• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But i won't be surprised he has set back because it's always happen with this club. Xhaka Ceballos for the reminder of 2020 is torture Elneny better became prime Vieira because we are beyond help in this area

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope we get more info tomorrow or something. I dont get if it is 6 games from now or from his original injury.

If he misses 6 games from now thats horrendous news, the little bit of excitement we had vanished for ages. He is our only hope of improving right now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
AFCBell was basically saying 'he is back now but we are being careful with him'... that wouldnt be a 'few games' as Arteta said.

Isn't this the second time AFCBell has got Partey's return date wrong? @American_Gooner

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t like talking about footballers when they’re injured because I always feel like there’s a tendency to overrate them but losing Partey is terrible. He wasn’t great against Villa but at his worst he’s still better than Xhaka and Cellabos at their best. I was hoping he would acclimatise to the league and to his players by January but that seems to be on hold. If we’re being honest he’s the only respectable midfielder we have for the double pivot. We can’t have a world class player and pair him with a nobody till his contract is up. Let’s be smart for once.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don’t like talking about footballers when they’re injured because I always feel like there’s a tendency to overrate them but losing Partey is terrible. He wasn’t great against Villa but at his worst he’s still better than Xhaka and Cellabos at their best. I was hoping he would acclimatise to the league and to his players by January but that seems to be on hold. If we’re being honest he’s the only respectable midfielder we have for the double pivot. We can’t have a world class player and pair him with a nobody till his contract is up. Let’s be smart for once.
He was injured in first 5 minutes against villa he played all half while injured

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

Overrating injured footballers is known as the Abou Diaby effect. It’s how an average player with a couple of flashy moves and 1 good game against Liverpool ended up becoming a world class talent for us.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Overrating injured footballers is known as the Abou Diaby effect. It’s how an average player with a couple of flashy moves and 1 good game against Liverpool ended up becoming a world class talent for us.

Hmm..I understand the principle, and there are certainly many Arsenal players in our recent history that are worthy candidate names for this phenomenon, but IMO Diaby was a real talent.

I lobby for a rename!!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Interesting that Arsenal set no date about his return they only saying he continues his rehabilitation to return to full training. So could be any day he'll return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom