• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

#NoMorePlayersBornInThe1980s
Kenny-Sansom-Captain-02.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We need a backup for Tierney, and Bertrand has 6 months in contract. Tierney is our starter for many years to come, so I'm fine with almost anyone who is EPL level and willing to come. And is not too expensive.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve always thought he was one of those guys that if at a top four side would probably be a starter and be rated more highly. That was a few years ago, no idea what he’s like now.

From what I remember though, very solid backup LB and this is Arsenal, we aren’t going to sign someone to compete with Tierney. :lol:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We aren't spoilt for choice. Should sign that Reading boy Omar and loan him out to Saints instead of paying money for him though.

Bertrand should make a decent back up given his experience as Kierney is starting whenever fit and being HG gives us room for another NHG player too.

drippin

Also, Arteta’s comments about wanting a left footer makes me question even more the decision not to sell AMN.

He still has 2 years in contract in the summer, we can sell him then.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There was a period where he looked really good didn't he? Wouldn't be against this as long as wages aren't ridiculous

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He still has 2 years in contract in the summer, we can sell him then.

Yeah but will there be any interest? He went into last summer off the back of dominant performances against top teams. If we sign Bertrand AMN won’t get a kick between now and the summer. His value is only going one way.

Iceman10

Established Member
Also, Arteta’s comments about wanting a left footer makes me question even more the decision not to sell AMN.

Fact he said that was a hint of Arteta’s “process” to push AMN out perhaps. Better get some good money for AMN though, not ecstatic with the way Arteta has devalued some assets.

drippin

Yeah but will there be any interest? He went into last summer off the back of dominant performances against top teams. If we sign Bertrand AMN won’t get a kick between now and the summer. His value is only going one way.

Well Wolves bought Semedo for 30 million euros, and clearly thought he was more worth it than AMN.

Hard to sell when no one is buying for the sum you value him as a young HG player with good experience.

AMN will still have interest even without so many games this season.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Fact he said that was a hint of Arteta’s “process” to push AMN out perhaps. Better get some good money for AMN though, not ecstatic with the way Arteta has devalued some assets.
Think we will sell AMN in the summer and I do think we'll get decent money for him, since he's an England international now.

As far as Bertrand, it would be a good deal. Solid depth. He isn't coming in to start and he's a pretty consistent player whenever I see him play.

Arsenal4life14

Wouldnt be against this at all if his wages arent too high. Tierney does need a back up, especially for the amount of effort he puts into every game. Theres no way he can continue like that pace for the rest of the season without picking up injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom