• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
brutal but fair haha

Esa_B2JWMAAW9Oz

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is probably on his way out, but the fact that he is being put in the same bracket as Willian is a joke.

Bellerin doesn't provide an overlap so he can't move inside.

Cedric is Cedric.

He didn't receive one pass off Willian the first half.

Nketiah next to him?

I mean? What does he do with that. He may not execute, but even off literally no service, he was our best creator. He is so isolated it's unreal.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

No one's gonna offer that much for a flop. They'll wait till his contract runs out. Unless of course his personal management decides to push for a move can't see him going anywhere
Should be able to get 30m. Sure he’s a flop but his season for Lille will still be remembered and him flopping could be attributed to not suited for PL... I know it’s a push in this financial climate, but still think he has some resale value

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He is probably on his way out, but the fact that he is being put in the same bracket as Willian is a joke.

Bellerin doesn't provide an overlap so he can't move inside.

Cedric is Cedric.

He didn't receive one pass off Willian the first half.

Nketiah next to him?

I mean? What does he do with that. He may not execute, but even off literally no service, he was our best creator. He is so isolated it's unreal.

Bellerin cant provide an overlap because hes defending against 2 and was being pressed all the time time, Pepe wandering around eyeing up his next target for a headbutt probably.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He tried today and he's probably got the bruises to prove it. They kicked the sh!t out of him today. Lol. I'd like to see him get some minutes with the likes of ESR and Saka out there. Even one game where he gets a full 90

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Least worst is still the best. He played well. Agendas out in force.

lol least worst doesn't mean played well homie, who has the agenda? We lost and he contributed no goals, no assists, maybe even no shots on goal?

edit: also the most expensive player on the pitch I think

edit2: funny you accuse me of an Agenda. I'm the least Agenda driven person on this forum. I'd defy you to ever find my agenda. It's so clear that Pepe wasn't good enough to help us beat a team we should easily beat (neither were the rest of the players besides Gabby, subs aside.)

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Oh yeah hes absolutely fantastic, amazing player, he produced one decent chance wowowowowowoow.

He only lost the ball several times breaking down attack after attacj and left Bellerin stranded 1v2 most of the time. BUT BEST CHANCE PRODUCED AMAZING PLAYER WOWOWOWOWOW.
Point is mate you whinge about the stats because they don't suit your agenda. And he's the one who produced the two best chances. Reading this response it's clear you're a mong so I probably shouldn't have bothered to respond.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

lol least worst doesn't mean played well homie, who has the agenda? We lost and he contributed no goals, no assists, maybe even no shots on goal?

edit: also the most expensive player on the pitch I think
He did play well. No agenda here. I'm not a fan of him. We shouldn't have signed him but even when my preferred players have a bad game I'll call it as I see it. Pepe played well today.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
He did play well. No agenda here. I'm not a fan of him. We shouldn't have signed him but even when my preferred players have a bad game I'll call it as I see it. Pepe played well today.

I feel like he did take responsibility and he wanted to make something happen, so I agree with you there.... but he really didn't make a positive impact. He certainly wasn't a gamechanger. It's kind of like when I used to watch Mkhitaryan... he tried, but couldnt do anything without losing possession. Sometimes even trying to do something when there was an open pass to a player in a better position (who, arguably, wouldve ****ed up too).

Can't judge too much from this game since all players were bad, but this lineup has looked bad everytime and Pepe is part of that.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Point is mate you whinge about the stats because they don't suit your agenda. And he's the one who produced the two best chances. Reading this response it's clear you're a mong so I probably shouldn't have bothered to respond.

They're a very small sample of stats that give zeron context, Pepe is cr*p and has been cr*p for a long time I cant help you get emotional over it. Personal insults and saying I've an agenda is pretty fkin pathetic when you think Pepe deserves to be near the team.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I think he played well it’s tough coming into a team like this that doesn’t play together regularly and is full of players that are off form or just coming back. He needs a run of games to build some momentum and he’s not going to get with us.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

This is probably not good ‘analysis’ but something Pepe has never had which I thought he’d have in abundance since he arrived is swag/arrogance or something similar. I really think that’s what’s hindered him here. The confidence to wear his price tag & just play his game. He played OK today but he just misses a spark or something I can’t quite explain it. He looks like he’s concentrating too hard on what he wants to do & before he can decide he’s dispossessed... he makes things happen & draws fouls etc but the dribbling stresses me out..

Moah

edit2: funny you accuse me of an Agenda. I'm the least Agenda driven person on this forum. I'd defy you to ever find my agenda. It's so clear that Pepe wasn't good enough to help us beat a team we should easily beat (neither were the rest of the players besides Gabby, subs aside.)
Neither of the Gabbys played well today. Martinelli even fluffed a one on one chance. Its things like this that get called agendas

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
New excuse for Pepe added to the list.... its an agenda people have against him. Its not that he loses the ball again and again and again its an agenda. Just because Willian and Nketiah were poor today doesnt mean Pepe was good

People comparing Pepe to Pepe's other performances or Willian is the real problem. Saka looked 10 times the threat when he came on.

Martinelli played better from the starting lineup, constantly offered options and was running off the ball, helped Cedric defend also pressed, constantly and pulled the opposition out of shape and won back the ball a few times. Was unlucky not to get cleaner shot away with the volley chance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom