• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novar

Think he realized Arteta sold him a lie, but in the end it's his fault. If you want to be a midfielder but you're not good enough to get into this midfield you should move out asap

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Hopefully we can still get 15-20m for him this summer...

Don't really see his value increasing at this rate, I've said it a million times but yeah, we should've sold him in the summer.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Damned if we do damned if we don't though. If we allowed him to move for £15M then the pitchfork crew would've been out in force.

I don't dislike AMN, but I don't think he'll ever be a top top player. Reminds me of Ox in a lot of ways. Wants to play centrally, getting played at full back a lot. Excellent athlete, bit like Ox, obviously a much better injury record. But I seriously doubt his ability on the ball.

I am very 50/50 with him, but ultimately he doesn't have a starting spot here. And if he does want to leave then he should be let go.
The similarity between niles and ox is that they are both shxt players

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he realized Arteta sold him a lie, but in the end it's his fault. If you want to be a midfielder but you're not good enough to get into this midfield you should move out asap

Someone sold him a lie and that’s his fault? What?

As you’ve seen with the Saliba situation, asking to leave and getting to leave don’t go hand in hand.

Not being good enough and not getting the opportunity to show if you’re good enough are also two different things.

Arteta doesn’t see the need for his profile of player in midfield, which is turning out great.

akhil

Someone sold him a lie and that’s his fault? What?

As you’ve seen with the Saliba situation, asking to leave and getting to leave don’t go hand in hand.

Not being good enough and not getting the opportunity to show if you’re good enough are also two different things.

Arteta doesn’t see the need for his profile of player in midfield, which is turning out great.

It's hilarious this dude can't make the bench but Ceballos and Xhaka start in their current form. Every team can pretty much carry the ball if they wanted to right through the middle till they met the center halves. He came alive against Molde when he was moved to the middle.

For a guy who played as a midfielder and played in the PL for most of his career, Arteta sure has weird priorities in midfield.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's hilarious this dude can't make the bench but Ceballos and Xhaka start in their current form. Every team can pretty much carry the ball if they wanted to right through the middle till they met the center halves. He came alive against Molde when he was moved to the middle.

For a guy who played as a midfielder and played in the PL for most of his career, Arteta sure has weird priorities in midfield.

Exactly.

When you have midfielders arriving at the edge of the box at least threatening to shoot, they draw opposition defenders out, which makes space for attacking runs.

Arteta just wants his 2 CMs marking space, and his 3rd standing the opposition DM. Awful football.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think he’ll do much better once he leaves the club.

He’s clearly more talented than some of the players in our first eleven but our manager who has fantastic man management thinks freezing him out will benefit his confidence and increase his value in time for January.

Özil, Guendouzi, Saliba, AMN...the list is going on.

Reactions: JCB

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m interested to know where Wolves saw him playing. They have better midfielders than us so surely wasn’t going to move to continue being a wingback?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely no point having Bellerin/AMN/Cedric in the same squad. Its gross missmangment from the club/manager. One has to go in January, and unfortunately think AMN will be the only one that has any suitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom