• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Time to blow it up and start again.

I'm praying we've learnt our lesson, the short term slather of sh!t does not work, out of all of the older players we've signed I think only Aubameyang has been a definitive success.

We cannot afford the wages and signing on fee for someone like Willian again for it to be a complete failure.

We should be identifying young players and start planning a rebuild for CL in two or three years, short term and Arsenal ain't mixing.

Our board are stupid though so Cavani on a free next year to solve our goal drought?

Legend14

Established Member
Leno- good keeper

Bellerin- not good enough.
AMN- has potential but at the minute not good enough.
Sokratis- not good enough.
Mustafi- terrible player.
Holding- back up
Chambers- not good enough
Saliba- promising young player.
Gabriel- good CB
Luiz- past it
Mari- back up
Kolasinac- terrible player
Tierney- good LB

Xhaka- disgraced the club, should be gone.
ElNeny- not good enough
Ceballos- not good enough
Partey- world class cm
Özil- finished
Willock- young, needs a loan
ESR- young, needs a loan
Nelson- young, needs a loan
Saka- good young player, should be a squad player.

Martinelli- good young player, should be a squad player.
Pepe- inconsistent, has talent, needs a run of games, the jury is still out.
Auba- proven top class goalscorer
Lacazette- no where near good enough.
Eddie- back up at best.

Am I missing anyone? I count 4 players that are first 11 quality, a few that are good squad players, then a massive drop in quality with players that shouldn't be anywhere near Arsenal.

Change the manager if you want, if the quality of the squad isn't drastically improved very quickly, then we have no chance.

Agree with most.

Saka is a proven starter. Makes things happen on the pitch. Needs to focus when finishing.

Martinelli has the attitude, pace, technique, finishing of a potential superstar. Lets see how he comes back from injury. It may take a while longer to return to form. Squad now, starter later.

I count 6/11.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We are set to lose Özil, Mustafi Sokratis Luiz at the end of the year.

Lacazette, Nketiah, Chambers and Kolasinac at the end of next.

We should be selling those 4 this summer. None should get new contracts. If we're serious about Balogun we sell Eddie.

We should be selling Xhaka and Bellerin too.

10 first team players gone. The rebuild could catapult us or destroy us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We should be selling those 4 this summer. None should get new contracts. If we're serious about Balogun we sell Eddie.

I don't see how losing all that trash could destroy us, I mean it doesnt guarantee we'll get much better but we're in desperate need of a full with this squad. Problem is we've recruited guys like Cedric and Mari taking up places and probably won't contribute much. Add in Willian too. But I suppose it's still a lot better than the current mess.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree with most.

Saka is a proven starter. Makes things happen on the pitch. Needs to focus when finishing.

Martinelli has the attitude, pace, technique, finishing of a potential superstar. Lets see how he comes back from injury. It may take a while longer to return to form. Squad now, starter later.

I count 6/11.

Is he? Would he get a game for the other top 6 sides? I love him and think he's a great young player, but I don't think he is ready to be starting every week for a top side in an attacking position. His numbers aren't there yet.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

I don't see how losing all that trash could destroy us, I mean it doesnt guarantee we'll get much better but we're in desperate need of a full with this squad. Problem is we've recruited guys like Cedric and Mari taking up places and probably won't contribute much. Add in Willian too. But I suppose it's still a lot better than the current mess.

I said the rebuild not losing those players. If we don't do smart recruitment to replace them and make the se mistakes we have done in terms of recruitment it'll destroy us

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My views must be different to everyone else.

I'd be happy with
Leno
New RB Holding Gabriel Tierney
Partey New MF Willock
Saka New CF Martinelli

Runarrsson
Cedric
Mari
Elneny
ERS
Nelson
Willian
Aubameyang
Nketiah

Bin those listed above except Nketiah and bring in three solid players in those positions. I'm still a firm believer we aren't a million miles away. Big thing is cut the wage bill dramatically and invest in 3 quality additions.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No matter what next summer will see big changes i think we'll even be forced to sell for cheap some of our players so other teams can afford their wages. Guys like Torreira Xhaka Elneny Kola even laca could be sold way below thier actual value.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No matter what next summer will see big changes i think we'll even be forced to sell for cheap some of our players so other teams can afford their wages. Guys like Torreira Xhaka Elneny Kola even laca could be sold way below thier actual value.
Yes, but we could make up for it by getting rid of their salaries and using more academy players, and their value will go up much faster

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yes, but we could make up for it by getting rid of their salaries and using more academy players, and their value will go up much faster
you right we need to do something with them having them here specially this season is just destroying everything having big squad never healthy.

OSBK

Established Member

100% agree

The question is do we trust arteta to go out and buy the replacements, then i suppose do the board trust arteta to buy the players. Then if the board are buying the players who is actually the manager, if the players know arteta has no power then how can he manage the players.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

100% agree

The question is do we trust arteta to go out and buy the replacements, then i suppose do the board trust arteta to buy the players. Then if the board are buying the players who is actually the manager, if the players know arteta has no power then how can he manage the players.

Arteta's been hit and miss so far. People we know he's actually been involved in:

Willian
Luiz
Partey
Gabriel

Not convinced the others were his or he wanted them really. If he and Edu keep making Gabriel signings then I have hope, that's what we need the club to do repeatedly to get us back up

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Picking up on @DanDare 's great work on possible acquisitions for us. Herewith our list of players on their way this season's end.

Sokratis
Özil
Luiz
Mustafi
Ceballos*

Herewith players entering their final year.

Lacazette
Kolasinac
Elneny
Chambers
Nketiah

These players all need to be sent packing, there has to be an active strategy to get them out.

In addition we need to get Willian (2023), Xhaka (2023), Bellerin (2023), Cedric (2024), Mari (2024) out the door if we can as well.

Cedric, Mari, 2024... JH Christ.

It obviously means we need to probably bring in at least 5 players in the summer window. If we are serious about our near future, then we have no choice.

Get Rangnick and Potchettino/Rodgers on board and sell them this plan. Let them get started on this project. It will probably cost 300m plus, but a necessary investment.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Leno
New RB - New CB - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - New CM
Pepe - New AM/CM - Saka
Auba​

Squad: New GK, AMN, Saliba, Holding, New LB, Willock, New CM, Nelson, ESR, Balogun, Martinelli, New CF

4 starting XI players
4 squad players

Big big big boy job

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Worst Arsenal squad since i start watching us early 2000 i can't believe the players we got in midfield it's not even championship quality. Honestly if we don't fix this soon we in for long and big trouble

Top Bottom