn’t a hidden gem. Neither was Gabriel for that matter.

Hidden gems would Martinelli and to a certain extent Guendouzi.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nasri was always highly rated tbh, certainly wasn't a hidden gem.

Gabriel hadn't had that much football before Lille I don't think, so he counts as a hidden gem probably.

Around Nasri times we were one of the few clubs that did it, it was kinda easier back then. Fast forward to today we had to fend off a couple of clubs for Gabriel. I'd say it's harder now.

You've also forgotten Martinelli.
Nasri wasn’t a hidden gem. Neither was Gabriel for that matter.

Hidden gems would Martinelli and to a certain extent Guendouzi.

Let me rephrase hidden gem. A player thats come in from a smaller club that has the potential to be a real top player. Maybe you could make the argument Koscielny fell into that category. We used to sign these types of players every summer, it was our blueprint. Liverpool are now doing this.

I'd argue Martinelli is more one for the future, he shouldn't be a fixture in a top 4 team atm.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Why do people keep raising net spend, it means absolutely nothing.

A team at the bottom of the league can sell a player for £10m and buy one for £30m and their net spend is -£20m. A team at the top of the league can sell a Coutinho like player £100m and buy 2 players at £60m, and their net spend is -£20m. Same net spend that year. Are fans of the lower team going to keep saying they should be competing with the top team because they have the same net spend.

Only squad cost tells you what the club has really invested in a squad, not net spend.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom