• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Didn’t Arteta drop Martinelli for Nketiah before he got injured? Obviously you don’t want to put pressure on a youngster just back from injury but our attack has been so clueless it’s impossible not to have high expectations.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not preferred but Id take it if it gets him on the pitch sooner when he’s fully fit. Few you’d back more to take their chance and play their way into more game time than Martinelli.

With him back in the team the left side has the potential to be absolutely devastating.

Martinelli-CF -RW
—Saka-MF-MF
Tierney-CB-CB-RB
————GK

I think your expectations of him are a bit too high. He’s not really someone who gets on the ball and influences build up play, so unless we have a more creative presence in the middle, he’ll be marginalised on the touchline just like Auba. They’re both kick and rush.

I don’t quite have the vocabulary to describe how much I hate the sight of strikers on the wing. Especially in a system that depends on players staying within zones.

Even someone like Mbappé, I feel would be outscoring Haaland if he was being used by Tuchel and Deschamps the way he was used by Jardim alongside Germain or Falcao.

We have Saka and Nelson who are comfortably better on the left. Skilled dribblers who can create. And we are suffering badly from a lack of dynamism and ruthlessness in the box.

A striker who runs channels to stretch defenders and attacks crosses. That’s Martinelli.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think your expectations of him are a bit too high. He’s not really someone who gets on the ball and influences build up play, so unless we have a more creative presence in the middle, he’ll be marginalised on the touchline just like Auba. They’re both kick and rush.

I don’t quite have the vocabulary to describe how much I hate the sight of strikers on the wing. Especially in a system that depends on players staying within zones.

Even someone like Mbappé, I feel would be outscoring Haaland if he was being used by Tuchel and Deschamps the way he was used by Jardim alongside Germain or Falcao.

We have Saka and Nelson who are comfortably better on the left. Skilled dribblers who can create. And we are suffering badly from a lack of dynamism and ruthlessness in the box.

A striker who runs channels to stretch defenders and attacks crosses. That’s Martinelli.
If we play possession football. I’m sure Martinelli is capable to use skill moves to dribble players, control the ball in tight space, make beautiful teamwork passes and contribute in the build up play. If he is like auba, then fxxk this world we have shxt strikers who are just poachers/goal scorers.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Didn’t Arteta drop Martinelli for Nketiah before he got injured? Obviously you don’t want to put pressure on a youngster just back from injury but our attack has been so clueless it’s impossible not to have high expectations.

Not really because Martinelli mostly played LW whenever he did play, mostly during Auba's suspension for that red card vs Palace. When Auba came back he slotted back in. It was Laca who was dropped for Nketiah.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The best natural goal scorer we have , even at such a young age i know he'll fulfill expectations #BEAST
Martinelli is not only a goal scorer. If he is then fxxk out of our club.

We need a Bergkamp, Van Persie, Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......Not a fxxking limited goal scorer who contribute nothing in the general play.

I’m sure Martinelli is not a limited poacher. I see some brazilian skilful vibe in his play. Now what we should do is get rid of all the limited goal scorers (auba/laca/nketiah) and buy some more creative/skillful forwards.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
I just remembered he's not registered in the Europa league. Not going to see him in the final group games unfortunately.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s just back from a knee injury, he was never going to play in the EL registered or not.

It’ll be U23 games for him, like with all long term injuries.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Won’t see him at his best probably deep into next season. So much pressure on kids at this club, and when they don’t play well they’ll get rubbished.

The stuff I was reading about Saliba in the summer was OTT too, for a minute I thought we had a 24 year old Rio Ferdinand joining us.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Excellent news, should be first team ready by early Jan maybe even late December.

Buzzing to see him play again, could genuinely inject that electricity this attack so badly needs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Welcome back Gabi. Shame no more europa league games to give him minutes. He won't solve the attacking slump we having right now so no need to rush

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I fear that we are going to put so much pressure on this kid, I mean I believe in the hype around him and genuinely wish him well but I don't want to make my expectations so high and then we rush him back and we have another Partey situation on our hands.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Great news he is returning but I certainly don't want Arteta to do his injury again by rushing him back in like he did with Partey unortunately. Will he even play him in the PL games in a few weeks or just more the FA cup & Caraboa cup games?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I fear that we are going to put so much pressure on this kid, I mean I believe in the hype around him and genuinely wish him well but I don't want to make my expectations so high and then we rush him back and we have another Partey situation on our hands.
No need to put pressure on him he as talented as saka also will take pressure off saka because all eyes on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom