• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 308,766
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

Why are people ignoring the fact that Chambers did his knee in and hasnt featured since? Who would buy him then?

A loan makes sense, get him some game time & build his fitness up, put him in the shop window as he'll have 12 months left on his deal by the summer.

MikeVinna

Established Member
A loan makes sense, get him some game time & build his fitness up, put him in the shop window as he'll have 12 months left on his deal by the summer.

But why would a club loan him for half a year not knowing if they’ll get any value out of him?

Edit: Just look at how long it took Bellerin and Holding to get into any kind of form/fitness since their injuries. These ACL injuries aren’t a joke.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Mikel is saying the squad is bloated and that every average donkey can't leave the club (didn't he say we should keep Elneny too?). Can't make up his mind this guy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mustafi is world class on his day. Managers haven't given him a chance. Barca will get a fabulous player on a free...what a bargain. Just 28 years old and German World Cup Champion.
:lol::lol::lol: Which day was that then? Been watching Arsenal since I was a small kid and I can easily say he's the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt. And if you don't like this ridiculous compilation of blunders, Youtube is full of a bunch of others.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
:lol::lol::lol: Which day was that then? Been watching Arsenal since I was a small kid and I can easily say he's the worst player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt. And if you don't like this ridiculous compilation of blunders, Youtube is full of a bunch of others.

He's crap but he's far from the worst player to play for Arsenal ability wise. He's physically and technically capable of performing pretty much every facet of being a very good centre back.

It's his decision making and concentration that is the issue.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Not even the worst CB. Had two good purple patches at the beginning of both his first and second seasons but wasnt good enough apart from these patches of good form.

In terms of worse players to wear the arsenal shirt, I would say Squallaci, Cygan, Stepanovs, Diawara, Sanogo, Wreh, Bellerin, Inamoto, Taylor, Santos and Traore all worse

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not even the worst CB. Had two good purple patches at the beginning of both his first and second but wasnt good enough apart from these patches of good form.

In terms of worse players to wear the arsenal shirt, I would say Squallaci, Cygan, Stepanovs, Diawara, Sanogo, Wreh, Bellerin, Inamoto, Taylor, Santos and Traore all worse
Bellerin? :lol::lol::lol:
Squillaci was bad but I bet he didn’t cost us as many goals as Mustafi. Did you even watch the video or all the others? He’s a mess of a CB. I bet even Sanogo would be better in that position.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He's crap but he's far from the worst player to play for Arsenal ability wise. He's physically and technically capable of performing pretty much every facet of being a very good centre back.

It's his decision making and concentration that is the issue.
:lol: You’ve just condemned him right there. A CB with poor decision making and concentration is a liability. Don’t care if he is physical. And he’s not technical that’s for sure, his passing is appalling, maybe at heading, but his timing for tackles is woeful.

Goonger

But why would a club loan him for half a year not knowing if they’ll get any value out of him?

Edit: Just look at how long it took Bellerin and Holding to get into any kind of form/fitness since their injuries. These ACL injuries aren’t a joke.

I know, obviously they can do a medical or whatever to check on him as well, & see how he performed in the 4 U23 & 2 Europa League appearances.

Liverpool protect their defenders a lot better as well, if it allows them to shift Fabinho & Henderson back into midfield they control the game better that in turn helps both the attack & defence.

They might have better options I suppose but they certainly aren't rushing to get them this window. They literally have Williams, Phillips & an injury prone Matip as actual central defenders right now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin? :lol::lol::lol:
Squillaci was bad but I bet he didn’t cost us as many goals as Mustafi. Did you even watch the video or all the others? He’s a mess of a CB. I bet even Sanogo would be better in that position.

Bellerin certainly has had many, many more poor peformances more than Mustafi (must be between Bellerin, Diaby and Ramsey for most more peformances in a Arsenal shirt). Squallaci was a poorer quality CB, cant even recall him having a good game for us but at least in his case we stopped giving much game time and got rid sooner.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This guy thought he was going Barca and it turns out no one wants him :lol: Sokratis has 3 clubs fighting for him and Musti is in his feelings right now.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Mate, have you not heard of the reverse jinx and invisible ink?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
superhero-child-skateboard-portrait-super-hero-drawn-bar-graph-happy-playing-home-kid-having-fun-success-175172717.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom