• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A Laca contract extension is a hard one for me.

He's one of those players that blows hot and cold generally. If we were guaranteed to get the level of performance out of him he's put in the past 5-6 games for the next 18 months, It would be a no brainer. But's it's not a guarantee and history tells you he's probably going to go through another poor spell before the seasons over.

If he'd take a two year extension on slightly reduced wages I'd probably be good with that but I can't see him agreeing to those terms, which is understandable.

Overall I'd lean towards selling him in the summer.

He has impressed me a lot over the past month or so though. Definitely back in my good books.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury

He's one of those players that blows hot and cold generally. If we were guaranteed to get the level of performance out of him he's put in the past 5-6 games for the next 18 months, It would be a no brainer. But's it's not a guarantee and history tells you he's probably going to go through another poor spell before the seasons over.

If he'd take a two year extension on slightly reduced wages I'd probably be good with that but I can't see him agreeing to those terms, which is understandable.

He has impressed me a lot over the past month or so though. Definitely back in my good books.
Exactly how I see it. I've always had time for him and just feel things were never quite right for him here to see him at his optimum. I could be wrong though and this could just the the player he is. I lean towards selling him unless he's banging them in and we've improved alot and are in a good position come the end of the season, in which case it would be difficult. He'd want improved terms though and probably more than 2 years so that would probably scupper it anyway.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Incredible how Arsenal players start performing when they have 18 months left on their contract. If we could get the entire team on 18 months we might actually win the league.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would you agree to that? Cause that’s insulting :lol:

You either commit to the player or you don’t. I don’t think the club will, I just hope we get the replacement right (we won’t).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Contract situation is so unlucky. In a non Covid window we could sell for a really good fee but everyone is broke.

Choices are another aging player extension, a free transfer or selling for pennies on the dollar this summer.

novar

If you don't want to see the reality on the pitch then listen to the guy you're wrongly assigning most of the credit for our turnaround, he has explicitly stated the importance of Lacazette in this team

Without this guy we'd still be in a relegation fight, extend because we'll need him as long as Arteta is here trying to relegate the club

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

You either commit to the player or you don’t. I don’t think the club will, I just hope we get the replacement right (we won’t).

I mean, I don't think offering Laca a 2 year deal on £150k a week is insulting. I wouldn't expect him to accept it but there's no harm in asking.

We should offer contracts that are in the clubs best interests. If the player doesn't fancy it, let them move on.

I'd have zero interest in seeing Laca get offered a 4 year deal for example, even though I quite like him.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
ESR didn't want to pick anyone out when asked what player he looks up to, who encourages and supports him the most, but he gave Laca a special mention which I thought was sweet. You can't help but love that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I mean, I don't think offering Laca a 2 year deal on £150k a week is insulting. I wouldn't expect him to accept it but there's no harm in asking.

We should offer contracts that are in the clubs best interests. If the player doesn't fancy it, let them move on.

I'd have zero interest in seeing Laca get offered a 4 year deal for example, even though I quite like him.
Agreed on the interests of the club, but offering the same or less after a good season is an insult tbh - the principle not the amount. The club should just let him go if they are gonna do that.

I’m quite happy to see him move on myself, not cause I don’t like him or rate him but where I’m at with the club, I almost don’t like seeing players I like being here.

The stick older players get once they get a new publicised contract as well, I just think what’s the point.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Agreed on the interests of the club, but offering the same or less after a good season is an insult tbh - the principle not the amount. The club should just let him go if they are gonna do that.

I’m quite happy to see him move on myself, not cause I don’t like him or rate him but where I’m at with the club, I almost don’t like seeing players I like being here.

The stick older players get once they get a new publicised contract as well, I just think what’s the point.

Man, you sound really depressed about the club at the minute. I hope something comes along to cheer you up. Pepe might get a chance and go on a hot streak of games :)

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Man, you sound really depressed about the club at the minute. I hope something comes along to cheer you up. Pepe might get a chance and go on a hot streak of games :)
I’m not depressed, Pepe happens better more expensive players have come to the prem and not worked.

I’m just not convinced but anything I’ve seen and I’m quietly bracing myself for another bad run. I was optimistic this summer but now I’m done. Disillusioned probably?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’m just not convinced but anything I’ve seen and I’m quietly bracing myself for another bad run. I was optimistic this summer but now I’m done. Disillusioned probably?

Arsenal/Arteta/Athletic...Triple A have really done a number on you, haven't they?

Just all lethargic these days...You are like WCW Macho now, as opposed to the WWF one :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arsenal/Arteta/Athletic...Triple A have really done a number on you, haven't they?

Just all lethargic these days...You are like WCW Macho now, as opposed to the WWF one :lol:
That’s a good comparison actually :rofl:
Yeah I’ll take that.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Really his best season since he joined? I mean he has been decent in last 4 or 5 games but before that even his biggest fans had given up on him!

Yes! His goals per game are the highest since he's been here. That's not my view its fact, I posted it last week! Maybe this just highlights how poor he's been the entire time he's been here!

Yes! His goals per game are the highest since he's been here. That's not my view its fact, I posted it last week! Maybe this just highlights how poor he's been the entire time he's been here!

Well yeah very poor. But even if his goals per minute look good you still can just watch his first 3 games in PL where he scored 3 goals. He was terrible otherwise. Like a ghost.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well yeah very poor. But even if his goals per minute look good you still can just watch his first 3 games in PL where he scored 3 goals. He was terrible otherwise. Like a ghost.

I've wanted to sell him for the past 2 summers. He's never been a £52m footballer but he is doing better recently. That doesn't mean I want to keep him though, it just means we may actually get £10m to £15m in the summer.

I've wanted to sell him for the past 2 summers. He's never been a £52m footballer but he is doing better recently. That doesn't mean I want to keep him though, it just means we may actually get £10m to £15m in the summer.

I wanted to sell him as soon as we shift Auba to the left to play them both instead of selling Laca and try to make Auba in center work.

Laca is doing okay. It's vital we sell him next summer, it's the last chance to get some money for him. Lyon might come in with a 10-20 M offer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wanted to sell him as soon as we shift Auba to the left to play them both instead of selling Laca and try to make Auba in center work.

Laca is doing okay. It's vital we sell him next summer, it's the last chance to get some money for him. Lyon might come in with a 10-20 M offer.

Auba hasnt really worked in the centre though. I think next season we need a new CF and play Martinelli there in cups and rotation. I always liked Nketiah but having doubts about him in the PL now. Laca we should sell this summer.

Auba hasnt really worked in the centre though. I think next season we need a new CF and play Martinelli there in cups and rotation. I always liked Nketiah but having doubts about him in the PL now. Laca we should sell this summer.

Thats why I said we needed to make him work in the center. I mean we have played him there but I dont really agree that we have put a lot of effort in trying to make it work. Maybe its because managers dont feel they have time to do it or something I dont know.

I still have a little bit faith in Nketiah but agree that time is running out for him. Hopefully he still will get some chances. I think he will surprise many!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

I think Bergkamp was on a rolling yearly contract and not on big or even reduced wages. He loved the club so for him, it was all about staying. This is rare though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom