• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

Makavelii

I think if we had replaced Wenger with Klopp we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if.... we got the greatest manager of this entire generation...? Yeah no ****.

Bad premise to start with. It’s unreasonable to expect that we’d replace Wenger with the greatest manager in the world.

Despite his mistakes, there aren’t many better managers than Wenger and a lot of you couldn’t see that till now that it’s too late and we can’t replace him.

The club needs a rehaul from the ground up. We just can’t rely on finding the next Klopp to save us. We need a new long term data driven strategy.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We wouldn’t be having this conversation if.... we got the greatest manager of this entire generation...? Yeah no ****.

Bad premise to start with. It’s unreasonable to expect that we’d replace Wenger with the greatest manager in the world.

Despite his mistakes, there aren’t many better managers than Wenger and a lot of you couldn’t see that till now that it’s too late and we can’t replace him.
In the context of this forum there was genuine discussion about going in hard for Klopp but a lot of the people in this thread rated a spent Wenger above him at the time. But that doesn't really matter now.

I think the narrative that we can't replace Wenger needs to end though, we didn't lose the manager who was getting top 4 on a shoestring budget while playing good football, the man who left us was overdue retirement and it was the right time. The club as a whole does need to change, I've no idea how we're going to go about doing that. It's all on Stan's personal preference really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Knew what his number 1 was going to be :lol: Fair play though, he’s always mega respectful.

Interesting his comments about that Arsenal team, never heard him say that before.

You disagree with him on John Terry though don’t you?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Trumps court appeals all getting rejected but he still tweets "Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous '80,000,000 votes' were not fraudulently or illegally obtained." :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of Wenger haters in 2015/16. You could present endless evidence of his points totals, league finishing, %wins for his spend, to show he was still over performing, but they wouldn’t accept it and just say the exact opposite without any evidence, other than what they’d been schooled to say by the internet hype.

Been on this and some other forums for years and yet to read a post with one single piece of ‘actual evidence’ showing Wenger’s decline, causing the fans to take action to remove him.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Trumps court appeals all getting rejected but he still tweets "Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous '80,000,000 votes' were not fraudulently or illegally obtained." :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of Wenger haters in 2015/16. You could present endless evidence of his points totals, league finishing, %wins for his spend, to show he was still over performing, but they wouldn’t accept it and just say the exact opposite without any evidence, other than what they’d been schooled to say by the internet hype.

Been on this and some other forums for years and yet to read a post with one single piece of ‘actual evidence’ showing Wenger’s decline, causing the fans to take action to remove him.

Decline is relative, no?

I remember it as pretty blatantly obvious that we were on an outdrawn decline during Wengers last year. Slapped around against the big teams, Wengerball working to a lesser and lesser extent etc..
A change was needed no doubt. The change has since been disappointing, but it was the right decision

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Decline is relative, no?

I remember it as pretty blatantly obvious that we were on an outdrawn decline during Wengers last year. Slapped around against the big teams, Wengerball working to a lesser and lesser extent etc..
A change was needed no doubt. The change has since been disappointing, but it was the right decision
:lol: Wenger’s big losses pre 2015/16 we’re few and far between, else he’d never have got continual top 4 and they were always to teams outspending him by a multiple of 10. Hell Klopp even lost 7-2 to Villa, Ferguson lost 6-1 to City at home . . it’s football.

In other words you’ve still got no evidence to present, and even though it was the right decision we’re mid table.

‘A change was needed no doubt’. Is that you Donald?

UpTheGunnerz

:lol: Wenger’s big losses pre 2015/16 we’re few and far between, else he’d never have got continual top 4 and they were always to teams outspending him by a multiple of 10. Hell Klopp even lost 7-2 to Villa, Ferguson lost 6-1 to City at home . . it’s football.

In other words you’ve still got no evidence to present, and even though it was the right decision we’re mid table.

‘A change was needed no doubt’. Is that you Donald?

A change was indeed needed. New ideas, New influences

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A change was indeed needed. New ideas, New influences
Speak for yourself. I preferred Champions League, top 4, beautiful fast attacking football, to dull boring football and being mid-table. Call me selfish.

And Wenger earned enough to be able to retire with dignity on his terms with the club planning properly, rather than him being abused, humiliated and forced out of the top 4 after 20 years of superb service.

UpTheGunnerz

Speak for yourself. I preferred Champions League, top 4, beautiful fast attacking football, to dull boring football and being mid-table. Call me selfish.

And Wenger earned enough to be able to retire with dignity on his terms with the club planning properly, rather than him being abused, humiliated and forced out of the top 4 after 20 years of superb service.

I am speaking for myself, mate.

I agree with some of your opinions here, the club should definitely have seen that a better structure were in place when securing Monsieurs replacement. They did a shabby work of that, seemingly with no plan.

On the other hand, one could argue that Wenger himself should have realized that we were stagnating with him at the helm. But then again, that is not his job to realize.

The abusement and humiliation you speak of came from a small but vocal part of the fanbase, and some of that was indeed vile. However, we reached a boiling point with Wenger. How many away wins did we secure his last season? 1, maybe 2?

I can be critical of which appointments we made after Wenger, but to let him go is a decision i could never be critical. We wanted to take one step forward as a club and aim for higher achievements, nowt wrong with that. But clearly Emery was the wrong choice, lets see what Arteta can produce.

I also believe that Wengerball was a pretty rare occurrence during the last years. 13/14 was very nice and produced some good stuff in 15/16 but overall i think that the term is being overvalued when being attributed to Wengers latter years.

UpTheGunnerz

Love Wenger, not to keen on the rose tinted glasses some puts on when looking at his latter years here.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I am speaking for myself, mate.

I agree with some of your opinions here, the club should definitely have seen that a better structure were in place when securing Monsieurs replacement. They did a shabby work of that, seemingly with no plan.

On the other hand, one could argue that Wenger himself should have realized that we were stagnating with him at the helm. But then again, that is not his job to realize.

The abusement and humiliation you speak of came from a small but vocal part of the fanbase, and some of that was indeed vile. However, we reached a boiling point with Wenger. How many away wins did we secure his last season? 1, maybe 2?

I can be critical of which appointments we made after Wenger, but to let him go is a decision i could never be critical. We wanted to take one step forward as a club and aim for higher achievements, nowt wrong with that. But clearly Emery was the wrong choice, lets see what Arteta can produce.

I also believe that Wengerball was a pretty rare occurrence during the last years. 13/14 was very nice and produced some good stuff in 15/16 but overall i think that the term is being overvalued when being attributed to Wengers latter years.
I’m not talking about his last two years. They were definitely decline. He couldn’t operate with the fans p!sing all over him, the club and the team, and it wasn’t a vocal minority.

I’m talking about why the fans turned him with a big campaign of Wenger Out after 15/16. He finished 2nd with the worst injury record in the league, beating Klopp and Poch. He was over performing by every metric for his spend. He most definitely was not stagnating at the helm. Now we are. And if you continue to keep saying that, show me the evidence. I challenge you.

UpTheGunnerz

I’m not talking about his last two years. They were definitely decline. He couldn’t operate with the fans p!sing all over him, the club and the team, and it wasn’t a vocal minority.

I’m talking about why the fans turned him with a big campaign of Wenger Out after 15/16. He finished 2nd with the worst injury record in the league, beating Klopp and Poch. He was over performing by every metric for his spend. He most definitely was not stagnating at the helm. Now we are. And if you continue to keep saying that, show me the evidence. I challenge you.

Beating Poch and Klopp in their 2nd and 1st season at their respective club, not overly impressive i must say.
Bring in a better striker in summer of 15 and we win the league that year, build on the already two existing stars at the club. Why the club never invested that summer is beyond me, wont blame Wenger since i dont know what directives he got from the higher ups.

The decline came before the "pissing", not the other way around as i recall. Leaving room here for me remembering it wrong though, but cant really recall that it was heavily piss raining down after 15/16.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Beating Poch and Klopp in their 2nd and 1st season at their respective club, not overly impressive i must say.
Bring in a better striker in summer of 15 and we win the league that year, build on the already two existing stars at the club. Why the club never invested that summer is beyond me, wont blame Wenger since i dont know what directives he got from the higher ups.

The decline came before the "pissing", not the other way around as i recall. Leaving room here for me remembering it wrong though, but cant really recall that it was heavily piss raining down after 15/16.
None of that is evidence just your musings. ‘He might have done better if he’d bought a striker’. Poch and Klopp didn’t lose all those players to injury and certainly not their best player like Cazorla.

Where’s your actual evidence of decline up to 2015/16. You’re not providing any for some reason, even though you keep pretending it’s real.

Last edited:
Top Bottom