• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I certainly don't. The man has been playing Willian all season. Does Willian look ready to you?
That Arteta has played Willian all season doesn`t mean he gets everything wrong you know? I`m pretty critical of Arteta myself but defensively we`ve been pretty decent this season, Holding has done well, Gabriel looks great and Luiz has been solid whenever he has played.

Saliba is 19, played 11 games in total last season and has had a very difficult time on a personal level. Makes perfect sense not to throw him in straight away. Like I said the mistakes here, and it`s a big mistake with big potential consequences, is not getting him a loan in August and then not registering him for the EL. Incredibly poor from Edu and Arteta.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If he is going to be called out for being partly responsible for conceding a goal to omit to mention he was made MOTM in that same game is a bit... mischievous.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That Arteta has played Willian all season doesn`t mean he gets everything wrong you know? I`m pretty critical of Arteta myself but defensively we`ve been pretty decent this season, Holding has done well, Gabriel looks great and Luiz has been solid whenever he has played.

Saliba is 19, played 11 games in total last season and has had a very difficult time on a personal level. Makes perfect sense not to throw him in straight away. Like I said the mistakes here, and it`s a big mistake with big potential consequences, is not getting him a loan in August and then not registering him for the EL. Incredibly poor from Edu and Arteta.

We've been decent defensively at the cost of our offence. At times the man puts 7 defensive minded player on the pitch. That's not improvement, that is fear.

I wouldn't trust Arteta to buy my coffee in the morning, let alone players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't trust him to pour me a glass of water. I don't trust his judgement or whatever criteria he's using to determine that someone like Mustafi deserves more time and energy than Saliba.

I just pray he hasn't alienated or tanked the value of a shedload of prospects by the time he goes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Forfana is playing with Evans every week, an experienced player who has been playing in England his whole career, that makes a massive difference...no chance we could have started 2 young defenders, that were both new to the league/country, feel it could have been a disaster...Gabby who has years on William has struggled with the physicality of this league at times, never mind a teenager...not playing him in the Europa/getting a loan secured in the summer was poor from us though.

He has plenty of time on his side anyway, he will only be 20 next year anyway.

Has Soyuncu been injured this season, anyone know what happened to him?
Re Fofana and Evans- Holding and Luiz have enough experience to help Saliba through a match. The Mustafi minutes were a complete waste.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We've been decent defensively at the cost of our offence. At times the man puts 7 defensive minded player on the pitch. That's not improvement, that is fear.

Who buys your coffee in the morning?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I wouldn't trust him to pour me a glass of water. I don't trust his judgement or whatever criteria he's using to determine that someone like Mustafi deserves more time and energy than Saliba.

I just pray he hasn't alienated or tanked the value of a shedload of prospects by the time he goes.

I never bought the idea that Saliba wasn't being played because he was a little rusty. Mustafi was injured for more than 3 months, had no pre-season too but was chucked straight in while clearly lacking fitness when we had some injuries and suspensions at the back. Saliba at least played games in our pre- season. Saliba didn't play because Arteta thought he wasn't ready full stop, not because he was a little short of match fitness.

bonzka

I wonder if Mari (LCB) was fit earlier in the season would Sailba (RCB) have got more of a look in? I reckon the idea of Ligue 1 rookie pairing gave Arteta a floppy and he freaked out.

I'm backing Arteta but as expected (for a rookie) he's made some absolute clangers.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wonder if Mari (LCB) was fit earlier in the season would Sailba (RCB) have got more of a look in? I reckon the idea of Ligue 1 rookie pairing gave Arteta a floppy and he freaked out.
You raise a good point, but there's no reason for leaving him out of Europa or the league cup against City which was essentially a free hit and a game he played Runnarson.

Arteta has done some good things but the whole Saliba thing was just poor. Hopefully the lad moves on with his career and a decent club comes in for him this summer.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
You raise a good point, but there's no reason for leaving him out of Europa or the league cup against City which was essentially a free hit and a game he played Runnarson.

Arteta has done some good things but the whole Saliba thing was just poor. Hopefully the lad moves on with his career and a decent club comes in for him this summer.
Uhhhhh no. Hopefully the lad doesn't move on and had a fantastic career with Arsenal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Uhhhhh no. Hopefully the lad doesn't move on and had a fantastic career with Arsenal.
If half a season with struggling Nice drastically changes how Arteta see's Saliba then I would probably dislike Arteta even more. Just shows his lack of selection was merely pettiness.

My guess is he goes straight back on loan when he returns or the Nice stint gets extended- I'd say he's better off moving on myself.

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
If half a season with struggling Nice drastically changes how Arteta see's Saliba then I would probably dislike Arteta even more. Just shows his lack of selection was merely pettiness.

My guess is he goes straight back on loan when he returns or the Nice stint gets extended- I'd say he's better off moving on myself.
I say after Saliba gets game time in Nice and comes back mentally and physically ready for Arsenal in summer 2021 and impresses Arteta in training and continues from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom