• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Okay, I need help with this one. Willian. Willian. Previously, I spoke about how the Willian transfer could negatively affect Nelson and Pepe. Despite, Nelson playing well on midweek he loses his place to the “experienced” Willian. Firstly, experience is the MOST OVERRATED attribute to have in football. All experience means is that the manager has trust in someone that they don’t have teach anything new to. It doesn’t even make sense because Willian has never played in a system like this before, so ironically he actually has little experience. You might as well use Nelson or Pepe who have a higher upside. When you apply for a job and it requires a minimum of X amount of years of experience; they’re simply weeding out candidates that they don’t have to teach. It’s kinda lazy imo.
Anyways that’s not main concern. It’s bothered me for a long time but I didn’t know how to articulate this. Arteta seems very big on trying to change the culture of Arsenal. Fine, nothing wrong with that. So why are we relying on ex-Chelsea players to help us “change the culture”? The culture at Chelsea is very different to us. For one managers come and go there so why would Arteta show faith in players that will most likely see him get sacked. It’s an open secret that if David Luiz don’t like you he can very easily turn the squad against you. Is that the type of culture we want at our club? Do Chelsea even like or respect Arsenal? I mean sure we both hate Sp**s but that’s it. To me, Arteta picking Willian over “one of us” highlights why I don’t think he understands the culture he’s trying to change. Now maybe Nelson isn’t a world beater but a kid that’s been at Arsenal his whole knows what the NLD is way more than Willian ever would

For a free I thought it was good business. In my defence I thought he would be played in the middle and not every bl00dy game. I didnt think he would affect players like Nelson or Pepe. Also in my defence, I thought Arteta would make sensible decisions!

Legend14

Established Member
For a free I thought it was good business. In my defence I thought he would be played in the middle and not every bl00dy game. I didnt think he would affect players like Nelson or Pepe. Also in my defence, I thought Arteta would make sensible decisions!
You said it. Free. Experienced, gives us depth when needed. I had thumbs up. Regretting it.

Toast

Established Member

Willian is not happy at The Arsenal.

Tell you what, don't think many are happy with him being here either.

giphy.gif

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Terrible signing, has been dreadful so far. And we're stuck with him for 2.5 years

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t say the actual signing of Willian in itself was poor. If we’d got Aouar or Pepe had kicked on a bit then Willian as deputy, a proven experienced player wouldn’t have been bad business at all.

However we all know it hasn’t worked out like that and any seemingly decent form he had for Chelsea last season has long since abandoned him.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Wouldn’t say the actual signing of Willian in itself was poor. If we’d got Aouar or Pepe had kicked on a bit then Willian as deputy, a proven experienced player wouldn’t have been bad business at all.

However we all know it hasn’t worked out like that and any seemingly decent form he had for Chelsea last season has long since abandoned him.

Bruh just stop. Even the Chelsea fans were saying Willian was **** and only played well for like 5 games the whole season.

He has always been inconsistent. Never a great player, only decent at his best.

Why would it be a good idea to sign a Chelsea player that is already 32? Especially a player who relied a lot on his athleticism to be effective.

Arteta's job should be on the line for wanting Willian, Cedric and extending Luiz (a man who singlehandedly conceded 5 penalties last season). Seems like Arteta is a double agent and **** that corrupt bum Kia too.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Willian or Mkhitarayan? High-key Mkhi was better for us and I despised Mkhitarayan.
I cannot believe Arsenal made the same mistake with Willian like we did with Mkhi. Worst thing is that Willian is older than Mkhi and on higher wages. This club refuses to learn from their mistakes.

novar

You lot are seriously underrating what an achievement is to create PL goals under Artetaball.

If his sadness helps to Arteta being sacked he's already above the likes of Rosicky for me

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bruh just stop. Even the Chelsea fans were saying Willian was **** and only played well for like 5 games the whole season.

He has always been inconsistent. Never a great player, only decent at his best.

Why would it be a good idea to sign a Chelsea player that is already 32? Especially a player who relied a lot on his athleticism to be effective.

Arteta's job should be on the line for wanting Willian, Cedric and extending Luiz (a man who singlehandedly conceded 5 penalties last season). Seems like Arteta is a double agent and **** that corrupt bum Kia too.

That must be why Chelsea wanted to keep him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Willans inconsistency was a well known gripe with Chelsea fans tbh. He’s always split opinion over there.

For the record I don’t think he’s a bad player, I’d have wanted him here in his prime for sure.

He’s a flat signing at this stage of his career and living proof that we just haven’t learned when it comes to handing out contracts that don’t benefit the club enough.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
That must be why Chelsea wanted to keep him.

Mourinho wanted him as well and Barca were linked recently. I think he’s better than what we’re seeing here. Arteta has a special ability to make players look worse than they are even Granit Xavi has started to look like a poundland Charlie Adam.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom