• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He also was here for 8 years, carried us for 5-6 of them. People usually miss that part.
Amazing player, no denying that but when your a part of Arsenal, the club captain no less, and your only too happy to let someone chuck a Barca shirt on you and refuse to train to force a move then I don't care what you've done for the last 5-6 years, which to be fair didn't amount to much with regards to silverware.

Someone like Henry, who had been a huge part of years of success and history, was getting older, fancied a change and left with class.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If Cesc is another face in the crowd at Chelsea, then he is even more so here tbh.

We have such a larger history than Chelsea, think of some of the players to play for us from 1988-2005, some absolute legends and icons...Cesc was a great player for us, one of my favs during his time here, but even someone like Aaron Ramsey has a bigger legacy here...and if technical Spanish midfielders are your thing, we have a much more likeable one in Santi too :lol:

I think from Cesc's point of view, we should be his "silent love", it's a difficult relationship after all that's happened...he can pander to Chelsea fans anyway, they do seem to like him for some reason...maybe it's to do with him racially abusing a black player while playing for Barca, they seem to love that type of stuff.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Cesc is another face in the crowd at Chelsea, then he is even more so here tbh.

We have such a larger history than Chelsea, think of some of the players to play for us from 1988-2005, some absolute legends and icons...Cesc was a great player for us, one of my favs during his time here, but even someone like Aaron Ramsey has a bigger legacy here...and if technical Spanish midfielders are your thing, we have a much more likeable one in Santi too :lol:

I mean crediting him where it’s due he was world class for a good three years.

Second best player in the PL in that time after Ronaldo I’d say. With Chelsea yes he won the title but he had six good months and then he was done from 2015 onwards.

If we’d signed him it would have been a disaster. Didn’t solve any problems of ours.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Amazing player, no denying that but when your a part of Arsenal, the club captain no less, and your only too happy to let someone chuck a Barca shirt on you and refuse to train to force a move then I don't care what you've done for the last 5-6 years, which to be fair didn't amount to much with regards to silverware.

Someone like Henry, who had been a huge part of years of success and history, was getting older, fancied a change and left with class.

I guarantee you if Henry had been at the club for 8 years without a trophy he would have been out the door as well. The club was going nowhere and he was playing with Diaby and Denilson with other clowns like Bendtner in the team. He realized like RVP did a little while later that the team was going nowhere and he wanted to leave to play in the best club side in the world. Cant blame him and am surprised he didn’t leave earlier.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I guarantee you if Henry had been at the club for 8 years without a trophy he would have been out the door as well. The club was going nowhere and he was playing with Diaby and Denilson with other clowns like Bendtner in the team. He realized like RVP did a little while later that the team was going nowhere and he wanted to leave to play in the best club side in the world. Cant blame him and am surprised he didn’t leave earlier.
Listen I absolutely loved the guy when he was here, he was an unreal player and I get he was always going to leave eventually but the way he left was disgraceful. To refuse to train in order to force a move and then call Wenger a father figure is a laugh. Then we ended up getting a ****ty fee for arguably the best young player in Europe at the time because he'd backed us into selling to Barca.

Players like Nasri take a lot of **** and rightly so but even he left the club on better terms. He could've easily refused to play in that Liverpool game.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Listen I absolutely loved the guy when he was here, he was an unreal player and I get he was always going to leave eventually but the way he left was disgraceful. To refuse to train in order to force a move and then call Wenger a father figure is a laugh. Then we ended up getting a ****ty fee for arguably the best young player in Europe at the time because he'd backed us into selling to Barca.

Players like Nasri take a lot of **** and rightly so but even he left the club on better terms. He could've easily refused to play in that Liverpool game.

I think the way he left and the fee we got was pretty awful as well. The club fvcked that one up and the Nasri transfer as well. That was one of the worst windows I’ve been through with the will he won’t he bollocks that went on till near the end followed by a late panic sweep signing of a bunch of random players. The club should have sold Cesc in the prior window and reinvested properly instead of leaving it to the last minute before going on a panic buying spree.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wenger let his emotions get in the way on that one. Cut his nose off to spite his face. The cracks were beginning to show on Arsène.

I personally think he always had his heart set on Chelsea

Remember Mourinho and Wenger's quotes at the time.

We were nowhere at the time as well. Why would Fabregas come back to a worse team than the one he left?

I don't care what is in Wenger's book, "He landed where he wanted to go"

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
He didn’t really. Barca were taking the p*ss and Cesc knew it.

Didn’t get anywhere near fair value. The fact he went above and beyond in driving down his value in the c*ntiest way possible tells you all you need to know about him.

You can’t come crawling come back trying to pass yourself of as an Arsenal man because you’re another face in the crowd to Chelsea and Barcelona fans.

The fact he can’t keep our name out of his mouth shows that.
He didn’t try to come crawling back though. He was available and Wenger chose not to sign him.

Everything he did was understandable as a young player with his story and background. All the rest is bitter views and scorn from a section of our cry baby fans. Going to Chelsea snd winning the league just made it worse for them. Had he won **** all when he returned to the Premier League he’d probably be held in higher regard, such is the wankery of some fans. He deserved a title and I’m glad he got one. This is what sticks in the throat and you know it LOL

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He didn’t try to come crawling back though. He was available and Wenger chose not to sign him.

Everything he did was understandable as a young player with his story and background. All the rest is bitter views and scorn from a section of our cry baby fans. Going to Chelsea snd winning the league just made it worse for them. Had he won **** all when he returned to the Premier League he’d probably be held in higher regard, such is the wankery of some fans. He deserved a title and I’m glad he got one. This is what sticks in the throat and you know it LOL

So what team do you put out if we signed him presumably instead of Alexis?

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

We’d be getting smacked every week :lol:

Also no I’m not crying at night over Cesc’s betrayal but once you do that you’ve disrespected the club and why should we as a fanbase hold him up as some legend because no one else cares about him?

Guy should be a nobody to us. No other fan base would do this weird pining for someone who shat all over the club. Proper b*tch mentality.

Keplaz

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

Also no I’m not crying at night over Cesc’s betrayal but once you do that you’ve disrespected the club and why should we as a fanbase hold him up as some legend because no one else cares about him?

Guy should be a nobody to us. No other fan base would do this weird pining for someone who shat all over the club. Proper b*tch mentality.
Just because the divorce was messy, it doesn't mean you can't appreciate the good times or the good things the other party did. Obviously it hurts, but with time you can look back with perspective. Nothing wrong with remembering when it worked.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just because the divorce was messy, it doesn't mean you can't appreciate the good times or the good things the other party did. Obviously it hurts, but with time you can look back with perspective. Nothing wrong with remembering when it worked.

No of course you can but at the end of the day he actively hurt the club through his behaviour, and that shouldn’t be forgotten just because Chelsea and Barcelona fans don’t care about him and he’s looking to get some traction with us.

If we’re being honest even Nasri left the club in a classier manner than Cesc.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

Doubt anyone will say he is legend to be fair. He was our best player in early Emirates Era,cult hero and favourite player for big number of fans.I mean,if he wanted to become legend he would stay in Arsenal no matter what ?

Don't know why some of you guys are so bitter when he talks about us,while he played 8 years here and had best spell in his career at Arsenal.Think that his move to Chelsea was professional deal,while we rejceted him and he wanted to move to EPL again.We had chance to sign him and Wenger said we didn't need him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Doubt anyone will say he is legend to be fair. He was our best player in early Emirates Era,cult hero and favourite player for big number of fans.I mean,if he wanted to become legend he would stay in Arsenal no matter what ?

Don't know why some of you guys are so bitter when he talks about us,while he played 8 years here and had best spell in his career at Arsenal.Think that his move to Chelsea was professional deal,while we rejceted him and he wanted to move to EPL again.We had chance to sign him and Wenger said we didn't need him.

Ok did we need him? If we signed him instead of Alexis we’d be even worse when he started declining after six months.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Ok did we need him? If we signed him instead of Alexis we’d be even worse when he started declining after six months.

We didn't. At least,Wenger said he had enough players on his position.

But we were all pissed because he signed for our rival,while they gave him the best offer in EPL and he had to go somewhere.Like you wrote i blame him for behaviour when he wanted to go to Barcelona,but there is little he did wrong from professional point of view when he went to Chelsea. It's not like RVP situation when he wanted to go to Utd and didn't want to sign new contact.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

Thank you, people forget how our team was at the time. Imagine a midfield with Özil and Fabregas in it.

We would have been a Tesco's version of the Galaticos.

I honestly think Wenger was being kind to Fabregas in his book. It wasn't a case of us rejecting him, but a case of neither party wanting a deal to be done.

Plus, never forget but Wenger hinted at the time he found out from Barcelona that Cesc was available and not Cesc himself who was already speaking with Chelsea. Bear in mind that most players agree a deal with a club first before the clubs themselves hash out a transfer fee because there's no point trying to negotiate a fee for a player who doesn't want to join you.

Yet he calls Wenger a father figure to him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

This is all that needs to be said about that situation imo:

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I mean crediting him where it’s due he was world class for a good three years.

Second best player in the PL in that time after Ronaldo I’d say. With Chelsea yes he won the title but he had six good months and then he was done from 2015 onwards.

If we’d signed him it would have been a disaster. Didn’t solve any problems of ours.
Disagree.

Imagine
.. Cazorla Ramsey
.. Özil Cesc Alexis
......... Giroud

I think that team would have been delightful on the eye. Better than anything we seen before. It would have had the technique of the Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Nasri era without the injury problems. So much sauce so many Wenger players. It would have been Wengers finest symphony in my mind. But it wasn't to be.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Fabregas - Wilshere
Ramsey - Özil - Cazorla
Giroud

It wouldn’t have made a difference tbh as Giroud/Sanogo would have fluffed many chances regardless of the quality behind them.

The streets can never forget that Giroud disasterclass against Monaco in the CL.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I also find the quotes about him landing where he wanted to go dubious. Wengers favourite goto, he said similiar about Kante when he signed for Chelsea. Deflect, deflect and deflect some more.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom