• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Omar Rekik Joins Arsenal

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Looks N-Sync, plays out of sync :bounce:

That's a very spinning ball, not easiest to clear. At least he hit it, but the second reaction was bad. Anyway he just turned 19 which is nothing for a CB. Cost ~£540k.

The biggest mistake came from his team mate with the idiotic pass.Looks pretty slow though.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Looks N-Sync, plays out of sync :bounce:

And just to add insult to injury he got done in by a player of a 3rd tier team.

Doesn't really inspire hope that he's ready for the premier league.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

And just to add insult to injury he got done in by a player of a 3rd tier team.

Doesn't really inspire hope that he's ready for the premier league.

No one has said this 500k buy will come for the PL. They have talked about u23 team.

Who the hell would think he comes straight to the PL with no games in Bundesliga.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
No one has said this 500k buy will come for the PL. They have talked about u23 team.

Who the hell would think he comes straight to the PL with no games in Bundesliga.

I got that impression reading some reaction, but tbh I'm probably just chasing shadows.

Maybe he's the one of Kos' kids that bullied him and made him cry...could have something here!

I wont even be able to bully my father when he is 90 years old... We are bit like the guy in how to train a dragon and his father.

I was 16 and getting close to 75 kg and my father could still lift me up of the floor with his arms straight out and shake me if I went over the line with him. FFS... The old school fishermen are something else.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Said in his interview he likes to play out from the back blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn. Is it just me or are people sick of CBs 'playing out from the back' like it's a great modern thing. Someone said this on twitter but far too much is expected of CBs these days. Everyone wants a Van Dijk these days. We want our CBs to be tall, strong, fast, good passers, good defenders, and vocal leaders, oh and score headers, oh and right-footed RCBs and left-footed LCBs. It's unrealistic.

Imo there's nothing wrong with having a mix of talents in a CB partnership. If one is tall and the other isn't that's ok, if one is a good passer and the other isn't that's ok, if one is quick and stupid and the other is slow and clever that's ok too.

City have spent like 3 billion pounds on CBs just cos they want this unrealistic ideal of a perfect CB partnership. F*ck it, that's what I say.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Like everyone says there are no good defenders these days, well yeah, maybe cos we raised the expectations so high that literally only one player has met them? Even guys like Koulibaly and Ramos get criticised for one reason or another.

It's time people reassessed what a good CB is and lowered their expectations a bit.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wont even be able to bully my father when he is 90 years old... We are bit like the guy in how to train a dragon and his father.

I was 16 and getting close to 75 kg and my father could still lift me up of the floor with his arms straight out and shake me if I went over the line with him. FFS... The old school fishermen are something else.
16 and almost 75kg? You’re a big lad.

16 and almost 75kg? You’re a big lad.

I grew very quickly and pretty much stayed the same since then, around 82.5 kg now, 85 kg before I had covid and pneumonia in August, lost around 11 kg during that time. I had my height done at age of 13, don't think I grew cm more after that. I really thought I were going places! I was 2nd tallest and heaviest in my friendgroup when I came out of school, almost all my friends kept growing and outgrew me, think I'm 2nd smallest now. :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
Um...another center back!?

No problem. Sok, Mustafi, and Luiz will be gone by summer, and with Gabriel and Mari covering one of the two CB positions, looks like this is hedging bets in development of Saliba and Rekik to add to Holding. We may in the end have to spend on a quality CB, if none of Holding, Saliba, or Rekik are quite good enough, but this is a cheap U23 signing to start off with.

Top Bottom