• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well he managed 20 years before the fans made it him impossible for him to operate.

Thanks for raising that bro, I love to take every opportunity to mention why our football and results are now mid table.
I think Wenger's record speaks for itself. The streak of CL qualifications is very impressive. It is also clear that with the league improving and the quality of our squad declining that we were on a downwards path in Wenger's latter years.

Think it is possible to acknowledge both these facts and having wanted us to move on from Wenger without that having been incorrect. Think all of us in the Wenger-Out brigade (and everyone in the Wenger-In group) had wished for a quicker rebuild, but it was always going to be difficult and unlikely. I for one was okay with any new manager being a roll of the dice. In my view Wenger's time was up for some time and we needed to start a new chapter. The ride after he has left has been bumpy but I am fine with suffering through that and giving managers enough time.

Finesse

Its seemed quite obvious all along that the ball was being played out to the wings because that’s where our most creative players were.

It still is the area with our most creative players. However with ESR there is an option for those players to combine , move , pass and get into spaces. See the second goal for example yesterday. That’s how a CAM or number 10 initiates a goal. Therefore it is equally obvious we have been lacking a number 10 or CAM to bring the team into play.

wolfkidultman

It still is the area with our most creative players. However with ESR there is an option for those players to combine , move , pass and get into spaces. See the second goal for example yesterday. That’s how a CAM or number 10 initiates a goal. Therefore it is equally obvious we have been lacking a number 10 or CAM to bring the team into play.

Yes, I know.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well he managed 20 years before the fans made it him impossible for him to operate.

Thanks for raising that bro, I love to take every opportunity to mention why our football and results are now mid table.

The man declined ffs just grow up and accept it you delusional fool!!!!!!

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
We looking a respectable team again the difference is just putting number 10 and drop off form players really not difficult not sure why Arteta took while to change
Well ESR was injured and Willian was trash.

Who else should he have tried there?

Willock, tried it.

Aouar was Arteta's top target

Stop going on like everyone else seen what he didn't.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think Wenger's record speaks for itself. The streak of CL qualifications is very impressive. It is also clear that with the league improving and the quality of our squad declining that we were on a downwards path in Wenger's latter years.

Think it is possible to acknowledge both these facts and having wanted us to move on from Wenger without that having been incorrect. Think all of us in the Wenger-Out brigade (and everyone in the Wenger-In group) had wished for a quicker rebuild, but it was always going to be difficult and unlikely. I for one was okay with any new manager being a roll of the dice. In my view Wenger's time was up for some time and we needed to start a new chapter. The ride after he has left has been bumpy but I am fine with suffering through that and giving managers enough time.

Makingtrax be like BUT SQUAD COST AND AFTV!!!!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Him not playing a creative playmaker and made changes like dropping Willian for example put saka in more advanced role could have make our position in table much better. He learning the job and this season was more about rebuilding developing youngsters see who's deserve to be here. This season still got 21 games to play for so a qualification to Europe is very achievable.
This is the type of progress I want to see from him. Looks like a matter of time before Auba starts firing again, dare I say it even Willian, Pepe and Nelson could benefit from this.

Having said that it’s a bit nuts that it’s taken him half a season to figure out that progressing play exclusively via the wings is a fool’s errand. I don’t want us lowering the bar too much for him.

Well done Mikel, you’ve won this battle but the war is not over!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This is the type of progress I want to see from him. Looks like a matter of time before Auba starts firing again, dare I say it even Willian, Pepe and Nelson could benefit from this.

Having said that it’s a bit nuts that it’s taken him half a season to figure out that progressing play exclusively via the wings is a fool’s errand. I don’t want us lowering the bar too much for him.

Well done Mikel, you’ve won this battle but the war is not over!

Mate, people were saying that avoiding relegation was the bar this season.

It can't get much lower.

Long may this improvement continue and he actually turns it around, but we should hold the club to higher standards.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He managed it when our rivals for 4th were Everton and Villa. That was before Klopp and Poch came along and retired Wenger he couldn’t compete with 5 other teams. 5th and 6th in his last 2 seasons.

Arteta is lucky Wenger left the standards low by leaving us marooned in 6th place miles off 4th and after being whipped out of Europe.
Nah, he beat Klopp and Poch in 2015/16 even with the worst injury record in the league. And Wenger only folded because of the planes, boycotts, protests and social media rants. :lol: It was the fans who forced him out of the top 4 after 20 incredible years straight with no blips. They dismantled a superbly run club for this ****.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really can't wait to see a fully fit Partey in our current setup

Willock, tried it.

While i agree but he could've put saka in more advanced role and dropped Willian earlier

Finesse

Willock, tried it.

The reason why Willian was played there was not because ESR was injured. Keep that in mind. Why even try Willock there? He is an attacking midfielder and hardly a creative spark in the mould we need. He had the summer to do that. He spent it chasing Aouar and ended up with nothing. For the interest of the team anyone would have rehabilitated Mesut and use him for the sake of the team. With ESR to come in and provide competition when needed. I am sure we would have picked up more points that we have done this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lads, Mikel knew we needed a 10.

Come on, Auoar was his no1 target.

Our midfield is trash through years of neglect.

He's not that stupid.
The thing is, we needed a ten but we had plenty of players with some no10 attributes that he could have used. Nelson, Saka and Willian could all have done a decent job as a 10. ESR isn’t exactly killing it, he’s just intelligently occupying those positions and enabling others.

Arteta even told us that Willian was brought in to play as the no10 and as a winger. He chose to abandon the no10 because he believed that was the way forward, not because he couldn’t get one.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The thing is, we needed a ten but we had plenty of players with some no10 attributes that he could have used. Nelson, Saka and Willian could all have done a decent job as a 10. ESR isn’t exactly killing it, he’s just intelligently occupying those positions and enabling others.

Arteta even told us that Willian was brought in to play as the no10 and as a winger. He chose to abandon the no10 because he believed that was the way forward, not because he couldn’t get one.
Exactly, or Mesut :lol:

Finesse

Lads, Mikel knew we needed a 10.

Come on, Auoar was his no1 target.

Our midfield is trash through years of neglect.

He's not that stupid.

He is was so sensible to know but did not end up securing what he knew what needed. What does that make him ?

Going into the season considering for obvious reasons he could not get his desired target , what did he decide to do with the closest player to what he knew we needed as a number 10 ? What does that make him?

Our midfield was thrash apparently but he added Partey and brought in Ceballos on loan. Reinstated Xhaka and convinced him to stay. Kept Elnenny and played him instead of sending him on loan as we all expected. All his decisions and player choices.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom