• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That’s on the individual quality of players. Which we lack.

Well then he should have signed an attacking player in the summer. He would have known the situation with Özil and that he wasnt going to include him. Could have had Buendia for about 15-20million. Might not have been brilliant but certainly better than nothing.

Reactions: Kav

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How have Xhaka and Ceballos improved? They're on the bench normally. Saka has improved but how much of that is down to Arteta and how much natural development at 18-19. Holding does look better. But in general we are poor. Its poor ugly depressing football and Emery.

Artetas supporters are good saying now are squad isnt good enough but the same fans where saying that we should be able to challenge for top 4 maybe missing out narrowly at the start of the season. Now their tune has changed.

Xhaka and Ceballos have put some excellent performances in under Arteta, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

As for the last statement I'm not sure who has said that tbh, I dont really keep track of peoples pre season opinions and opinions on the manager.

Manberg

Predator
Well then he should have signed an attacking player in the summer. He would have known the situation with Özil and that he wasnt going to include him. Could have had Buendia for about 15-20million. Might not have been brilliant but certainly better than nothing.

He wanted Aouar. Think I read a trusted source that said Aouar was his #1 target but Edu gave him Partey. Could also be because the Lyon owner had unjustified demands.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Xhaka and Ceballos have put some excellent performances in under Arteta, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

As for the last statement I'm not sure who has said that tbh, I dont really keep track of peoples pre season opinions and opinions on the manager.

But not good enough to start ahead of Elneny. Who has done well in a few games. But nothing special.

I dunno. Think the best thing that could have happened was getting beat by City in the semi final. It would have shown Arteta for what he is which is a bog standard mid table manager. He hasnt shown me the x factor or charisma and his words and interviews dont fool me. Non negotiatbles are negotiable. Poor performances are rewarded.

People are saying we need to get some signings in January. But were is the money coming in January if we couldnt afford an attacker 2 months ago?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But not good enough to start ahead of Elneny. Who has done well in a few games. But nothing special.

I dunno. Think the best thing that could have happened was getting beat by City in the semi final. It would have shown Arteta for what he is which is a bog standard mid table manager. He hasnt shown me the x factor or charisma and his words and interviews dont fool me. Non negotiatbles are negotiable. Poor performances are rewarded.

People are saying we need to get some signings in January. But were is the money coming in January if we couldnt afford an attacker 2 months ago?

I'm sorry I can't fathom not wanting the club to win a trophy because you don't rate the manager.

We obviously need the owners to help out, which by the sounds of it is what they've started to do.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also it's me or our run of fixture this season is bit difficult? we don't have run of fixtures when we have a 3-4 winnable games lol.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also it's me or our run of fixture this season is bit difficult? we don't have run of fixtures when we have a 3-4 winnable games lol.

Rest of the PL beyond the top 6 has improved massively tbf. Villa were a relegation struggler and Leeds newly promoted and that shows you the level of previously easy games.

No banter teams like Huddersfield, Cardiff or Norwich this year.

Only pants teams are Fulham and West Brom and they’re no pushovers either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rest of the PL beyond the top 6 has improved massively tbf. Villa were a relegation struggler and Leeds newly promoted and that shows you the level of previously easy games.

No banter teams like Huddersfield, Cardiff or Norwich this year.

Only pants teams are Fulham and West Brom and they’re no pushovers either.
Yes seem like it every game you go this season you can't consider yourself favorite even at home. Times changed.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Any idea what formation United are playing today?

The team sheet looks very odd with 4 central midfielders, Fred, van de Beek, Fernandes and Matic.

It's astonishing really that United can put out a team as unbalanced as that after spending 1 billion since Fergie left.

OSBK

Established Member

The team sheet looks very odd with 4 central midfielders, Fred, van de Beek, Fernandes and Matic.

It's astonishing really that United can put out a team as unbalanced as that after spending 1 billion since Fergie left.

I dont think ole has a clue, the players clearly dont.

I dont think utd can let this go on for much longer, a loss today leaves them with an huge task of reaching top 4. Im just glad ole is there, as bad as we have been sometimes i do think it could be worst.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to stay within 5ish points of the top 4 till January the make 2 quality signings at center forward and attacking midfield to have any chance of top 4. And even then it would be very unlikely, squad wise we are miles behind Chelsea, Sp**s and United.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Must have been a diamond

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont see us finishing above

Pool
City
Chelsea
Leicester
Spuds
Utd

That means 7th at best. We could even finish behind

Saints
Everton
Villa

That would be 10th, and I'm an optimist!

Last edited:
Top Bottom