• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’d sell him. Don’t think he’s completely rubbish but far to limited to lead the line here. A PL loan would be ideal but I can’t see him starting up top for any PL side. Maybe Sheffield Utd but they can’t even get a tune out of Brewster atm- they’re roughly the same level.

His record for England U21 means he might fetch decent money. Fairly sure Brewster went for like £20M. If anything Nkeitah’s more proven. Yeah.. sell.
Defo can get £20m at least for him. I could see him at a team like Palace or Brighton. The latter in particular need someone who gets into goalscoring positions regularly.

Melquiades

Defo can get £20m at least for him. I could see him at a team like Palace or Brighton. The latter in particular need someone who gets into goalscoring positions regularly.

Yeah, Brighton would be a perfect destination. They're a pretty organized team with some good things happening and some talented players but can't finish.

Going to a place like West Brom, on the other hand, would probably tank his value because I don't think anyone could look good at that dumpster fire.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I wouldn't loan him out, I would just sell him tbh. He'll do well in a 2 striker system imo. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I don't understand why people are so hostile towards him for not being Mbappe or something. We all knew he was a limited poacher. He's not at our level, the club knows this hence why there's been no talk of a new contract on the table. He barely features for PL games like before and there's a brighter and newer prospect that we don't want to lose out on. So why the hostility? I'd understand hating on Pepe for not living up to his potential or Xhaka for his countless errors but I hear people saying "he's dreadful" or "league one standard" for Eddie. You could argue he's done more for Arsenal in PL games than Nelson or Willock but even those guys don't get half the vitriol Eddie gets and I like the former two.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I think he will be a top class CF in the Premier League. I see him having a Jermaine Defoe like career to be fair. Don't think it will be for us though. Record goal scorer for England U21.

Our system does not play to his strengths, nor should it. We've seen relying on just one player to score goals does to our team. It's nice to have a mixture of goal scorers.

I rate Nketiah, but he didn't take his opportunities. To be fair, he was not provided the service either in dangerous areas.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

You won't get 20m in this market I'm sorry. Anything above 10m will represent a decent fee.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He is England U21 all time top goalscorer ahead of Shearer and *cough* Francis Jeffers, he should be worth a bit.
Liverpool got £20m for that donkey Solanke before he even kicked a ball, a competent club would get at least that.

pikey2000

Brighton is a great shout, they are desperate for someone to stick the ball in the net and they play a decent brand of football, he'd do well there and i think we could bleed £20m out of them for sure, didn't Brewster leave Liverpool for similar

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Brewster didn’t even play a minute of premier league football and Liverpool sold him for £24m. So why do we have to sell Nketiah who has 33 premier league appearances (even though many are subs) for less?
Echo chamber of Arsenal fans - just because they mistakenly think he's **** means everyone else does and we should accept a **** offer of less than £10m. If Brewster can net £25m, we can at least get £15-20m, shouldn't even be a debate to be honest.

REEVIE1995

It feels like I'm the last remaining arsenal fan who feels like he could still have a future at the club. He has the attributes to be a 20 goal a season premier league striker. He struggled in his last couple appearences but so did all our strikers at that point. He was living off scraps. He deserves a shot playing in the new system at some point.

Surely from a business sense, if the club are trying to move him on then they should be extending his contract and then loaning him out next year with a view to potentially sell. If he was to have good loan spell then his value would go through the roof. For context United just extended Lingards contract despite him being useless just to increase his sell on value.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
It feels like I'm the last remaining arsenal fan who feels like he could still have a future at the club. He has the attributes to be a 20 goal a season premier league striker. He struggled in his last couple appearences but so did all our strikers at that point. He was living off scraps. He deserves a shot playing in the new system at some point.

Surely from a business sense, if the club are trying to move him on then they should be extending his contract and then loaning him out next year with a view to potentially sell. If he was to have good loan spell then his value would go through the roof. For context United just extended Lingards contract despite him being useless just to increase his sell on value.

Martinelli is making everyone think differently. Martinelli has much more influence on games than Eddie ever has. Eddie hasn't played since Martinelli got fit, if Martinelli stays fit i don't see any space for Eddie.

Especially not with Balogun coming through as well. How many young strikers is it reasonable to have?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He could but you have to factor in the level of talent he has to compete with both in front of and behind him. CF is perhaps one of the positions we are well stocked in with quantity and vast potential. Nketiah's position looks far more vulnerable at this point. Doesn't mean he should be completely written off of course, but it can definitely be argued strongly that Martinelli and now Balogun are bigger talents. With a year and a half left on his deal, it might be easier to cash in now while the iron is still relatively hot and he still has significant value as one of the better goalscorers in his age group.

REEVIE1995

He could but you have to factor in the level of talent he has to compete with both in front of and behind him. CF is perhaps one of the positions we are well stocked in with quantity and vast potential. Nketiah's position looks far more vulnerable at this point. Doesn't mean he should be completely written off of course, but it can definitely be argued strongly that Martinelli and now Balogun are bigger talents. With a year and a half left on his deal, it might be easier to cash in now while the iron is still relatively hot and he still has significant value as one of the better goalscorers in his age group.

I dont disagree with much of what you have to say but I feel like there is still space for him even looking at the other strikers we have. Martinelli prefers playing out wide, Auba is getting older and is better out wide whilst Laca could be off in the summer. I rate Balogun a lot but he could be off as well in this window. I feel like Balogun could be a long term replacement for Lacazette personally if he chooses to stay but I'm a little doubtful at this point. I think it's too early to write him off yet.

If we ain't selling him in this window then we should be extending his contract. With a year left you would struggle to get more than 15 million if you sold him in the summer. If he had two year then you could sell for 25+ easily.

Hes got a big few months ahead of him either way.

bonzka

With our fruit baring academy do we sell the nearlies with a first refusal/buyback?

R.Madrid style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom