• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | Sunday, December 13 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who can we get to replace Arteta?

I really don't mind Arsène but no way is he coming back after how we threated him.
Wouldn’t want him back. I figured we’d have to take a step back to go forward. Still have to stick to that. Not easy to replace a legend but it was time for fresh blood, regardless.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I like Arteta. I think most of the fanbase has been warm to him, even until now (this forum is a bit unrepresentative), but as with Emery at the end, regardless of other things, I had a hard and fast rule about results for these three matches. I doubt we will beat both Southampton and Everton after this so the club really should start talking to potential replacements immediately with a view to a change before the cup game against City at the latest.
It's nothing personal. I didn't dislike Emery, I thought he looked like a nice man, and I don't dislike Arteta. But the situation is now dangerous and you cannot allow the team to float further down the league in a rudderless manner. Stranger things have happened than Arsenal getting relegated but if we did it would be a financial disaster and accelerate our march down the pecking order of English, European and world football.

The priority now has to be to steady the ship. Arteta can't be given licence to relegate this squad just because he's young, says the right things or whatever. It's a results game.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So much of this is just objectively funny. Arteta saying he wants the Emirates to be a fortress and then losing 4 home games in a row for the first time since the 50's. Our 300k a week striker finally scoring an open play goal after 11 games and it's an own goal. Xhaka letting Emery down, Arteta putting his trust in him and rehabilitating him and then a year later Xhaka lets him down.

You've got to laugh :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This is it for me. He’s picking his XI based on who follows his instructions. That matters more to him than anything. Every facet of the way we play needing to follow a premeditated script is what will get him fired.
This. Unfortunately for us, his instructions are crap and he doesn't realise they are.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah but there's enough talent there surely to get more than 0 out of 12 points at home to Leicester/Villa/Wolves/Burnley?

Yeah of course, cant disagree with that and its down to the manager starting players like Xhaka in the first place.

But whilst they're still here they'll ultimately continue bringing the squad down. Lacazette? Incredible change to score in the first half. Abysmal. Bellerin? Abysmal. Xhaka? Don't even get me started with that clown.

Reactions: A_G

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
mood

ExcellentThirdBumblebee-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom