• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

akhil

It was also the summer we allowed Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Ox, Wilshere, Santi, Gibbs, and Szczesny to all enter the final year of their contracts :lol:

Ramsey could've been easily fixed even with the post Wenger regime. He wanted to stay. In hindsight, his injury issues seem to have gotten worse and I can't blame anyone regarding Santi's contract, bloody miracle he's still playing after the mess he went through.

Wenger's last year, we also brought in Laca, Kola and Mikhi in on big wages.

The post-Wenger management has been mostly rubbish as well for the most part, buy a CB every f**king window without getting rid of the ones we have. The 2 good deals this summer being weighed down by the by the dodgy free transfers.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It was Werder Bremen we officially sold him to. I'm pretty sure Bayern already had a deal in place with Bremen to buy him at a later date though. Seemed a bit dodgy to me.

Yes, they did have such a deal in place. Bayern basically bought Gnabry for Bremen and then paid a bit on top for it not to look that dodgy.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

This alone is grounds for sacking him!! He's pulled the wool over the eyes of the board simply because he's a former captain who had some flair as a player & served in a coaching capacity with the bald genius.

Sadly for him, that does not translate to 3 points on match day :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

This alone is grounds for sacking him!! He's pulled the wool over the eyes of the board simply because he's a former captain who had some flair as a player & served in a coaching capacity with the bald genius.

10 games over one season is grounds for saving someone? Interesting logic. Difference between 6th and 14th would've been just one win in those opening 10 games.

Levels.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I am sure we were lower than 7th in 2011-2012, the start to that season was a nightmare.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If Arteta is asking to be given time so he can buy his way out of trouble then I'm afraid he came to the wrong club. He will get till the end of this season. If results don't improve significantly I think the board will pull the trigger.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was actually from a short corner. It will count as an open play goal but really that was a set piece goal.

Technicality win for Arteta fanboy Riou...

photofunky.gif

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think Arteta outers need to accept hes staying unless something really ridiculous happens.

I'm glad he's been transparent with us in regards to what he wants. 433 and 5 new starters. He also said it probably won't be complete until 2022's window. Which is fine. But this Jan and next summer we need to see 3 of those 5 or 6.

I think we are in this for the long run and all have to accept the rebuild.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I think Arteta outers need to accept hes staying unless something really ridiculous happens.

I'm glad he's been transparent with us in regards to what he wants. 433 and 5 new starters. He also said it probably won't be complete until 2022's window. Which is fine. But this Jan and next summer we need to see 3 of those 5 or 6.

BNJR.gif

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

10 games over one season is grounds for saving someone? Interesting logic. Difference between 6th and 14th would've been just one win in those opening 10 games.

Levels.

"would've" being the operative word here.

Under his tenure, performances have been insipid at best & abysmal at worst.

I was never sold on him & most here are coming wise to the fact that he is, in fact, out of his depth. An FA Cup win is not going to be enough to buy him time.

Hopefully, he'll be dismissed soon so we might have a chance at halting our descent further into the bottom half of the table.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Everyone accepts rebuilds take time. The question is what do you need to see before someone is trusted with that task.

After all, why did we get rid of Emery? Didn't his rebuild not need time too?

The answer is we lost believe he could be trusted with that task. Arteta like Emery will have to show he can be trusted with a long rebuild. At the moment I'm afraid he isn't convincing anyone he is the right man.

He still has time, but the longer this dreadful run (both in results and performances) goes on, the less time he will get.

Bradpiff

Got a feeling we will get a point against Sp**s, and that will embolden his fans to say see he can do it.

But next game will be back to the usual dross

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"would've" being the operative word here.

Under his tenure, performances have been insipid at best & abysmal at worst.

I was never sold on him & most here are coming wise to the fact that he is, in fact, out of his depth. An FA Cup win is not going to be enough to buy him time.

Hopefully, he'll be dismissed soon so we might have a chance at halting our descent further into the bottom half of the table.

Performance at Old Trafford was anything but insipid.

Look at our performances with Partey in the team, that one signing makes such a huge difference. Gabriel, another signing, has made an immense difference.

I think people forget that we are now using the same attack and midfield as we had last season through the horrific runs. Until that changes not much will change.

Partey and Gabriel are proof we can be a lot better with new players under Arteta reign. He needs January and next summer to get a RCB, creative mid, another mid and an attacker to fully be able to utilise the 433 and do what he wants to do.

People forget he hasn't even been able to implement his style yet because we do not have the players to do it across the board.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Performance at Old Trafford was anything but insipid.

Look at our performances with Partey in the team, that one signing makes such a huge difference. Gabriel, another signing, has made an immense difference.

I think people forget that we are now using the same attack and midfield as we had last season through the horrific runs. Until that changes not much will change.

Partey and Gabriel are proof we can be a lot better with new players under Arteta reign. He needs January and next summer to get a RCB, creative mid, another mid and an attacker to fully be able to utilise the 433 and do what he wants to do.

People forget he hasn't even been able to implement his style yet because we do not have the players to do it across the board.

We lost 2 games with Partey. And if our whole team this season depends on one player (which it doesnt, Partey will not improve us that much on his own) then we are in trouble. You cant rely on one player to make the difference.

Liverpool have half a team out and still winning matches. City have had Aguero missing and other players and still get results.

If you think Partey changes a 2 1 loss to Wolves into a win your deluded. He is good but he isnt that good.

The performance at OT was good. But one good performance doesnt take half a dozen bad ones. Against inferior opposition. Or against the big teams. How can we say oh it's ok to lose against Liverpool and City yet other teams go there and give them a game. We should be aiming to do something against them.

After all people base Artetas success of 1 game against City. If your claiming that was an Arteta masterclass why couldnt he repeat it? Same as last season against Liverpool when they had already nothing to play for and we were gifted the 2 goals by errors? People say oh its Liverpool away this season we cant expect anything (which means nothing with no fans) in one breath yet go Artetas amazing he beat Liverpool (when it didnt matter or count).

Its pretty obvious that the City and Liverpool games were huge flukes. And its proven when you cant do the same again.

Take those 2 results away and nobody would have a single positive thing to say about Arteta. He has proven 0 in the league. And that's where you see the makings of a manager. Not in a cup compeition fs. Anyone can win a cup. You only have to look at Wigan.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This guy clearly never comes on here.

Also pretty certain we didn't sell Gnabry to Bayern it was some other bum German team we sold him to who then sold him to Bayern?

Wasn't this the season that Klopp first finished in the top 4 as well? Yes it was. Imagine if we had pulled our finger out that summer and finished in the top 4. Then Liverpool have no Champions League money (they went all the way to the final) and their faith in Klopp starts to waiver. They don't rebuild their reputation. They probably don't buy Van Dijk or Fabinho or Allison without CL football and the money associated with it.

We're in the Champions League so maybe we end up buying a good player. Liverpool played Porto, Man City and Roma on their way to the final. We probably could have won those games.

Wenger most likely stays if we do fluke the CL that year. At the very least we aren't burdened with Thursday night football so perhaps our league form improves. If we win the CL or stay in the top four in 2017-18 season then Wenger likely stays on or leaves on a high. He might even get to choose his successor because he'd have the clout to do so. This means no Gazidis screwing things up by putting in his failed structure or hiring Emery.

I haven't even mentioned all the games that probably go differently if the two chuckle ****s (Mustafi and Xhaka) aren't around to screw them up. The Carling Cup final immediately comes to mind.

That summer might have ruined this club more than the 2016 summer did.

God football is becoming like The Wire where Herc asked Little Kevin about the package and Little Kevin named Randy.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom