• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we paid anywhere remotely close to that number, we got mugged in broad daylight. FFS, Johnny ****ing Evans went for 3M a year earlier to Leicester.

Looks like the Willain total outlay may be 33M based on the 220K week total reported, although on it'll be 120k/week or 6M/year on wages, which means with shelled out 15M on signing bonuses and 'other fees'.

Pretty sure there will be more iffy numbers to come out of the Cedric and Mari deals.

These deals don't look smart if these numbers are even remotely close.

In these times it is inevertible you have to pay some agent and other fees to sign players. So no doubt we did like all clubs. But I'm a bit sceptical about those figures from Amy for two reasons. One is that it is becoming apparent that these journalists have got no clue whatsoever about the finer details of a player's contract. They rely on 'sources'. Sometimes it is the truth, other times not so much. Perfect example is that The Athletic was adamant Luiz signed a two year deal when he moved to us. Turned out he was only given a one year contract. To me if they can get such basic info about the length of a contract wrong, how confident can we be for them to get the finer details and the exact breakdown of the contract right? They might be right, who knows but they could easily have got it wrong again.

Secondly, we still don't pay out as much in agents/intermediaries as other clubs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53170215

Having said all of that it is concerning the way we seem to be wasting money in the transfer market. I'm not as critical as others about Mari and Cedric but it does seem like it wasn't the wisest decision when we seem to be well stocked in those areas. Also spending nearly £30m on Saliba when it seems he is a long way from the first team is bad use of resources.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Carragher acting like Willian is some scrub ffs he was best chelsea player last season maybe along with Pulisic. what's wrong with this transfer is the length of the contract nothing to do with the quality.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He wasn’t Chelsea’s best player, only Arsenal fans say this.
maybe not best but he was in top 3 he was good with them last season. but to be fair he not player that's give 7/10 every game that what chelsea fans did warn us about.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
you can't blame kia for this you blame Edu and Arteta they easily should have said no after he said Willian want 3 years contract that's why chelsea wanted 2 years maximum.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Never got William, he never impressed me, such a one dimensional player. Has the creativity or a cabbage. The only possible thing that I can think of that makes him Brazilian could be how he grooms himself downstairs.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A lot of this Kia influence stuff is rumour and conjecture. We don't know exactly what's been going on. I find it almost impossible to believe the £25m Luiz stuff is correct for example.

Irrespective we need to firmly kick this guy and whatever influence he has / had to the curb, if only for PR. I've no doubt he's as dodgy as hell. If you're going to get into bed with one of these slime ball agents at least make it one of the top ones.

Top Bottom