• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Stepping away from this thread and coming back can be like

dims

The Özil thread .... just doing Özil thread things.

Its nice to have some constants in this time of great uncertainty.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You know what point I was making and it had nothing to do with how you're trying to portray it. My grandfather has Alzheimer's for what it's worth.

In the way a lung cancer patients lungs become an ''Other'' by your own definition, a dementia patients brain becomes an ''Other''

Wow... OK. I'm done. You are either being deliberately obtuse, or your understanding of the word "other" is not what I believe is the common connotation.

I reiterate; cancerous is a hateful word that has no place in a thread about football.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wow... OK. I'm done. You are either being deliberately obtuse, or your understanding of the word "other" is not what I believe is the common connotation.

I reiterate; cancerous is a hateful word that has no place in a thread about football.

The analogies for both are the same the way you laid it out, I can't believe that you can't see that, in fact I'm pretty certain you can.

Cancer and dementia are caused by mutations / damage to cells that change them from what they were and their ability to function. Becoming an ''other'' by your own definition that you laid out previously. They are not what they once were or functioning as they did previously, they are different. An ''Other'' by definition.

All this to avoid admitting you might have been a tiny bit hypocritical with your remarks about Wenger :lol:

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Some quick thoughts on Mesut as I've seen this thread go from 0-100.
- Mesut will go down as one of the best players to put on this shirt (at his very best, he was breaking chances created, assists records etc.)
- I included, do not like or approve Mesut's tweets throughout the season, especially in our down turn in form or what appears to be subliminal shots.
- I do though understand, he has a brand to protect and the club has damaged that.
- I also believe no player is turning up into training or coaching staff and discussing tweets sent from a PR team that isn't even Mesut. I'd be surprised if he even knew his log in credentials to Twitter.
- It is time to move on, whether now or in the summer. Absolutely no need to magnify and microscope every tweet or exhaust his inclusion/exclusion.
- He served the club well, we made a mistake with his contract extension. Club should pay up and terminate his contract to continue to avoid any 'drama' around the club.

All that being said, we as a fanbase should absolutely not be stooping to the levels of Chelsea fans with labels of poor taste. Let's have some class ffs.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
My father died of Alzheimers on Boxing day 2019
Arsène Wenger was suffering from dementia

Leave that out. And probably cancer, too. Alzheimers is a horrible disease killing the brain and body functions from within. It's not just fun about losing your memory. Same goes for cancer. Comparisons of players with deadly diseases are imo off the mark.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Right, I've probably done a bit to turn this thread into a car crash today. I stand by everything I've said but I'm going to try and be a bit more positive... At least about the past :lol:

What are your top 3 Özil games for Arsenal or stand out moments in his time here?

For me

3. Everton vs Arsenal 17/18. A goal and assist. Great performance all around. I pick this one as there was a lot of criticism at the time that he didn't perform in away games. He was excellent here and turned up big time.

2-Arsenal vs Bayern 15 / 16. Must win game. Özil tore a pretty great Bayern team apart. Performed on the big stage and grabbed the second. Also put in a big defensive shift.

1-Arsenal vs Man Utd 15/16. Cazorla and Özil's link up play was sublime that day. They were cutting United's defence to ribbons at will. Özil got a goal and assist too. Probably overall my favourite Özil performance in an Arsenal shirt.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Right, I've probably done a bit to turn this thread into a car crash today. I stand by everything I've said but I'm going to try and be a bit more positive... At least about the past :lol:

What are your top 3 Özil games for Arsenal or stand out moments in his time here?

For me

3. Everton vs Arsenal 17/18. A goal and assist. Great performance all around. I pick this one as there was a lot of criticism at the time that he didn't perform in away games. He was excellent here and turned up big time.

2-Arsenal vs Bayern 15 / 16. Must win game. Özil tore a pretty great Bayern team apart. Performed on the big stage and grabbed the second. Also put in a big defensive shift.

1-Arsenal vs Man Utd 15/16. Cazorla and Özil's link up play was sublime that day. They were cutting United's defence to ribbons at will. Özil got a goal and assist too. Probably overall my favourite Özil performance in an Arsenal shirt.
@Riou

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil fans are so special. There are some players that gets called worse. Towards the end, an open season was declared on Wenger.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Calling someone a cancer is not really bad as rimaal is making it out to be.

The problem is not the word. The problem is that I used it on Özil :lol:

I bet if I used it on Willian or Xhaka or Mustafi, I wouldn't get a response from her or the other Özil acolytes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

For me

Three great games, I'll add...

1. Napoli (home) 2013...was superb this game, his best goal for us was scored here too...love football matches at night.

2. Argentina (World cup) 2014...girlfriend was over the moon after Özil won the world cup, so I had a great night after this...cheers for the assist Mes!

3. Chelsea (cup final) 2017...one of our best ever team performances, everyone was basically a 10/10 that day, including Mesut...tore Chelsea apart in this game.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Three great games, I'll add...

1. Napoli (home) 2013...was superb this game, his best goal for us was scored here too...love football matches at night.

2. Argentina (World cup) 2014...girlfriend was over the moon after Özil won the world cup, so I had a great night after this...cheers for the assist Mes!

3. Chelsea (cup final) 2017...one of our best ever team performances, everyone was basically a 10/10 that day, including Mesut...tore Chelsea apart in this game.

Good picks mate!

I was on a stag do in Hooters in Nottingham having some food for the Chelsea FA Cup final. I reckon I was the only guy in there with eyes fully on the football :lol:

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Leave that out. And probably cancer, too. Alzheimers is a horrible disease killing the brain and body functions from within. It's not just fun about losing your memory. Same goes for cancer. Comparisons of players with deadly diseases are imo off the mark.
Wtf, sir? I never posted that Arsène Wenger was suffering from dementia... Why have you done that? You haven't got to school me on what Alzheimers does to a human.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think it makes sense to rotate Özil with ESR. That way Emile gets a half season audition which allows the club to decide on if they want to get a 10 that benches him or competes with him.

It would also be about 20M-30M cheaper than signing someone in Jan.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Özil fans are so special. There are some players that gets called worse. Towards the end, an open season was declared on Wenger.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. Calling someone a cancer is not really bad as rimaal is making it out to be.

The problem is not the word. The problem is that I used it on Özil :lol:

I bet if I used it on Willian or Xhaka or Mustafi, I wouldn't get a response from her or the other Özil acolytes.

If someone finds something you say offensive the decent thing to do is to apologise to that person, even if that person was not the target of the offence. You can’t tell other people whether or not they should be offended by something you say.

I know of a couple who went to a stand-up comedy show. The comedian made a joke about dead babies and they stormed out, left and were distraught for days. The emotional connection being they had previously lost their newborn.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think it makes sense to rotate Özil with ESR. That way we see if Emile gets a half season audition which allows the club to decide on if they want to get a 10 that benches him or replaces him.

It would also be about 20M-30M cheaper than signing someone in Jan.
You're like my mom :lol: Pure and disaffected by the dirt being tossed around :lol:

I think its more insulting to the person.

Does this song offend you?
I was too young to understand it when it came out.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom