• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
No,Henry is legend.I meant to wrote that legends stay forever and no matter what is situation in club,good or bad.Fabregas left when situation wasn't great in club.Of course that some players can play for different clubs and still be legend of one of them.Just like Henry.

Henry gave us best years,won almost everything with us,stayed for long period,had imporant role in every season and was top class player.He left us in no toxic way and just wanted to win Champions League.It was much different than with Fabregas.

Oh ok, got it, I agree.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Everyone seems to forget that he won the FA Cup here, always makes me laugh :lol:
He was a kid - Viera was still in the team and still captain, along with other invincibles. I can't even remember if Cesc started, I know he definitely didn't take a penalty (it was won on pens).

He was far too moist to be talking like this anyways, he was a huge part of our soft reputation during our early Emirates days. Chelsea was a more balanced team so they won stuff. Not sure why he just couldn't say that instead.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was a kid - Viera was still in the team and still captain, along with other invincibles. I can't even remember if Cesc started, I know he definitely didn't take a penalty (it was won on pens).

He started the final, think he may have started all our FA Cup matches that season...crazy to think how Fab didn't look out of place at all at 17, when competing with the likes of Vieira and Gilberto at their best, unbelievable talent.

he was a huge part of our soft reputation during our early Emirates days. Chelsea was a more balanced team so they won stuff. Not sure why he just couldn't say that instead.

I wish he just said that about Chelsea too, or he just stopped talking about Arsenal completely...he needs to know his role and shut his mouth imo.

Think it's harsh to blame him though, circumstances at the time weren't great for him.

As I said...04-05 was a good season for the club, started it with winning a trophy (Community Shield) and ended it with winning a trophy (FA Cup) ...finished 2nd in the league to a great Chelsea team, considering we went Invincible the previous season, I was happy with this year...you can't win everything.

05-06 was a struggle after losing Paddy and Sol's decline, the Champions League run of beating Real and Juventus does save it though, one game away from being a great year.

Everything bar those two seasons had Arsenal teams that just weren't Premier League/Champions League winning material...Arsène stacked the team with players that weren't physical or smart enough to protect Cesc, you need a good mix of players to win the league and Wenger just focused on having players with technical ability as the Emirates era went on...we shouldn't have been winning the league during this period anyway, we weren't as good as Yanited or Chelski at this point, 3rd/4th was our target due to how we ****ed ourselves financially with the deal with the banks unfortunately (annoying not to at least win a cup during this period though.)

Cesc wasn't "tough" as you say, but he had the quality to win the league if you bring in a midfield partner/defence to compensate for that, as Chelsea did in 14-15.

He was far too moist to be talking like this anyways

:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was top of the assists table in La Liga at the time. He split opinion like Özil did here about 4 years ago, before everyone decided he was worth the price of a large mix kebab.

Yeah but look at how they levelled up as soon as they upgraded Fabregas and Alexis with Neymar and Rakitic.

He killed their rhythm. He got a lot of numbers but as a team their balance was off as he wasn’t on the level of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta so when they tried playing Iniesta on the right to accommodate him it still didn’t work.

He didn’t have the ability to control the game like the others and ultimately Rakitic did.

Ultimately a disastrous signing for Barcelona, didn’t need him at all and it disillusioned Thiago so much he left for Bayern.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah but look at how they levelled up as soon as they upgraded Fabregas and Alexis with Neymar and Rakitic.

He killed their rhythm. He got a lot of numbers but as a team their balance was off as he wasn’t on the level of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta so when they tried playing Iniesta on the right to accommodate him it still didn’t work.

He didn’t have the ability to control the game like the others and ultimately Rakitic did.

Ultimately a disastrous signing for Barcelona, didn’t need him at all and it disillusioned Thiago so much he left for Bayern.
On a personal level he did fantastically well. It’s not his fault the managers plan backfired. He can only do what he does well, and he did. He was ultimately made a scapegoat for their failings. Yeah they did go to level up when they signed Neymar and Rakitić, but most teams level up when they sign Neymar and/or correctly shift things about—that’s just good management; thats no slur on Fabregas. Was Özil a failure at Madrid because they sold him for just the one player and won 3 CL’s? Of course not. He had really good stats there as well...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On a personal level he did fantastically well. It’s not his fault the managers plan backfired. He can only do what he does well, and he did. He was ultimately made a scapegoat for their failings. Yeah they did go to level up when they signed Neymar and Rakitić, but most teams level up when they sign Neymar and/or correctly shift things about—that’s just good management; thats no slur on Fabregas. Was Özil a failure at Madrid because they sold him for just the one player and won 3 CL’s? Of course not. He had really good stats there as well...

I think he just got overrated before he went there when in reality he probably wasn’t on the level of three of the greatest midfield of all time and signing him killed any opportunities for another superior midfielder in Thiago.

Think you can pin that moment as when Barca started going wrong, signing a player who couldn’t play their way with no idea how to fit him in.

Not his fault but he probably shouldn’t have been at one of the super clubs as arguably Özil shouldn’t either. 2013 Bale was a definite upgrade on Özil.

Makavelii

I’ll always love Cesc. He was my favorite player back in the day. Was absolutely dominant in midfield could do everything well.

People either ****ting on Cesc or Özil in this thread for some reason. Yeah they’ve both been mediocre in the past few years. But in their prime they were some of Arsenals best midfielders ever.
Both were hitting record amounts of assists per season (De Bruyne levels). Cesc was also a monster ball winner and passer.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think he just got overrated before he went there when in reality he probably wasn’t on the level of three of the greatest midfield of all time and signing him killed any opportunities for another superior midfielder in Thiago.

Think you can pin that moment as when Barca started going wrong, signing a player who couldn’t play their way with no idea how to fit him in.

Not his fault but he probably shouldn’t have been at one of the super clubs as arguably Özil shouldn’t either. 2013 Bale was a definite upgrade on Özil.

I feel like Barca use to just buy players because they played for Arsenal starting with Overmars and Petit. Once they were buying guys like Song and Vermaelen I knew what they were doing, they're not Barca level players same with Cesc and Hleb.

Pyres7

I feel like Barca use to just buy players because they played for Arsenal starting with Overmars and Petit. Once they were buying guys like Song and Vermaelen I knew what they were doing, they're not Barca level players same with Cesc and Hleb.
I think they were scouting our players from youtube highlights. No way they would have bought Vermaelen, Hleb or Song if they actually scouted them properly :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think they were scouting our players from youtube highlights. No way they would have bought Vermaelen, Hleb or Song if they actually scouted them properly :lol:

I think playing for Arsenal was enough, they thought we were some sort of Barca light even though we weren't close.

Wryer

Always felt we still had a place for Cesc when he wanted to return, even when we had Özil. They are different.

But I still dislike how he clamours over the Chavs whenever he gets a chance to. Probably sore about AW not wanting him back.

Riou

I think playing for Arsenal was enough, they thought we were some sort of Barca light even though we weren't close.

I can understand Cesc, he was a youth star for them that we took when we were better than Barcelona, they were always gonna want him back as their pride was dented.

The likes of Hleb, Verm and Song were very bizarre, they didn't need any of them really...hell Verm had been a bench player for Arsenal for about 18 months before Barca bought him ffs :lol:

Riou

He never stops @Riou

Arsène, every time Cesc calls him to "reconnect" ...

giphy.gif

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I can understand Cesc, he was a youth star for them that we took when we were better than Barcelona, they were always gonna want him back as their pride was dented.

The likes of Hleb, Verm and Song were very bizarre, they didn't need any of them really...hell Verm had been a bench player for Arsenal for about 18 months before Barca bought him ffs :lol:
Don't forget van bronkhorst and slyvinhao!!!

Barcelona are obsessed with Arsenal FC. :lol:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Hated cesc guts when he left, honestly in retrospect I can totally understand his decision to kick up a fuss about leaving, he became a man at Arsenal so making that choice must have been difficult, not to mention the impact Wenger had on him as a person and as a player,

Being the age that he was (when he left) probably made is less painful in the short term to sever ties and leave for Barca the way he did, He make himself look like the villain. And Honestly Just looking at how this club is managed from top to bottom who can blame him we are constantly in a rebuilding stage,

We never facilitate the talent we have with other talented players always two players short of what we need to truly make a run at something, its been a never ending cylce since the Cesc era. I've got time for Cesc he's a legend in my book.

Iceman10

Established Member
Why does this guy get asked about us more than any other ex player? Who ****ing cares man

I feel similar. If it is about him and Arsène giving him the opportunity and developing him, that is one thing. When it comes to him and Arsenal as a club I’m basically not interested. Don’t know exactly why I feel that way, but that’s how it is.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom