• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Shouldn’t we be over this? Nketiah will be sold in the summer and don’t trust Laca to keep his current form
He’s was linked with Arsenal a few months ago but nothing recent.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

That will not even fund Mbappe's left leg. What are Real smoking?

Tbf getting rid of all those wages, plus the fact they didn't spend last summer, means they're in a position to go for him. Plus he only has like 18 months on his contract. Mbappe to Madrid has been decided already imo, I think Mbappe planned to go there even before he signed for PSG.

Mbappe to Madrid, PSG replace him with Messi.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Tbf getting rid of all those wages, plus the fact they didn't spend last summer, means they're in a position to go for him. Plus he only has like 18 months on his contract. Mbappe to Madrid has been decided already imo, I think Mbappe planned to go there even before he signed for PSG.

Mbappe to Madrid, PSG replace him with Messi.

I got a feeling Mbappe sees out his contract at PSG and secures the biggest signing on fee in football history.

If I was him I'd do another year at PSG and then get the agent to start a bidding war for my services.

100mil signing on fee + 500k per week is still low compared to if a club had to buy him from PSG, if this was to happen I think he could set a new trend in how transfers are done.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I got a feeling Mbappe sees out his contract at PSG and secures the biggest signing on fee in football history.

If I was him I'd do another year at PSG and then get the agent to start a bidding war for my services.

100mil signing on fee + 500k per week is still low compared to if a club had to buy him from PSG, if this was to happen I think he could set a new trend in how transfers are done.
I think we will see more free transfers but if they become normalised I imagine clubs will need to reduce their layouts on players. Sales make up a fair amount of income for a lot of clubs.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think we will see more free transfers but if they become normalised I imagine clubs will need to reduce their layouts on players. Sales make up a fair amount of income for a lot of clubs.

I'm quite surprised its not a normal thing in todays world. The players obviously get the bump in pay if they sign before their contract is up but I imagine you could make a lot more if you take a signing on fee instead, even if you run it down and resign for the same damn club.

Obviously you got to be confident and performing to your ability to command that, security against injuries/bad form by signing early etc; but lets look at Özil for example, by running down his contract late in the game the club panicked and offered a massive contract which I imagine at some point had discussions of still being cheaper than buying a replacement.

Suppose the other side is this will not go down well with the fans and you will be a mercenary but clubs arent exactly loyal either these days.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Didn't PSG play very dirty when Neymar was running down his contract? Can imagine they'll take a very hard line at any player trying to do this to them. As an oil club they could afford it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely spot on. It could be a game changer for football. It has been teetering towards that in recent years anyway, but a high profile event like this will really change things.

Player power has been increasing and increasing since the bosman ruling and agents have increasingly been coming into play.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Didn't PSG play very dirty when Neymar was running down his contract? Can imagine they'll take a very hard line at any player trying to do this to them. As an oil club they could afford it.

What can they do? Not play him = no Champions League win, the moment Mbappe leaves PSG I think they're done as a 'top club', the shine has slowly been leaving PSG as a destination, Neymar has tried to get out, they will still sign the odd big player but when Mbappe leaves I believe that will be it for them in terms of competing for the CL, Ligue 1 will catch up a bit too.

Mbappe leaving is the end of the somewhat golden era for them I think, a lot of reading says behind the scenes its a party club, they should have focused on becoming a legitimate force and stamped that pqrty culture out, they will be like the Harlem Globetrotters in a few years, destination for the semi retired players who give zero ****s about the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Interested who'll sign him i think Liverpool maybe will try. 42m is alot of money but he very decent CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom