• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
i understand the need of him to start games but throw him like Willock Saka just like that it'll take them a while better send them a loan to get used of top level football like Chelsea did with Mount Abraham Tomori for example. both Bolagun and Azeez need 1 or 2 loan before even being considered to first team football.
Actually I disagree here.

Azeez IMO doesn't really need to be loaned. Balogun could do with it simply because he's outgrown U23 football almost completely and needs the football ASAP. Azeez hasn't yet, and I think by the time he does, he'll be ready to be part of the rotation in our midfield. He's too good to be loaned.

Arteta is an opp man. Gave our highest rated youngster the least amount of minutes. I'm pissed off man. Here's hoping he gets some game time in the FA C....Looòool. I couldn't even finish off that sentence. Elneny and Cellabos step right up.
He arguably won't be seen again until next season.

If anyone wants to see Azeez, get creative at finding U23 streams.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
On a serious note, this kid is special. I'm not as knowledgeable on youth players as someone like @MutableEarth but I know this kid is spoken of very highly. My friend is a youth academy nut and he tells me to put all my stocks him. He's a Chelsea fan so he has no reason to hype up an Arsenal player. We really need him playing against men sooner than later.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Actually I disagree here.

Azeez IMO doesn't really need to be loaned. Balogun could do with it simply because he's outgrown U23 football almost completely and needs the football ASAP. Azeez hasn't yet, and I think by the time he does, he'll be ready to be part of the rotation in our midfield. He's too good to be loaned.

He arguably won't be seen again until next season.

If anyone wants to see Azeez, get creative at finding U23 streams.
i don't mind him getting minutes with the team but you know how fans are few bad games and they'll ask him to be sold.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
On a serious note, this kid is special. I'm not as knowledgeable on youth players as someone like @MutableEarth but I know this kid is spoken of very highly. My friend is a youth academy nut and he tells me to put all my stocks him. He's a Chelsea fan so he has no reason to hype up an Arsenal player. We really need him playing against men sooner than later.
Most of our young players, as talented as quite a few of them are, have an air of ambiguity about their chances of succeeding at Arsenal. Even for some of the better ones, it's usually touch and go, dependent on opportunity and seizing it, regardless of anything positive I say about them.

Azeez doesn't have that ambiguity. At all. It's considered a formality that he makes it here. That's how highly rated he is. Again, I know I'm stuck on this and still a tiny bit bitter ( :mad::mad::mad: ) but we had a potentially complete midfield within our grasp with Azeez-Musah as a double pivot. 2 perfect midfielders. As it is, we managed to save one of them. And fortunately, we have other talented CMs to come. But Azeez is the one.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Most of our young players, as talented as quite a few of them are, have an air of ambiguity about their chances of succeeding at Arsenal. Even for some of the better ones, it's usually touch and go, dependent on opportunity and seizing it, regardless of anything positive I say about them.

Azeez doesn't have that ambiguity. At all. It's considered a formality that he makes it here. That's how highly rated he is. Again, I know I'm stuck on this and still a tiny bit bitter ( :mad::mad::mad: ) but we had a potentially complete midfield within our grasp with Azeez-Musah as a double pivot. 2 perfect midfielders. As it is, we managed to save one of them. And fortunately, we have other talented CMs to come. But Azeez is the one.
Guess we're gonna have to settle for Azeez-Patino instead. England stealing from the Spanish like it's 1585 all over again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As it is, we managed to save one of them. And fortunately, we have other talented CMs to come. But Azeez is the one.
Will be interesting to see what happens with Patino given the fact that Partey is 27 and Azeez could be a first team player earlier than him. Would be a shame if he doesn't get a chance because he was late to the party

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There's nothing Spanish about Azeez, though, tbf (he's of Nigerian descendence I think)...

except his quality. ;)
Azeez is half Nigerian and half Spanish. Born here so he plays for England.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Patino given the fact that Partey is 27 and Azeez could be a first team player earlier than him. Would be a shame if he doesn't get a chance because he was late to the party

Patino definitely gets a chance IMO. He's a smart player with a wiry physique who does a lot of good work. They like Patino about as much as they like Azeez.

Ciscoo

He has 1 year and a half left with a 2 year extension option. The deal he signed was a unique one - he's the only scholar I can remember who's first deal was a 3 year, plus it had a 2 year extension on it. It's basically a 5 year deal and so far there's 3 and a half years left on it. He isn't going anywhere!

After losing his long-time midfield partner Yunus Musah ( :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:) to Valencia, they were not taking any chances with Azeez, and rightly so. Azeez is potentially a top 5 PL CM, if not better.

Fantastic news. I was so gutted that we lost Musah, if he chooses England that would’ve been a guaranteed £30m at the very least.

I hate to dig up old wounds, but did we try everything to keep him? He found a good pathway to the first team with Valencia, but we’re hardly a difficult side to break into right now.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Azeez is half Nigerian and half Spanish. Born here so he plays for England.

Really? I've never heard that. I know Patino's parents are from A Coruña but I've never read anything about Miguel having any Spanish blood.

https://megasportsarena.com/miguel-azeez-keeps-his-decision-open-over-nigeria-spain-england-future/

Interesting, would seem you're right. I wonder where his father/mother is from and if he speaks spanish...

That's cool though, another reason for me to love him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fantastic news. I was so gutted that we lost Musah, if he chooses England that would’ve been a guaranteed £30m at the very least.

I hate to dig up old wounds, but did we try everything to keep him? He found a good pathway to the first team with Valencia, but we’re hardly a difficult side to break into right now.
We tried desperately hard to keep him. He was playing U18 games at 14 years old :lol:. We did everything we could - we just couldn't offer him a quicker pathway to first team football than Valencia could, and especially after their financial woes last season, he ended up in their starting XI even earlier than expected so the move really paid off for him. We wouldn't have been able to do that for him. Think about it like this - his midfield partner was the eponymous Miguel Azeez, a player who is just as talented. Azeez barely plays U23 football and only today received a 10 minute debut and probably won't play a minute of first team football again after this unless we get a League 2 team in the 4th round of the FA Cup (provided we beat Newcastle, definitely not a given). That could quite easily have been Musah had he not left. He's now one of the best players at Valencia and is a USA international.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Patino definitely gets a chance IMO. He's a smart player with a wiry physique who does a lot of good work. They like Patino about as much as they like Azeez.
If he doesn't do a Musah/Amaechi to us. Think most of the top talents in recent years got a decent chance, except for Trea Coyle who didn't develop as was expected. It's safe to say now that we didn't overrate youngsters like so many people believed, it really is a special group and we already have some new boys coming through

Ciscoo

We tried desperately hard to keep him. He was playing U18 games at 14 years old :lol:. We did everything we could - we just couldn't offer him a quicker pathway to first team football than Valencia could, and especially after their financial woes last season, he ended up in their starting XI even earlier than expected so the move really paid off for him. We wouldn't have been able to do that for him. Think about it like this - his midfield partner was the eponymous Miguel Azeez, a player who is just as talented. Azeez barely plays U23 football and only today received a 10 minute debut and probably won't play a minute of first team football again after this unless we get a League 2 team in the 4th round of the FA Cup (provided we beat Newcastle, definitely not a given). That could quite easily have been Musah had he not left. He's now one of the best players at Valencia and is a USA international.

Such a shame. He came across well in interviews too. I feel it’s worse losing a player who you know has their head firmly screwed on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If he doesn't do a Musah/Amaechi to us. Think most of the top talents in recent years got a decent chance, except for Trea Coyle who didn't develop as was expected. It's safe to say now that we didn't overrate youngsters like so many people believed, it really is a special group and we already have some new boys coming through
Trae Coyle got hurt one too many times and it completely screwed up his development. He was once the best schoolboy in the country. Real shame it hasn't worked out for him so far but maybe he has a late bloomer career. A player with his technical quality should end up having a decent career.

Patino will stay IMO. He's spoken at length about his commitment to the Arsenal project and comes across extremely well as a character. He's been an U18 regular long before he was a scholar and he'll most likely end up playing U23 football before this season finishes. Given the paucity of ability and depth in midfield, he definitely has a chance in a few years time.

Such a shame. He came across well in interviews too. I feel it’s worse losing a player who you know has their head firmly screwed on.
Yeah. A real thoroughbred. He could be the player that finally moves the needle for USA. He's that good.

It's alright, Yunus is the most attacking of the bunch, we'll sign him back from Valencia in three years to create the perfect midfield of Patiño-Azeez-Musah, which will make us all forget Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta
£100m release clause. It's doable if we amass the right funds.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah. A real thoroughbred. He could be the player that finally moves the needle for USA. He's that good.
Is he really gonna stick with US? He was captaining England U16 sides if I recall, surprised he'd choose the U.S.

Balogun is gonna play for U.S. too? They are actually amassing a lot of talent if those two choose them, that's Reyna, Pulisic, the young defender at Bayern, McKennie, De la Fuente, Dest...that's a good squad in a couple of years if you add Musah and Balogun to it.

Top Bottom