• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nas7232

There’s no need for Özil now that ESR has filled that role. Back up option of laca worked well too. As much as I like Özil, his petty tweets just bring divide.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the interest of completeness it should be pointed out that his post match player rating for this final game and the one before that (Europa loss) were extremely poor.

He was brilliant a few games prior against Newcastle.

This is what you get, the occasional brilliant game followed by phases of mediocrity. Not what we need now, plus he will be completely and utterly demotivated.
He was occasionally a liability for us, but more often than not, he made the team tick.

You don't just leave out a good player out of the team without having another option or plan.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He was occasionally a liability for us, but more often than not, he made the team tick.

You don't just leave out a good player out of the team without having another option or plan.

In recent years the team didn't tick even if he was playing. Just look at what happened last season, Emery would still be our manager right now if we ticked thanks of Özil. Özil is about as good a player right now as Xhaka, and if Xhaka is left out of the squad would you be demanding Arteta for "another option or plan"?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In recent years the team didn't tick even if he was playing. Just look at what happened last season, Emery would still be our manager right now if we ticked thanks of Özil. Özil is about as good a player right now as Xhaka, and leaving Özil out is like leaving Xhaka out.
you ignoring all the stats around you?

We just started winning after our worst start to the PL.
We have been dogshit even while winning. Except when Özil or ESR played.
I can count on a single hand the good performances, especially under Emery. And that was with Özil, except for the Sp**s win where Ramsey was the MotM IIRC.

I hope it continues, and if ESR keeps improving I will stop calling for Özil as we have a #10 in the team then.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Player wants to see out his contract, not essential to him whether he plays soccerball or not.

Club does not see the player in its long or short term plans and for whatever reason doesn't want to play the player in any capacity.

Arya.gif

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
What’s the coup here now? A few nice performances from ESR and things seem to have got spicy and a bit emotional in here... Where’s the connection? Is a performing ESR now carrying the argument against Özil’s expulsion?

Congrats! New levels of pointlessness reached.

He’s not coming back. Praise ESR in his thread instead of bumping this every time the boy puts on a show. Show some class.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Appreciate the snitch tag.

@Oxeki calm down brother, it's not that deep

No offence but there's a clear bias as to how people get treated on this thread, dependant on what views they have, maybe it's just due to people reporting stuff, I don't know.

Calling someone a cancer or cancerous isn't terrible in that context. It's been used by pundits on TV and in the media forever. There are articles online by legitimate sports outlets ranking 'The most cancerous players in the dressing room.' etc Anyone can look them up. If English isn't someone's first language I can see why It would look bad, but it's not.

Trusted Members are allowed to tell me to F off and erroneously label me a Xenophobe because I don't like a £350k a week footballer who's been in semi retirement for 3 years, but Oxeki using a phrase like that is worthy of sanction. Doesn't make sense.

Not even getting started on the fact that political stuff isn't allowed on here, fair enough. Yet this thread was running on the Chinese conspiracy theory in the summer and statements Özil made, which were in themselves inherently political in nature.

There is a level of whining, intolerance of other peoples opinions and pandering in this thread that you don't get in the Xhaka or Bellerin threads and those players have got absolutely battered and called every name under the sun.

Maybe there should be an Özil appreciation thread where Mesut's hardcore supporters can congregate where they don't have to deal with divergent opinions?

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've been of the opinion that this thread would be best locked. There is really nothing to see here.

The player will see out his contract. He has stated that. The club has not been able to shift him.

The club has not registered him, and clearly do not see a future for him here, even for the remainder of the contract.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
No offence but there's a clear bias as to how people get treated on this thread, dependant on what views they have, maybe it's just due to people reporting stuff, I don't know.

Calling someone a cancer or cancerous isn't terrible in that context. It's been used by pundits on TV and in the media forever. There are articles online by legitimate sports outlets rank 'The most cancerous players in the dressing room.' etc Anyone can look them up. If English isn't someone's first language I can see why It would look bad, but it's not.

Trusted Members are allowed to tell me to F off and erroneously label me a Xenophobe because I don't like a £350k a week footballer who's been in semi retirement for 3 years, but Oxeki using a phrase like that is worthy of sanction. Doesn't make sense.

Not even getting started on the fact that political stuff isn't allowed on here, fair enough. Yet this thread was running on the Chinese conspiracy theory in the summer and statements Özil made, which were in themselves inherently political in nature.

There is a level of whining, intolerance of other peoples opinions and pandering in this thread that you don't get in the Xhaka or Bellerin threads and those players have got absolutely battered and called every name under the sun.

Maybe there should be an Özil appreciation thread where Mesut's hardcore supporters can congregate where they don't have to deal with divergent opinions?
I remember the good old days when certain man moaning about the word ‘cancer’ were calling our longest serving manager and absolute legend ‘senile’ and it was cool
:shivering:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Calling someone a cancer or cancerous isn't terrible in that context. It's been used by pundits on TV and in the media forever. There are articles online by legitimate sports outlets ranking 'The most cancerous players in the dressing room.' etc Anyone can look them up. If English isn't someone's first language I can see why It would look bad, but it's not.

The double standard is staggering. Mustafi has been called worse but apparently when it comes to Özil, speech police comes out in full force.

I remember certain players being called worse names by particular posters. Anyway, let me not say anything else, lest I get banned.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Calling someone a cancer or cancerous isn't terrible in that context. It's been used by pundits on TV and in the media forever. There are articles online by legitimate sports outlets rank 'The most cancerous players in the dressing room.' etc Anyone can look them up. If English isn't someone's first language I can see why It would look bad, but it's not.
I know people think it's tone policing or whatever but surely we can discuss Özil without resorting to that? I remember when people used to call Wenger that and it always rubbed me the wrong way, no matter what people think of players/coaches they still represent Arsenal.
I haven't seen that, do you have a link?

Tbf the Xhaka has taken many casualties in terms of bannings. Bellerin I'm not as sure of, other than Mitch's posts which most take in good humour I haven't this level of vitriol towards him. People regularly attack Özil on a personal level, we even had someone say that it would've been better for the club if he had been killed by the guys that attacked him and Kolasinac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom