• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The reason why Willian was played there was not because ESR was injured. Keep that in mind. Why even try Willock there? He is an attacking midfielder and hardly a creative spark in the mould we need. He had the summer to do that. He spent it chasing Aouar and ended up with nothing. For the interest of the team anyone would have rehabilitated Mesut and use him for the sake of the team. With ESR to come in and provide competition when needed. I am sure we would have picked up more points that we have done this season.
Think he did try Willock there mate, last season and this season.

Finesse

Will be interesting if Arteta even knows how to use him, we kept bypassing him in first first few games when we were obsessed with going wide.

Partey is a top class player though, would be very difficult to not have him performing.

Been having a debate about this with some mates. I worry and hope he is able to use him. He was criminally bypassed during the Leicester game. It was terrible. He is the best we have an making forward passes into the pockets of space we hope the likes of EST drift into and intelligently spark a chance. Simone used Partey very intelligently and I hope Arteta does the same.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
He is was so sensible to know but did not end up securing what he knew what needed. What does that make him ?

Going into the season considering for obvious reasons he could not get his desired target , what did he decide to do with the closest player to what he knew we needed as a number 10 ? What does that make him?

Our midfield was thrash apparently but he added Partey and brought in Ceballos on loan. Reinstated Xhaka and convinced him to stay. Kept Elnenny and played him instead of sending him on loan as we all expected. All his decisions and player choices.
Not opening the Özil debate again but we still don't know if it was his or the club's decision.

I'm glad we didn't panic and but someone for the sake of it because we missed out on Aouar, like we have in the past.

Willian is on him I agree.

How did he manage to be so **** so quickly:lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
When you look at the attacking issues we've had. Let's look at it fairly.

Saying we should have been playing these younger attacking players from the start is more than a little unfair.

We all can see Saka, Martinelli and ESR have been the driving forces behind our attacking resurgence (Along with an in form Laca and KT.)

1- Saka has played continuously from day 1 this season.

2- Martinelli was out injured the whole time. Arteta pretty much brought him back into the side half match fit.

3- ESR- Was injured till October with his shoulder injury, then picked up another knock after. Bringing a young , untested player with quite an extensive injury list back slowly is not poor management.

In my opinion the valid criticism of Arteta is not getting the best out of Pepe, Willian etc in the early portion of the season, not not playing the kids earlier.

Finances look to have been stretched in the summer but not finding a way to bring in a number 10 during the window I lay at Arteta / Edu's door also. They knew Özil wasn't going to be registered. They left us short there.

Last edited:

sdotzdot

Established Member
Mate, people were saying that avoiding relegation was the bar this season.

It can't get much lower.

Long may this improvement continue and he actually turns it around, but we should hold the club to higher standards.
I think this is the biggest issue with Arsenal fans nowadays. I understand we should submit our expectations to be in line with reality, however we need to have some respect for ourselves and what we know and expect from Arsenal. The bar has been set so low that one win is enough to turn the tide for us/Arteta, that’s embarrassing.

I’m willing to give him time if he lets us play with more confidence like he done against West Brom, however everything I’ve seen from him over the past year suggests this is an anomaly against the worst team in the league. I’m happy to be proven wrong and he changes his ways but the evidence does not show anything to prove that so I have no idea why people are getting so excited. Desperately want him to shut me up, though. Let’s see how things go.

Finesse

Think he did try Willock there mate, last season and this season.

Was futile even attempting that. He is not that player. To occupy spaces between the lines , link up play and intelligently make the simple decisions that bring others into play. Willock is never that player. Watch Liecester currently ripping Newcastle apart and watch Maddison do what we are lacking. This is not Willock territory.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Was futile even attempting that. He is not that player. To occupy spaces between the lines , link up play and intelligently make the simple decisions that bring others into play. Willock is never that player. Watch Liecester currently ripping Newcastle apart and watch Maddison do what we are lacking. This is not Willock territory.
100% agree.

We had noone to do that job.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's scary and sad that fans could figure this out so early but our braniac coach couldn't. He even doubled down with his comments about crosses.

You're such a ***** man. In good form but you're STILL going over old ground.

ESR has come into the team, a natural number 10 and we're doing better. Something many people said would happen.

You cant just say "well Nelson, Willian and Ceballos wouldve worked there he should have done that"

Uhhh no, that isn't how it works. Its pretty clear all 3 of those wouldn't really work as natural number 10's. People are thick as donkey dicks on here.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The thing is, we needed a ten but we had plenty of players with some no10 attributes that he could have used. Nelson, Saka and Willian could all have done a decent job as a 10. ESR isn’t exactly killing it, he’s just intelligently occupying those positions and enabling others.

Arteta even told us that Willian was brought in to play as the no10 and as a winger. He chose to abandon the no10 because he believed that was the way forward, not because he couldn’t get one.

Then Arteta is an idiot. Willian is not a 10, was never a 10, and can never be an effective 10.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You're such a ***** man. In good form but you're STILL going over old ground.

ESR has come into the team, a natural number 10 and we're doing better. Something many people said would happen.

You cant just say "well Nelson, Willian and Ceballos wouldve worked there he should have done that"

Uhhh no, that isn't how it works. Its pretty clear all 3 of those wouldn't really work as natural number 10's. People are thick as donkey dicks on here.
ESR was fit at the end of October. Yet Arteta only brought him into the side when there was literally no one else he could turn to you sad waste of oxygen. And you don't need to have a natural no 10 to know to figure out that spamming 50 crosses in a game isn't the way to score in this league. But the sad part is our coach is as ret*rded as a 15 year old inbred like you.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think this is the biggest issue with Arsenal fans nowadays. I understand we should submit our expectations to be in line with reality, however we need to have some respect for ourselves and what we know and expect from Arsenal. The bar has been set so low that one win is enough to turn the tide for us/Arteta, that’s embarrassing.

I’m willing to give him time if he lets us play with more confidence like he done against West Brom, however everything I’ve seen from him over the past year suggests this is an anomaly against the worst team in the league. I’m happy to be proven wrong and he changes his ways but the evidence does not show anything to prove that so I have no idea why people are getting so excited. Desperately want him to shut me up, though. Let’s see how things go.

Basically, I've been adamant that I wished he turn it around and I actually hope he does, I was impressed with him when he first came in and greeted everybody at the club and sort of knew what Arsenal meant.

But some of the stuff I've seen this is has been as bad as Emery and sackable in any other club.

Hopefully he has learned from all of this and figures he needs to be a much better man manager and more flexible with things.

Not gonna lie tho, I did enjoy the handbreak call back.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
ESR was fit at the end of October. Yet Arteta only brought him into the side when there was literally no one else he could turn to you sad waste of oxygen. And you don't need to have a natural no 10 to know to figure out that spamming 50 crosses in a game isn't the way to score in this league. But the sad part is our coach is as ret*rded as a 15 year old inbred like you.
Did he not pick up another injury?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You do realise we are playing the exact same way, down the wings? But with a number 10 you have less opposing players marking the wings, bellerin and Tierney have more space, our wingers have more space... oh and the number 10 offers another option himself.

You're thick as pig **** honestly. Id get more sense talking to a cricket bat.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
He is was so sensible to know but did not end up securing what he knew what needed. What does that make him ?

Going into the season considering for obvious reasons he could not get his desired target , what did he decide to do with the closest player to what he knew we needed as a number 10 ? What does that make him?

Our midfield was thrash apparently but he added Partey and brought in Ceballos on loan. Reinstated Xhaka and convinced him to stay. Kept Elnenny and played him instead of sending him on loan as we all expected. All his decisions and player choices.

Özil was out of his hands, anyone can see the reasons were political. We need not go over that again. The fault was with Edu or the board not being able to get Aouar.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom