• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don't do that, don't give me hope. Honestly the one person I'd sack Arteta for without going through the whole "it needs to get untanable" bit.
The French media have reported that Leonardo wants Allegri to replace Tuchel if/when he goes, so I'm not sure where Poch can end up now besides Real.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If you want names, I'll make a list for you:
1.) Douzi should've stayed at the club and Xhaka would be in Germany by now.
2.) Martinelli should be our first choice CF once fully fit
3.) Saka is basically a starter already
4.) ESR/Nelson should be more involved than they are

That's 5 players already who are better/equal compared to seniors without even hitting the market to get more. Within a year or two you will see Azeez, Patino and Hutchinson, possibly Balogun if he stays at the club. That's a lot of quality young players that we already have on our books without spending a penny.

Guendouzi would be 5th choice if he didn't go on loan and had we sold Xhaka he would have been 4th choice right now. Martinelli like you said isn't fit. ESR just came back from injury problems and Arteta has been giving Nelson plenty of chances to be involved both this season and last. So what the freak do you expect Arteta to do? If you think any of these youngsters will solve our current problems if they are playing then stop, it's not going to happen. Even Saka has a lot more to prove before we can call him a better player than Iwobi.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The French media have reported that Leonardo wants Allegri to replace Tuchel if/when he goes, so I'm not sure where Poch can end up now besides Real.

It's Barcelona the team he'd never manage because of Espanyol, right?

Potch gets in Real and gets sacked right on time to take over from Mik...

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we sacked arteta tomorrow and got Poch in, after 10-15 games of doing bad before next summers window people would realise its a huge squad problem.

That's only because it's obvious now. Even I felt decent about our squad coming into the season but it's clear to me our squad is absolute ****, especially if you consider the direction that Arteta wants to go.

This forum needs more of this, admitting they were wrong and Hydro was right. Our squad lack balance and quality all over the place.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Why would people want Pochetto. Terrible manager. Did nothing with that elite Sp**s squad they had at the time.
He's a fantastic manager and improved two premiership squads without spending loads so in theory we needed him. My only thing is he's never won anything and we've seen he can get into a strop in public.

Has a proven track record with integrating youth into first team too. He'd do a lot more with Hale End than Arteta I am fully confident.

I can't get past the Sp**s things though, so he was never my first choice but he would no doubt be a step up. Atleast Arteta is an Arsenal guy I guess.

He's a fantastic manager and improved two premiership squads without spending loads so in theory we needed him. My only thing is he's never won anything and we've seen he can get into a strop in public.

Has a proven track record with integrating youth into first team too. He'd do a lot more with Hale End than Arteta I am fully confident.

I can't get past the Sp**s things though, so he was never my first choice but he would no doubt be a step up. Atleast Arteta is an Arsenal guy I guess.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I think he is a good manager but I'm just not seeing the chemistry between him and what I want to see Arsenal achieve. Thankfully he seems to be a pretty loyal guy so even if no club has come in for him since he was sacked(quite telling) I hope he will still refuse Arsenal because of his Tottenham connection which is good! Got to respect him for that at the very least!

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yeah don't get me wrong, I think he is a good manager but I'm just not seeing the chemistry between him and what I want to see Arsenal achieve. Thankfully he seems to be a pretty loyal guy so even if no club has come in for him since he was sacked(quite telling) I hope he will still refuse Arsenal because of his Tottenham connection which is good! Got to respect him for that at the very least!
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...be-a-farmer-than-manage-arsenal-a3750136.html

People change their minds in football but I think you're right, I can't see him doing it anyways.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Wasn’t aware he was responsible for Hoffeinheim. What they did in their promotion season was unheard of, my respect for this man I know nothing about has tripled.

Didn’t know he was responsible for Red Bull as well. Is this guy football Jesus ffs. Pay him whatever he wants.

A lot f people actually say Ulm is his masterpiece. Think they're somewhere in nowhere land now, and they were before him. Very good work indeed. And after that he built two franchises. That's seriously out of the ordinary.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Toby man. :rofl:

If it was any other poster I’d say you’re being harsh but Breezy actually had a problem with Marcus Rashford campaigning to feed hungry kids so fair enough.

Yeah, not getting pissed off for no reason.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The club put out feelers this week that they're all behind "Project Arteta". Great, but is Arteta onboard with Project Arsenal? For the long haul that is.

If we give Arteta the keys to the kingdom and let him run the show, where are we going to be after he leaves? This isn't even an abstract worry. Arteta's already left us for what he felt was a better opportunity than staying here. He was the same in his playing days

I fear any structure in place will be Arteta's structure, not Arsenal's. Therefore collapsing when he leaves. We need a structure where we can bring in a manager and have him succeed, rather than living and dying completely by who's in the dugout.

We need to decide as a club how we want to play football and put in place a recruitment, youth team and training to reflect that. Hire managers who fit in that philosophy.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Right, if he loses the next three games... who comes in to get us back on track?

Do we go all out for Potchettino and give him the January window to start working?

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom