• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

novar

Disappointing today, nowhere near the worst player on the pitch but couldn't really get involved and in the end resigned himself to send crosses in, like everyone else.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
DY6DRxnW4AgzThv.jpg

Me to Willian fans

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
His general idea seems to be dribble until fouled, he does pick up a lot of frees. If we could get a serious target man all the frees and crosses might make sense.

Polar Bear

Willian has been an absoutley awful signing, he is so bad its unreal.

Chelsea have duped us again.

All he does every game is try to dribble with the ball and then when he realizes he can't beat the man he just falls over on the floor, or he hits a cross so hard that it totally misses everyone and goes out on the other side for a throw in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s come and done what I expected I’m not even mad. I said in summer he’s good for 5 goals 5 assists.

Prob even less goals cause he’s not on pens. Him and Arteta deserve each other really, good luck to em both.

DasBootist

Willian has been an absoutley awful signing, he is so bad its unreal.

Chelsea have duped us again.

All he does every game is try to dribble with the ball and then when he realizes he can't beat the man he just falls over on the floor, or he hits a cross so hard that it totally misses everyone and goes out on the other side for a throw in.
He was a free agent. We duped ourselves

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Okay, I need help with this one. Willian. Willian. Previously, I spoke about how the Willian transfer could negatively affect Nelson and Pepe. Despite, Nelson playing well on midweek he loses his place to the “experienced” Willian. Firstly, experience is the MOST OVERRATED attribute to have in football. All experience means is that the manager has trust in someone that they don’t have teach anything new to. It doesn’t even make sense because Willian has never played in a system like this before, so ironically he actually has little experience. You might as well use Nelson or Pepe who have a higher upside. When you apply for a job and it requires a minimum of X amount of years of experience; they’re simply weeding out candidates that they don’t have to teach. It’s kinda lazy imo.
Anyways that’s not main concern. It’s bothered me for a long time but I didn’t know how to articulate this. Arteta seems very big on trying to change the culture of Arsenal. Fine, nothing wrong with that. So why are we relying on ex-Chelsea players to help us “change the culture”? The culture at Chelsea is very different to us. For one managers come and go there so why would Arteta show faith in players that will most likely see him get sacked. It’s an open secret that if David Luiz don’t like you he can very easily turn the squad against you. Is that the type of culture we want at our club? Do Chelsea even like or respect Arsenal? I mean sure we both hate Sp**s but that’s it. To me, Arteta picking Willian over “one of us” highlights why I don’t think he understands the culture he’s trying to change. Now maybe Nelson isn’t a world beater but a kid that’s been at Arsenal his whole knows what the NLD is way more than Willian ever would

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He was one of Chelsea's most effective players last season and now he's a liability.

With so many players in appalling form, it has to be a coaching issue.

He played for a new contract and is or will be a year older. Plus he's Brazilian. Most of them go on holiday by the time they hit 31/32 the latest.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom