• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I’d rotate him with ESR but I don’t want to see him out wide anymore.

You can see Arteta giving him every opportunity bringing him on in comfy leads, but I don’t know what’s wrong with him.
Agreed, I'd rather address the glaring lack of depth in midfield. Willian can rotate with Emile while we focus on securing our genuine top target. The Isco, Eriksen etc. shouts can all do one.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't want to see this guy play in our shirt ever again, what a disgrace. Even in 10 minutes he managed to poison everything he touched.

I don't understand Arteta talking about Pepe being a confidence player, needing minutes. Let your marquee signing rot on the bench when we have a 3-0 lead to play a pensioner....Don't understand this at all.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I don't want to see this guy play in our shirt ever again, what a disgrace. Even in 10 minutes he managed to poison everything he touched.

I don't understand Arteta talking about Pepe being a confidence player, needing minutes. Let your marquee signing rot on the bench when we have a 3-0 lead to play a pensioner....Don't understand this at all.
Not Artetas marquee signing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Athletic:
At a time when Arsenal have just about managed to unshackle themselves from Özil, they are still only five months into a three-year commitment to a player who is actually older than the German.

His last 18 appearances have yielded one assist and no goals.

Willian was a free transfer in name alone. There have been conflicting reports over his exact salary, which is inevitable given the complexity of modern contracts. Bonus clauses and image rights serve to cloud the figures somewhat. Certainly, he earns considerably less than someone like Özil — but considerably more than some of the young players who are currently outshining him. And in Willian and £72 million Nicolas Pepe, Arsenal have two right-sided attackers who both look like expensive mistakes. :eek:

Can't be far off £200m a week.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Incredible decline this hes been worse than Alexis was at Utd. 9 goals and 7 assists in 36 league games last season. Could anyone have known he would turn out this bad this quickly? I thought this decline would happen in his last season not in his first few games.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Incredible decline this hes been worse than Alexis was at Utd. 9 goals and 7 assists in 36 league games last season. Could anyone have known he would turn out this bad this quickly? I thought this decline would happen in his last season not in his first few games.

He hasn't declined at all, he's still the same player for us as he was for Chelsea. It is Arteta's tactics that is killing him cause this underlapping right back overlapping right winger is the worst way to use a winger like Willian (and Pepe).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

desperate attempt by The Athletic to kinda push the Willian signing in Edu's court whilst crediting Arteta with other signings.

Both were complicit, Arteta had enough options with the academy alone to say no.

Would also like to add, criminal Raul was long gone and Edu was still trying to push these kind of signings onto the club. Just saying.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

desperate attempt by The Athletic to kinda push the Willian signing in Edu's court whilst crediting Arteta with other signings.

Both were complicit, Arteta had enough options with the academy alone to say no.

Would also like to add, criminal Raul was long gone and Edu was still trying to push these kind of signings onto the club. Just saying.
Raul was never the problem. If Arteta didn't want Willian, I'm fairly sure we won't have signed Willian

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can see Arteta giving him every opportunity bringing him on in comfy leads,
I can think of like five players in our squad who could benefit from coming on with a comfy lead and just being told to have fun and build confidence. Willian is the least deserving of that and I don’t get it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He hasn't declined at all, he's still the same player for us as he was for Chelsea. It is Arteta's tactics that is killing him cause this underlapping right back overlapping right winger is the worst way to use a winger like Willian (and Pepe).
Yeah I wasn’t expecting much from him. He gets about 15 g+a per season and that’s while being dominant on set pieces but seemed like Arteta has no idea how to get the best out of him and has completely iced him.

I’m not sure if he knows how to get the best out of any forward actually.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I can think of like five players in our squad who could benefit from coming on with a comfy lead and just being told to have fun and build confidence. Willian is the least deserving of that and I don’t get it.
Because Arteta is heavily invested in Willian's success. Willian was his signing. He's ready to sacrifice Pepe and Nelson to ensure that Willian succeed.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Because Arteta is heavily invested in Willian's success. Willian was his signing. He's ready to sacrifice Pepe and Nelson to ensure that Willian succeed.
The sad truth I think.

He’s got the boards backing as well so it’s just an ego thing for him. I doubt he’s being forced to play him if anything they’d be harassing him to play Pepe so we can recoup some funds.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg

There is no proof of this. Willian is Brazilian and his agent is Kia. The one with all these links is Edu. Arteta persuading Willian to join us over other teams doesn’t mean Willian was his dream signing. Everything points to Edu wanting to build a Brazilian or Portugese speaking core. The idea may have been abandoned after Raul got sacked.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

There is no proof of this. Willian is Brazilian and his agent his Kia. The one with all these links is Edu. Arteta persuading Willian to join us over other teams doesn’t mean Willian was his dream signing. Everything points to Edu wanting to build a Brazilian or Portugese speaking core. The idea may have been abandoned after Raul got sacked.
Do you believe what you're typing or you're just on a wind up?

So all the bad signings were Edu but the good signings were Arteta?
**** off and go suck Xhaha's ****

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Do you believe what you're typing or you're just on a wind up?

So all the bad signings were Edu but the good signings were Arteta?
**** off and go suck Xhaha's ****

Senior signings made when Arteta was head coach: Cedric, Mari, Willian
Edu’s signings.

After Raul got sacked Arteta was made manager and that’s when he got control. Signed Partey and Gabriel, working in tandem with Edu. They were both scouted beforehand but made transfer targets under Arteta.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Senior signings made when Arteta was head coach: Cedric, Mari, Willian
Edu’s signings.

After Raul got sacked Arteta was made manager and that’s when he got control. Signed Partey and Gabriel, working in tandem with Edu. They were both scouted beforehand but made transfer targets under Arteta.
:lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom